Manchester United set to complete £16m deal for Blackburn's Phil Jones

Wrong section ...

Hadn't heard much about it but it's all over twitter now.

I personally rate him very highly, great prospect. £16 million seems to be quite a bit though with the inflated prices of English youngsters at the moment it seems to be a reasonable fee.

its a good deal for Man Utd, ferdinand is not getting any younger and vidic also is getting older

Lmao liverpool thought they had him aswell

Anybody got a idea which position United would prefer him?

thats a great buy if we get him, was rock solid in most of the games I watched him play! good one Fergie...

I've got a feeling Ferguson would train and use him as a DM.

I literally heard 5 minutes ago (saw it on the SSN ticker) and almost jizzed. I logged onto my laptop immediately so I could find out where this has come from, I thought he was odds-on to be a Liverpool player by the end of the week. He's turned them down for us though, what a legend ♥

So Arsenal were interested in him and he met Wenger yesterday.

So we have beaten Arsenal twice for young CBs signing..

Hope he settles in well like Smalling..

To quote Borat, "I very excite!"

Can he play RB? Because with Da Silva's a bit injury prone and O'Shea not being the greatest full-back to have graced Old Trafford he would be my first choice to play their.

Looks like the start of a very exciting season for us United fans :)

Meh, I'll believe it when it's not just from twitter sources. Seeing as according to twitter he was also at Melwood for a medical this morning.

Great signing for United. A player with huge potential and is already a standout performer for Blackburn at 19. Reminds me of John Terry, but with pace.

16m is a steal in my opinion, especially when you see players like Henderson going for 20+ when they have half of Jones' potential.

All I have to say is:

:'(

16m is a steal in my opinion, especially when you see players like Henderson going for 20+ when they have half of Jones' potential.

Helps if player has minimum fee release clause in his contract and the only issue is personal terms ;)

But big coup for the Mancs to pull this one out at the last minute.