Manchester Red/Blue divide (The unbias truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great central mate, opposite Sainsburys? Right in the thick of it, you do find though that a lot of people from the area are City fans.
yeah know it well. Aye withington is definitely city fan heavy, fallowfield is mixed imo, and didsbury is a bit more united

friendship inn is great for derby day, i was there for the 4-3 last season atmosphere was electric

I never thought I'd see the day of a decent talk about two rival teams on fm-base, this because it's a school night and the children are away to bed XD no offence to some of the younger ones who are decent on here.

Great OP very detailed mate. I wish Dzeko all the best as long as he doesn't win you lot trophys. :p

I never thought I'd see the day of a decent talk about two rival teams on fm-base, this because it's a school night and the children are away to bed XD no offence to some of the younger ones who are decent on here.

Great OP very detailed mate. I wish Dzeko all the best as long as he doesn't win you lot trophys. :p

Nice one mate ;), I'm a big fan of Hernandez. Bags of talent and with the world at his feet. Seems like a nice young lad too... And yeah, I hope he wins naff all with you guys too :p

P.S. It's a shame that not only on FM Base but on pretty much on any mixed team forum i go on these days whenever a thread is started about City it's only a few posts before in turns into a slanging match about greed, money etc... City are a club with a fantastic history as all reasonable football fans know. We are so much more than just a club got lucky. All true City fans wouldn't give a monkeys if the Sheikh left tomorrow.

Thanks for showing your true colours as top guys tonight fellas ;)

friendship inn is great for derby day, i was there for the 4-3 last season atmosphere was electric
gotta say im a massive fan of Chesire Cat/Queen of Hearts (Tarts)

Mate it's the same with me and Rangers-Celtic although I'm not innocent myself. I will have a rant at times. But I enjoy football chat as much as the next guy nd if someone is actually decent enough and talks about stuff they know its great to listen to and talk about regardless of who it is. exactly it's not your fault that the club became rich, Hate certain players in the club but who doesn't ?

Yeah Javier looks very very promising indeed, He's scored against all the big international clubs in the world aswell for Mexico and I can't wait to see him blossom. It will be interesting to see how he goes when Fergie goes but thats when it happens which could be forever with him fighting on XD. I haven't seen much of Dzeko because I hate any football apart from Scottish (ironic I know XD) and English, I can;t get used to other styles :S so I'm looking forward to really seeing him in action.

what a man cant wait to see him play for city lol (H) just to seee how he slots in (6)

Last edited:
Mate it's the same with me and Rangers-Celtic although I'm not innocent myself. I will have a rant at times. But I enjoy football chat as much as the next guy nd if someone is actually decent enough and talks about stuff they know its great to listen to and talk about regardless of who it is. exactly it's not your fault that the club became rich, Hate certain players in the club but who doesn't ?

Yeah Javier looks very very promising indeed, He's scored against all the big international clubs in the world aswell for Mexico and I can't wait to see him blossom. It will be interesting to see how he goes when Fergie goes but thats when it happens which could be forever with him fighting on XD. I haven't seen much of Dzeko because I hate any football apart from Scottish (ironic I know XD) and English, I can;t get used to other styles :S so I'm looking forward to really seeing him in action.

The German bundesliga is actualy a pretty strong league. There are some good teams in there. I'd probably put it as my 3rd best league after England and Spain. The Italian league has never truely recovered from the whole match fixing scandles imo.

Edin Dzeko is simply a goal machine very much like Ruud Van Nistelrooy was. Although Edin can score from Anywhere while Ruud was an awesome poacher. I have no doubt Edin will be awesome at City. Imo Citys squad is as strong as any in the league now and all we need is a year or two of consistancey and Mancinis great buys will start baring fruit. It is indeed a very exciting time to be a City fan.

gotta say im a massive fan of Chesire Cat/Queen of Hearts (Tarts)

Queen of Tarts is **** now!

Used to be well busy but now it's just dead all the time haha.

Back on topic, you get some right banter with the united/city fans sometimes!

very well put mate, we are all guitly to abit of bias i mean we love our team and will fight any bad word against them but somtimes if you take a step back you can see a bigger picture. Definatly what you have done here mate, massive brownie points.

Good read, seeing how I'm Australian this was very helpful. I enjoyed watching the interview Dzeko was in, I actually do believe he was told to say there are more city fans than united. Nonetheless I don't think it matters because it was taken way out of context as the media would have it believed, also hope he starts next match :3

Queen of Tarts is **** now!

Used to be well busy but now it's just dead all the time haha.

Back on topic, you get some right banter with the united/city fans sometimes!
yeah i've been hearing this, apparently it could be closing soon too, glad i caught it while it was good

the banter is awesome, the pubs go mental! and unsuprisingly fights break out left right and centre. Good craic though

I used to love going in the Queen of Hearts when i was in my College days in the mid 90's. Hot posh student birds who were up for a "bit of rough" (and boy was i rough :D)

However being a strictly lower working class North Manchester boy i now feel very uneasy and somewhat out of place in that part of town. Not a Manc accent to be found all the way up Oxford/Wilmslow road XD. I feel like one of the local idiots being staired at by the posh kids from Hereford or god knows where. And they all seem to adopt that generic student accent... Very odd!

Off Topic, I used to think BlackBurn and Lancashire were one division of Greater London.

My life is a lie.

But usually in a city with 2 rivals fans of the team with the smaller reputation usually to claim the fans of the greater rival to be merely sheep and gloryhunters but the backstory such as Manchester's can be applied in most places.

Off Topic, I used to think BlackBurn and Lancashire were one division of Greater London.

My life is a lie.

But usually in a city with 2 rivals fans of the team with the smaller reputation usually to claim the fans of the greater rival to be merely sheep and gloryhunters but the backstory such as Manchester's can be applied in most places.

Sorry to go OT here fellas but i gotta ask, Deovoultcha, What the heck is with your insane Sig? that lass is kinda cute but a bit... welll. Nuts :D

He apparantly went through the kind of **** as a child that most of us can't imagine Mike. While i was getting stoned with my girlfriend listning to music at high school he was seeing his young mates blown up in Sarejavo. His house was blown to bits and he had to dodge sniper bullets daily.

I think this has done a lot to shape the person he is. Someone who is very mild mannered who looks at life very possitively. I have only seen a few interviews with him but i already really like the guy.
My mate grew up in Bosnia around the same time as Dzeko, he doesn't describe it nearly as dramatic as that. However there were definetely remenants of war left over. My friend said he used to collect bullet casings off the roads.

Used to hate City to the guts because there are players like Adebayor, Tevez, Zabaleta, Balotelli, Bellamy, Bridge, Barry etc in the team. But if they get more players like Dzeko and Silva (good players that are level headed and are good professionals) I might not be that upset if City wins anything.

Oh and good sharing from OP

Status
Not open for further replies.