Manchester United set to complete £16m deal for Blackburn's Phil Jones

• Thread starter Thread starter leke
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 102
  • Views Views 6K
WayneRooney Wayne Rooney
Phil jones is a good young English player. 1 of the toughest defenders I played against last season. Can play midfield to.

Get in... We managed to sneak right in and get this one. 16 is a good price i think, A bit inflated, but it proves Fergie is willing to spend this window.

WayneRooney Wayne Rooney
Phil jones is a good young English player. 1 of the toughest defenders I played against last season. Can play midfield to.

Wayne Rooney
I don't know if phil jones is signing for us just saying he is a good player that's all. I haven't got a clue if he is signing or not.

haha covering his tracks now incase it doesn't happen.
Will be a great signing for Man Utd and will give them good strength in depth for CB positions

Meh.

Not really bothered about missing out on him tbh. Good player and will probably make the grade at all levels, but not really room for him. Unlike United, we can't fit in 5 CBs on a regular basis over a season consisting of 60 games. I expect Miquel to go on loan, Bartley to be promoted and Wenger to sign an experienced CB as he's suggested he wants.

£16m seems a bit hefty. £10m seems about right but I guess he's English so his value automatically goes up..

Not sure about this actually.

Nothing on United's or Blackburn's sites - nothing to even say they've agreed a fee.
Something's a bit fishy.

Get in... We managed to sneak right in and get this one. 16 is a good price i think, A bit inflated, but it proves Fergie is willing to spend this window.

I'm sure Fergie is always willing to spend, it's just been a matter of can he spend.

Well then...I'm devastated. Hope he enjoys fourth fiddle to Vidic, Ferdinand, Smalling, and have to compete with Evans.

I'm sure Fergie is always willing to spend, it's just been a matter of can he spend.

Do you think this goes some way to prove he can..... First of the keeper now Jones, thats 34million spent with no return.

It is all agreed, The only hitch was the u21 tournament, He wanted to concentrate on that. I tell you, he is as good as ours.

I'ma **** if you's don't get him now.

His interview with SSN didn't look so convincing, it looks like he doesn't see his potential or current ability and seems surprised more than anything. I think he still needs convincing, to move with so much pressure on his shoulders. He could just stick with his boyhood club as number 1 if he so wishes, no shame in him being Atletico Madrid's number 1. So as it stands after seeing that interview, i'm now only about 65% sure the deal will go ahead.

Glad to see this great 19yr old sign, 15m is a great bargain if he reaches full potiential!

would love to see him in defence midfield role, hes suti that role really well. NEW ROY KEANE! :L :L, either way Rafael,Smalling,Jones,Fabio is uniteds future defence, WOW just WOW. im lovin it. Ashley young n de gea to seal deals now and even better.

Would be nice if this was true. Jones is as versatile as O'Shea, but better <)
But until I see him chopping down opposition players, I wont get my hopes up ^^)

Also, Is the Young deal done and dusted? Or the same as this story? Just rumors?

Back