Manchester Red/Blue divide (The unbias truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't say about in Manchester, but I can say that there are defo more Man U supporters out of Manchester than Man City ones!

Also I don't see why people say Man U is not a true Manchester club as they were founded in the actual city of Manchester, but then moved to Salford for a new stadium. Also the new stadium is still part of Greater Manchester so...?

(BTW NOT A HIT TO OP, A HIT TO PEOPLE THAT SAY MAN U IS NOT A MANCHESTER CLUB)

I can't say about in Manchester, but I can say that there are defo more Man U supporters out of Manchester than Man City ones!

Also I don't see why people say Man U is not a true Manchester club as they were founded in the actual city of Manchester, but then moved to Salford for a new stadium. Also the new stadium is still part of Greater Manchester so...?

Yes, no one is denying the fact that there are more Man Utd fans in the world. But the split in the actual City of Manchester seems to be around 50% going on what people have said here.

People may claim that Man Utd are not a true Manchester club as they originated from Newton Heath. In those times, Newton Heath was probably more of a separate industrial village/town, and was associated with Oldham too. The OP addresses this issue far better than I'll ever manage, which makes me question if you've read it. But let's not argue, and continue what is actually a decent debate between real football fans.

This is being unbiased

Man Utd have had a great past in football.

I think now Man City have a great future in football

You're wrong on both of your points. United Were not formed in Manchester. As i said United were indeed formed As Newton Heath lyr fc in 1878. Back in those days Newton Heath was in Oldham. So no they weren't as you put it "founded in the actual city of Manchester". They then Moved to Old Trafford in the borrough of Trafford in the year 1910. So again no, They didn't "move to Salford for a new stadium". Salford, Manchester, Oldham and Trafford are 4 completely different borroughs of the Massive urban Sprawl of Greater Manchester.

Calling United a Manchester club is like calling Wigan or Bolton Manchester clubs. If you did i'm sure the good people of Wigan and Bolton would tell you to **** right off. United are a Manchester club in name only and it is partialy for that reason (read my op for the rest as you clearly didn't the first time around) that City fans used to outnumber United fans in Manchester. It's the same reason not that many People in Manchester don't support Wigan.

However i wasn't using these historical and geographical facts to demean United in any way, something which most people who have contributed to this thread have understood. It was used to show effectively how things were only a few decades back compared to how things are today.

P.S. Newton Heath is now in these modern times very much in the boundrie of Manchester. Out of interest i might add that Mancheter United played their home matches on a field on "Ten Acre Lane" and Ten Acre Lane is less than 100 yards away from Grimshaw Lane which is The Boundrie of Miles Platting which back then was the boarder of Olham and Manchester. You see if United had formed just 100 yards further south they would indeed be a true Manchester club.

1058kqx.png

Google map Showing just how close United were to the boundrie of Manchester. Note how close MCFC is to Ten Acre Lane... LOL XD

Last edited:
You're wrong on both of your points. United Were not formed in Manchester. As i said United were indeed formed As Newton Heath lyr fc in 1878. Back in those days Newton Heath was in Oldham. So no they weren't as you put it "founded in the actual city of Manchester". They then Moved to Old Trafford in the borrough of Trafford in the year 1910. So again no, They didn't "move to Salford for a new stadium". Salford, Manchester, Oldham and Trafford are 4 completely different borroughs of the Massive urban Sprawl of Greater Manchester.

Calling United a Manchester club is like calling Wigan or Bolton Manchester clubs. If you did i'm sure the good people of Wigan and Bolton would tell you to **** right off. United are a Manchester club in name only and it is partialy for that reason (read my op for the rest as you clearly didn't the first time around) that City fans used to outnumber United fans in Manchester. It's the same reason not that many People in Manchester don't support Wigan.

However i wasn't using these historical and geographical facts to demean United in any way, something which most people who have contributed to this thread have understood. It was used to show effectively how things were only a few decades back compared to how things are today.

P.S. Newton Heath is now in these modern times very much in the boundrie of Manchester. Out of interest i might add that Mancheter United played their home matches on a field on "Ten Acre Lane" and Ten Acre Lane is less than 100 yards away from Grimshaw Lane which is The Boundrie of Miles Platting which back then was the boarder of Olham and Manchester. You see if United had formed just 100 yards further south they would indeed be a true Manchester club.

1058kqx.png

Google map Showing just how close United were to the boundrie of Manchester. Note how close MCFC is to Ten Acre Lane... LOL XD

No wonder we call you noisy neighbours!!!!!

Its kinda obvious since, Manchester United is called Manchester Utd and not Manchester City lol. But yeah nice to know that it was actually Oldham they were formed in.

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

Calling United a Manchester club is like calling Wigan or Bolton Manchester clubs.
How can you say those things? There is a clear difference between calling Wigan and Bolton a Manchester club; those clubs are not part of Greater Manchester.

You're wrong on both of your points. United Were not formed in Manchester.

This quote i got from a Manc

Manchester City were formed in West Gorton, which was not in Manchester at the time (credit to Sal for that as I didn't know until recently). United were formed in Newton Heath, which is in Manchester.

A lot of people have been saying that Dzeko joined city for money. If you watch the interview...he really seems to be a nice guy.And i admire United for finding CR7 :D It was good to see that he didin't join Liverpool. :D

The German bundesliga is actualy a pretty strong league. There are some good teams in there. I'd probably put it as my 3rd best league after England and Spain. The Italian league has never truely recovered from the whole match fixing scandles imo.

Edin Dzeko is simply a goal machine very much like Ruud Van Nistelrooy was. Although Edin can score from Anywhere while Ruud was an awesome poacher. I have no doubt Edin will be awesome at City. Imo Citys squad is as strong as any in the league now and all we need is a year or two of consistancey and Mancinis great buys will start baring fruit. It is indeed a very exciting time to be a City fan.

Yeah its not that I'm saying it's a poor league after all I am a supporter of Scottish football ;) It's just the way I like my style of football to be played, Especially Italian they spend more time on the deck than anything else. I'm just so used to watching Scottish & English and can't really watch anything else as me personally don't like they style they play. I get bored easily where as I never used to when I was younger i'd watch anything.

Yeah its not that I'm saying it's a poor league after all I am a supporter of Scottish football ;) It's just the way I like my style of football to be played, Especially Italian they spend more time on the deck than anything else. I'm just so used to watching Scottish & English and can't really watch anything else as me personally don't like they style they play. I get bored easily where as I never used to when I was younger i'd watch anything.

I haven't seen your earlier post, did you mean Bundesliga is boring?

A lot of people have been saying that Dzeko joined city for money. If you watch the interview...he really seems to be a nice guy.And i admire United for finding CR7 :D It was good to see that he didin't join Liverpool. :D
I don't think he joined for the money, I think you did though :)

I haven't seen your earlier post, did you mean Bundesliga is boring?

No not boring. Just in my opinion I don't like watching it I can't get into it. how can I say any league is boring with scottish football lol. basically what I was saying is I've heard many great things about Dzeko but haven't watched him play because I don't like watching the german league and I can't into the games when I do watch it. So therefore Im looking forward to actually see him in action.

No not boring. Just in my opinion I don't like watching it I can't get into it. how can I say any league is boring with scottish football lol. basically what I was saying is I've heard many great things about Dzeko but haven't watched him play because I don't like watching the german league and I can't into the games when I do watch it. So therefore Im looking forward to actually see him in action.

Fair enough. Actually try watching Bundesliga, it is very exciting with very good players. Dzeko was excellent in carrying his team but with the departure of Felix Magath everything went wrong. Bundesliga tempo is close to Premier league, so i think he will have no problems in adjusting to the league pace.

I don't think he joined for the money, I think you did though :)

What? You mean i support City because of their money? No...why would i? Doesn't glory hunters support glorious clubs? But because of their money? I dont get it..

Yeah I was reading on wiki and it said its in Manchester, never knew it wasn't before

Also I was On the 1st pont I was looking on a map which didn't have boundaries so I just guestimated where OT was in it, and I got it wrong :(

How can you say those things? There is a clear difference between calling Wigan and Bolton a Manchester club; those clubs are not part of Greater Manchester.

Have a look on page 1 of this thread. There is a map of greater Manchester. Wigan, Bolton Are both in Greater Manchester. So is Trafford but you will also see that Manchester itself is it's own Burrough.

This quote i got from a Manc

Manchester City were formed in West Gorton, which was not in Manchester at the time (credit to Sal for that as I didn't know until recently). United were formed in Newton Heath, which is in Manchester.

Your Rag Mate is talking bollocks. The history of Manchester is something i am somewhat of an expert on. Gorton has always been Manchester. Newton Heath wasn't. He made that other **** up because it obviously bothers him.

Have a look on page 1 of this thread. There is a map of greater Manchester. Wigan, Bolton Are both in Greater Manchester. So is Trafford but you will also see that Manchester itself is it's own Burrough.

Your Rag Mate is talking bollocks. The history of Manchester is something i am somewhat of an expert on. Gorton has always been Manchester. Newton Heath wasn't. He made that other **** up because it obviously bothers him.

its a bit messed up with all that stuff, golborne is classed as wigan but its got a warrington postcode, the whole area has changed so much over the years its so confusing learning the history lol, but you are right - just confusing at times.

I agree with him as City fan who was going on and on about how we are not Manchester club STFU and never bothered to turn up. Don't just assume as if you know everything. The one i qouted was posted by a very senior Manc.

Here is the article

The poster featured a picture of Tevez (ironically celebrating a goal for Manchester United against Wigan) with the caption, ‘Welcome to Manchester’. The poster was allegedly a poke at United, whose Old Trafford home has been outside of the city limits since the Local Government Act was introduced in 1972.

United were founded in Manchester, and the boundary changes mean that technically the stadium is outside of those boundaries. Manchester City on the other hand, were formed in West Gorton, which at the time was not part of Manchester. So technically they were never really from Manchester, they just moved here

Last edited:
Ooohh... A SENIOR MANC ha ha ha ha... I guess living in Manchester my entire life doesn't count then does it. Your mate is full of ****. All you need to do is dig around and do a bit of research. Go on... I'll wait for ya XD

Ooohh... A SENIOR MANC ha ha ha ha... I guess living in Manchester my entire life doesn't count then does it. Your mate is full of ****. All you need to do is dig around and do a bit of research. Go on... I'll wait for ya XD

See the edited post. Added Article which says exactly what i said. ;)

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

Part of Gorton township was included in the city in 1890. The remaining part of the township became an Urban District of the administrative county of Lancashire in 1894. A small part of the urban district was transferred to the city of Manchester in 1901 and the remaining area was fully incorporated into Manchester in 1909.

City was formed in 1880, isn't it.

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

My Mate is not ****. What you are spouting here is.

Check the geography
West Gorton was included in the City of Manchester in 1890, whereas the remainder of Gorton was included only in 1909

Status
Not open for further replies.