Manchester United- Retaking the crown.

ZeusThunder

Reaction score
Note: I am- and always be- A Leeds fan. When it comes to the premier league, I can't stand teams that basically buy the league, So I support united in the Premier league. I thought it would be fun to try and see how easy it would be with LFC Marshall's 18.8.12 Transfer update to win the following:

FA CUP
Barclay's
Premier League
UEFA Champions League

and a couple of minor goals:

Capital one cup
Have the top goalscorer in all comps.
Win the manager of the season award.
One of my players wins the ballon d'or or world footballer of the year.

Now on to the story.

Thanks

Zeus.

Edit: I am using the tactic:
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...3-unbeatable-engine-exploiter-hazza22299.html SIR ALEX RETIRES- UNKNOWN MANAGER TAKES THE JOB. After recent health scares, Sir Alex Ferguson has decided- against United fans wishes- to step down. David Moyes has always been favourite to take the job, but it has been given to a complete novice of a manager- Zak Thunder. Even more shocking to United fans is that the new manager is A Leeds United fan- not one Manchester United's favourite sides. During the interview, Thunder answered some questions such as:

Q: What are your goals this season?

A: To restore the crown to the right half of Manchester.

Q: How dramatic will your changes be?

A: Not to drastic, but some big changes that will keep everyone on their toes.

Q: With and estimated budget of 35 million, is there any major targets for you?

A: Well Sir Alex has spent some of my budget already on very good players, but there are some areas I would like to strengthen.

Thunder has signed a 1 year deal, which can be extended. Also at the press conference was the other major change at United. Arsenal's captain has joined United on a 4-year contract, worth up to a rumoured staggering £64 Million.

Last edited:
Flash forward a few weeks and United have played all but one of their friendlies- all behind closed doors so Zak Thunder can get a better idea of his final team.

Both Van Persie and Rooney have been impressing- Each scoring a notable amount of goals each.

Here are the results-

Manchester United 4 Vs Man. United Reserves 0 Thunder starts to get an idea of his team.

Rooney 3, 24 and 66
Van Persie 45

Boca 0 Vs Man. United 6 A 4 Minute Hernandez Hat-trick puts doubts into Thunders choice

Rooney 18
Van Persie 35
Hernandez 56, 58, and pen 60
Young 77

Antwerp 0 Vs Man. United 7 An demolition job of one of united's feeder clubs, as Ayew
hits a début Goal.
Rooney 8,19 and 33
Hernandez 51
Ayew 56
Young 68,and 73.

PSV Eindhoven 0 Vs Man. United 3 The devils still comfortably win against stronger opposition
Tom cleverly out injured.
Ayew 22
Rooney Pen 70
Waterman own goal 84

Another exclusive interview behind the revolution at Manchester United.

Q: 1 Game left in your pre-season- at home against Roma- clearly your hardest opponents yet? Do you feel confident of keeping your clean sheet streak?

A: Well with my new signing, Ter Stegen, I'd hope his 21.5 Million pound price tag insures good performances.
The duty doesn't just lay on him, my defence will have to help him out this season, just as they have done in pre-season.

Q: Talking about transfers and defence, you decided not to strengthen your defence,why?

A: The defence here were already a good team, lead by the 3 senior players, Evra, Ferdinand and Vidic. They young players look up to them and the older players keep them in line.

Q: In other news, You sold Anderson, who signed alongside Nani. Why was this?

A: Anderson felt that he wanted to move on, and the price was right from Dortmund. Some of the funds has been used to bring Ayew from OM, and his impact has been impressive.

Q: Both Modric and Mikel snubbed you, with Modric joining rivals City. How does this put you in squad depth compared to City?

A: First of all, Mikel didn't snub us, it was just we didn't have the wage budget to sign him. Modric on the other hand, the board decided to take the matter into their on hands and for some reason he didn't join us. I'll think he'll regret it, come the end of the season.

Q: Also some younger faces have joined the team, well all of your signings are under 21 aren't they?

A: I am always looking towards the future so yes, it made sense to sign them.

View attachment 268975 United's New boy- Ter Stegen.

Last edited:
TRANSFER NEWS-

THUNDERS NEW FACES-

Q: Another conference in what- 2 days?

A: Yes, if it irritates you make sure the door doesn't hit you on the way out.

Q: Sorry, I didn't mean it like that, but I hear you have some new faces.

A: Yes, after my burst of young players and rejections I have signed some older players for experience. Ballack, Pires, Vassell on a trial and Juarez, another player on trial, as well we are currently in talks with Joe Ledley of Celtic, and we have signed a Norwegian Left back for cover- Rindaroy, from our friends at Molde.

Q: Vassell from Leicester?

A: Yes, as back up for the first team.

TRANSFERS AT UNITED- NO MORE TO COME SAYS THUNDER

PLAYERS IN

JOE LEDLEY- CENTRAL MIDFILDER- WALES-CELTIC- £5 MILLION

View attachment 268980

DARIUS VASSELL-STRIKER-ENGLAND-FREE AGENT- FREE TRANSFER

View attachment 268981

MARC-ANDRE TER STEGEN-GOALKEEPER-GERMANY-B. M'GLADBACH-£21.5 MILLION
View attachment 268982

MICHAEL OWEN-STRIKER-ENGLAND-FREE AGENT-FREE TRANSFER/NEW CONTRACT
View attachment 268983
MICHAEL BALLACK-CENTRAL MIDFIELDER-GERMANY-FREE AGENT- FREE TRANSFER
View attachment 268984
JORDAN AYEW-WINGER-GHANA-OM-£5.75 MILLION
View attachment 268985
ROBERT PIRES-WINGER/ATTACKING MID.-FRANCE-FREE AGENT-FREE TRANSFER
View attachment 268986
SANCHEZ WATT-WINGER/ATTACKING MID.-ENGLAND-ARSENAL-£1.2 MILLION
View attachment 268987
KNUT OLAV RINDAROY-LEFT BACK-NORWAY-MOLDE-£675K
View attachment 268989
NICK POWELL-CENTRAL MIDFIELDER-ENGLAND-CREWE ALEXANDRA-UP TO £6 MILLION
View attachment 268994
ROBIN VAN PERSIE-STRIKER-NETHERLANDS-ARSENAL-£24 MILLION (SUBJECT TO CONDITIONS)
View attachment 268998
SHINJI KAGAWA- ATTACKING MID./STRIKER-JAPAN-B.DORTMUND-UNDISCLOSED
View attachment 269000

PLAYERS OUT: (INCLUDING LOAN DEALS)

BEN AMOS-GOALKEEPER-ENGLAND-HULL CITY-LOAN
View attachment 269001
PAUL POGBA-MIDFILDER-FRANCE-JUVENTUS-FREE TRANSFER (CONTRACT EXPIRED)
View attachment 269002
JI-SUNG PARK-WINGER-JAPAN-QPR-UNDISCLOSED
View attachment 269004
FABIO-LEFT BACK-BRAZIL-QPR-LOAN
View attachment 269005
ANDERSON-MIDFIELDER-BRAZIL-B. DORTMUND-£11 MILLION- £8 MILLION IN MONTHLY INSTALMENTS
View attachment 269006
TOM THORPE-DEFENDER-ENGLAND-YEOVIL-LOAN
View attachment 269010
LARNELL COLE-MIDFILDER-ENGLAND-TRANMERE ROVERS-LOAN
View attachment 269012
MICHAEL KEANE-DEFENDER-ENGLAND-ROTHERAM-LOAN
View attachment 269013
JESSE LINGARD-MIDFIELDER-ENGLAND-ROCHDALE-LOAN
View attachment 269014
SCOTT WOOTTON-DEFENDER-ENGLAND-PRESTON-LOAN
View attachment 269015

Last edited:
TRANSFER TALK- THUNDER TELLS ALL

Q: I'm getting used to these almost daily meetings, what did you want to discuss with me today. I have a couple of questions anyway.

A: This is just to announce our finalised transfers.

Q: The club didn't spend much did they (Hints of sarcasm in his voice)

A: The door is still open.

Q: And so is the transfer window. Why stop now?

A: Well, funds are drying up and I have 26 first team players- more than I can register , not including U-21's.

Q: Quite a few Ex-Arsenal players, you planing on buying the whole team?

A: Well I would have to buy Man city as well then....

Q: I see what you did there.

A: Yes.

Q: You also chose this window as an chance to sign one of you fellow country men, Joe Ledley, below
View attachment 269022
A: Well, if a player fits into the team why not but him?

Q: You seem to start every sentance with well,

A: Well, screw you! *Storms out of the room*

Feel Free to leave feedback- This is my first story. :p
If you would like certain moves to be attempted reply with who you think can take the club forward. Still have to play ROMA- fairly confident but you never know.

Zeus

The Red Devils triumph over AS Roma

UNITED 2- ROMA 0 |
| Thunder gives player on trial chance- doesn't impress (Juarez) Sometimes, when the
LAMELA O.G | chance to play for you favourite team comes along and you take it. Unfortunately,
ROONEY 30 | Juarez, 26 didn't take the chance. United have terminated the trial.

View attachment 269040 The Italians never looked like scoring against a tough united defence. Rafael picked up a knock and was subbed of for Jones.

(6) Devil News (6)

United Face rivals City away from home in their first game of the season.
This tough game will give the advantage and possibly- as Mancini says- The league.

SILVERWARE UPDATE

CHELSEA BEAT CITY IN THE COMMUNITY SHIELD-
THE FIRST SILVERWARE OF THE SEASON GOES TO CHELSEA.

United fans will look at this in a positive way- hopefully de-moralizing City's players.

devil.gif
Devil News
devil.gif

Giggs has been announced as United's captain of the season.
Ferdinand has been chosen as Vice-captain.

Also a £1.6 million bid for L.Brady has been rejected by United. Mr Thunder said 'The youth team is the next generation' and 'he wants to keep players at the club to fulfil their purpose'

Last edited:
International News-

Shocks for the Home nations

England drew 1-1 with Israel- Missing many chances

Wales thrash the Aussies 3-0

In club related news- L Brady looks set to join MK Dons on a season loan, ending interest in the player.
View attachment 269043

devil.gif
Devil News
devil.gif

A war of words-Mancini and Thunder swap words.

Both commented negatively about each other, which is to be expected. The upcoming derby match will probably see arguments between the two escalate and sparks fly.

TANNER RELEASES BATTLE PLAN FOR THE CAMPAIGN

Thunder says his team will attack from the start, dominate the ball, and look fro a win every time. His confidence is high as he bets United to win the title. Zak's beloved Leeds united got of to a good start in the championship and are currently in second. Thunder has not released his First XI yet but it will include 3 strikers.

CITY 2- UNITED 0

A BIASED GAME OF 2 HALVES.

2 Offside goals at the Ethiad has brought controversy to City, who only got booked when they wrecked ryan giggs, which should of been a red-card offense.

United look to make amends against stoke- Fielding an entirely different formation and tactic- no strikers at all.
images
United,s next opponents are known to be a tough team to beat, even at home.

First points on the Table for United 3-1 Stoke.

An early strike from Hernandez started a good game for united. United had started with no 'strikers' as such but switched to a more attacking tactic and scored another for a 2 goal cushion. That cushion proved useful as Ryan Shawcross clawed one back, but We never looked like losing and in the latter parts of the game, Sorensen dropped the ball in his own net.

UNITED 3 STOKE 1

HERNANDEZ 2 SHAWCROSS 80

AYEW 66

SORENSEN 88 O.G

Tony Pulis, Thunder's fellow Welshman, complimented the way United ruthlessly won the game. He said 'They never tired. They kept knocking the ball back and forth between our players and were unlucky to score more.'

images

Current League Standings.

1st QPR
2nd Wigan
3rd Chelsea
4th West Brom

18th Spurs
19th Norwich
20th Villa

United are 11th, behind city by 1 space.