Manchester United- The Edge of Greatness

hey man your story is looking good so far. i like it when you only sign few keep players and invest in youth. makes it more interesting rather than having a team full of superstars

would you be able to do me a favour? could u upload a link to download the tactic your using. I made a wonderful man utd tactic then my laptop motherboard blew up XD and now i that i try to make another one i just cannot get it to work. i keep drawing or losing with man utd!!! loool

hey man your story is looking good so far. i like it when you only sign few keep players and invest in youth. makes it more interesting rather than having a team full of superstars

would you be able to do me a favour? could u upload a link to download the tactic your using. I made a wonderful man utd tactic then my laptop motherboard blew up XD and now i that i try to make another one i just cannot get it to work. i keep drawing or losing with man utd!!! loool

im just using a bog standard 4-4-2
Hamsik as the attacking MF
Fletcher as the defensive MF
Evra support
O Shea defensive
Valencia and Silva both attacking
Berbatov as deep lying forward, ball to feet
Rooney as the forward who picks up the ball from deep, passing run onto ball

Also, I have a problem with my squad screen, instead of just my 1st team showing up, its all my players, reserves and U-18...how do I get rid of that? Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Also, I have a problem with my squad screen, instead of just my 1st team showing up, its all my players, reserves and U-18...how do I get rid of that? Thanks in advance

in your squad screen click where its says "show filters" then it apears little boxes of your first your reserves and your u-18s teams just unticked the ones that you dont want to see ;)

September Results

Premier League

Bolton 1-1 Man United
The first derby game for manager Tommy Hayes. United came straight out of the blocks, and were rewarded with a bizarre OG from Gardner, after a Giggs corner. However, like the Stoke game, United slacked off. It seemed they had done enough for three points, unitil Riga nodded home a messy goal on 95 minutes. Hayes has said that he was dissapointed with his teams lack of concentration
Man United scorer- Gardner O.G
Bolton scorer- Riga
M.O.M- Riga

Champions League
Man United 2-0 Rubin Kazan
A comfortable victory for United, in control for 90 minutes. Should have and could have scored more. Marek Hamsik scored from just inside the box to give United a well earned lead at half time, Wayne Rooney wrapped up the win on 89 minutes with a screamer from the edge of the box. United start off their Champions League campaign in the best possible fashion.
Man United scorers- Hamsik,Rooney
M.O.M- Marek Hamsik

Premier League

Man United 1-1 Arsenal
United were tipped to win this game before kickoff. This was Hayes' first ''big four'' test. Rooney gave united the perfect start inside 4 minutes, after some great work from Antonio Valencia down the right. Arsenal then drove forward in numbers, with Andei Arshavin skinning Patrice Evra on numerous occasions. Arsenals break came through Cesc Fabregas, his delicate free kick from the edge of the box hit the post before going in. Ben Foster was left helpless. The second half was all Arsenal, however, United held on to scrape a point. Hayes has said that Wenger was tactically superior and that Arsenal were unlucky not to grap all three points
Man United scorer- Rooney
Arsenal scorer- Fabregas
M.O.M- Fabregas

League Cup
Chelsea 1-0 Man United
Fielding a much weakened team, Hayes had little to no aspirations of winning here. While Ancelloti deceided to field a full strength starting XI. Iaquinta grabbed the only goal of this suprisingly close encounter. Valencia and Owen both squandered opportunities to draw level, as United tried to hit Chelsea on the break. The holders are out, and Chelsea progress.
Chelsea scorer- Vincenzo Iaquinta
M.O.M- Jonny Evans

Sky Sports Super Sunday

View attachment 15205

brings you

View attachment 15206 vs View attachment 15207

Analysis
United came into this game knowing that defeat would leave them 8 points behind the Blues. The first half was a very drab affair. Hayes has set his team out in a 4-3-3 formation, to cope with the Chelsea midfeild. Berbatov was the lone man up front. The second half had just started when Marek Hamsik found the net for the 5th time this season. United then went defensive and soaked up all the Chelsea pressure, they even could have grabbed one or two more late on. United won this game by the narrowest of margains, a vital victory
Result
Chelsea 0-1 Man United

Man United scorer- Marek Hamsik
M.O.M- Marek Hamsik

Champions League

AZ 0-5 Man United

A sensational performance from United who followed up their vital win over Chelsea with this very impressive defeat of the Dutch champions.
Man United scorers- Hargreaves(p),Fletcher,Berbatov,Rooney(2)
M.O.M- Wayne Rooney

Good luck for the rest of the season. You are doing well so far...

Yeah, nice work mate. Enjoying the match descriptions, I know some people prefer just results and league screenshots, but its nice to see you put that much effort into the story and its great to read it. Come on you Reds! <)

Yeah, nice work mate. Enjoying the match descriptions, I know some people prefer just results and league screenshots, but its nice to see you put that much effort into the story and its great to read it. Come on you Reds! <)

cheers mate
i just thought id give it a go since nobody would want to read another United thread!

also, robbed blind last Sunday

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

i'll update this evening guys, have a maths test then a computers lab:S
also, one quick question.....how do i get those sigs with the team,star player,signings?
sorry for going off topic

but when a went man utd i got £17 mill plus causes for flecter brung in hamsik , tranied carick to be a natural dm and gave hamsik the freedom they played well to gether

but when a went man utd i got £17 mill plus causes for flecter brung in hamsik , tranied carick to be a natural dm and gave hamsik the freedom they played well to gether

I hate carrick though, he is useless.
He never challenges for the ball, Fletcher is a legend

someone please tell me where those sigs are

very good read so far tommy mate well done keep it up bud

LOVING THIS story mate, im a die hard man utd fan and its good to see some one showing us all about their "man u" game. be following this

Good read mate and the things in the sig like I've got are called dynamic sigs. Type it into the search bar

October Results

Premier League

Man United 2-1 Everton
With United needing to gain some ground on the league leaders, victory here was vital. However, suprise Everton signing Rafael Van Der Vaart gave Everton the lead within 12 minutes. A superb strike into top corner. Marek Hamsik then netted the equaliser for United, Hamsik has been in superb form this season. The second half was all United, Dimitar Berbatov scoring the decisive goal.
Man United scorers-Hamsik,Berbatov
Everton scorers-Van Der Vaart
M.O.M-Hamsik

Man United 2-0 West Ham
90 minutes of pure dominance from Man United. With a depleted strikeforce(Rooney and Owen both injured), it was up to Ronaldo to provide goals for his team. It was indeed Ronaldo who struck first, with a powerful penalty. It was late in the 2nd half when United scored their second. Anderson scoring his first ever goal for Man U. Hayes has said he was delighted with Anderson's performance, he followed up by saying he was finally relieved to see his team near the top of the table.
Man United scorers-Ronaldo,Anderson
M.O.M-Anderson

Champions League

Sporting CP 1-2 Man United
Another great result for Hayes' men in Europe. Although Postiga did give Sporting the lead on 38 minutes, this was cancelled out immediately by Berbatovs super strike from 30 yards out. Early in the second half Marek Hamsik scored again to give United one foot in the playoffs.
Man United scorers- Berbatov,Hamsik
Sporting CP scorer-Postiga
M.O.M-Berbatov

Premier League
Man United 3-1 Wigan
Another impressive showing from the campions. All the goals comming in the first half here, with Ronaldo and Berbatov getting on the scoresheet, and a crazy OG by Chris Kirkland. Edman then gave Wigan a glimmer of hope with a penalty after Nemenja Vidic fouled in the box. Hayes' men sit proudly at the top of the league for the first time all season.
Man United scorers-Ronaldo,Berbatov,Kirkland OG
Wigan scorer- Edman
M.O.M- Silva

Aston Villa 3-0 Man United
After a great month for Hayes his lack of firepower up front finally caught up with him. Villa took their only chances of the game, through Richard Dunne,Heskey and Petrov. Hayes' men slip to 5th in the league
Aston Villa scorers- Dunne,Heskey,Petrov
M.O.M- Dunne

very unlucky vs villa, you will improve its early days yet, hamsik seems good and how is valencia has he been good for you?