Manchester United- The Edge of Greatness

Why don't u stick with Rafael? I'm currently managing United too, and Rafael is looking good so far.
FYI, i'm entering the 2nd season.

Buy Nicolas Otamendi too. I bought him for the fee of 3,2m pounds. He's a good back up for Ferdinand and Vidic in case Evans is injured. He's also young, so might be a good investment.

January Results

FA Cup
Northampton 0-4 Man United
The minnows never threathened an upset here. A first half goal from United legend Paul Scholes had Hayes' men up 1-0 at half time. Second half goals from Jonny Evans,Owen Hargreaves and Micheal Owen gave United a comfortable victory. United will now face Port Vale away, 2 weeks from now.
Man United scorers-Scholes,Evans,Hargreaves,Owen
M.O.M-Evans

Premier League
Man United 3-0 Portsmouth
Another very controlled victory from United here, all the goals comming in the first half. An early header from Dimitar Berbatov set the tone. Wayne Rooney completed the coring with two fine efforts on 24 and 45 minutes.
Man United scorers-Berbatov,Rooney(2)
M.O.M-Rooney

Burnley 1-2 Man United
Burnley put up a very good fight here at Turf Moor, Hayes has said that Owen Coyle should be very happy with his team's performance. Another two goals from Wayne Rooney were enough to secure the win. Although not before Paterson grabbed a consolation late in the second half.
Man United scorer-Rooney(2)
Burnley scorer-Paterson
M.O.M-Rooney
*in another result, league leaders Chelsea managed to scrape a win away at Arsenal to maintain their five point lead at the top

FA Cup
Port Vale 1-6 Man United
Port Vale scorer-Lawrie
Man United scorers-Ronaldo(2),Silva,Anderson(2),Fabio
M.O.M-Anderson

Premier League
Live from the Emirates its.....
View attachment 15855 vs View attachment 15856

Wayne Rooney gives United the lead after 27 minutes with a wll worked goal. United have set up in a 4-3-2-1 formation. It seems to be working so far.
Like the game at Old Trafford Arsenal are controlling the second half, Robin Van Persie hasn't had many opportunities though. But, on 74 minutes he strikes a splendid volley past the helpless Van Der Sar, to draw Arsenal level. The full time whistle blows, a point a piece, Unied lose more ground on Chelsea.

M.O.M- Edwin Van Der Sar

Man United 0-0 Bolton:S
No comment,
M.O.M- Jussi Jalskelainen

Man United confirm signing of Christian Zapata from Udinese. The talented yound Right Back has said that he is delighted to be working under Tommy Hayes, and playing for the world's most famous club. Zapata cost Tommy Hayes a pricely £15m
John O Shea has been loaned out to OM for the rest of the season
View attachment 15857

Ok guys, I have plenty of games to put up, so I wont be going into great detail at all. I have the season finished aswell....

Febuary Results
Premier League

Man United 3-1 Chelsea
Hamsik----------Lampard
Rooney(2)
M.O.M-Rooney
View attachment 15975

Everton 0-3 Man United
Rooney(2)
Berbatov
MOM-Rooney

FA Cup
Tottenham 3-1 Man United
Crouch---------Owen
Jenas
Defoe
M.O.M-Jenas

Champions League
Porto 1-0 Man United
Meireles
M.O.M-Meireles

Premier League
Wigan 1-2 Man United
Gomez------Ferdinand
Hargreaves(p)
M.O.M-Ferdinand

Man United 4-0 Aston Villa
Rooney(3)
Berbatov
M.O.M-Rooney

*Chelsea 1-2 Sunderland

March Results

Champions League
Man United 3-1 Porto
Hamsik------------------Periera
Rooney------------------MOM-Periera
Berbatov

Premier League
West Ham 0-1 Man United
Ferdinand
M.O.M-Ferdinand

Man United 2-1 Sunderland
Hargreaves--------Nani
Berbatov---------M.O.M-Nani

Wolves 0-1 Man United
M.O.M-Hennesy---Rooney

*Tottenham 1-2 Chelsea

Champions League
Wolfsburg 2-2 Man United
Martins--------Hargreaves(p)
Grafite(p) ------Rooney
M.O.M-Martins

Come on you Reds! Great fightback against Porto, and its always ace to get a win over the Rentboys (H)

Look forward to further updates.

April Results
*I will also be posting the results of Chelsea's biggest games too

Premier League
Man United 3-0 Fulham *Chelsea 2-0 Man City
Vidic
Rooney(2)
M.O.M-Rooney

Champions League
Man United 3-1 Wolfsburg
Madlung OG---------Martins
Berbatov(2)
M.O.M-Berbatov

*Drew Lyon in semis

Premier League
Man United 2-1 Blackburn *Chelsea 2-0 Fulham
Rooney----------Ewerton
Berbatov---------Robinson MOM

Tottenham 0-2 Man United *Liverpool 1-1 Chelsea
Hamsik
Berbatov
MOM-Van Der Sar

View attachment 15977

Champions League
OL 0-3 Man United
Rooney
Bodmer OG
Berbatov
MOM-Berbatov

Premier League
Liverpool 2-1 Man United
Torres..28min---------Rooney..16min *Birmingham 1-0 Chelsea
Gerrard..89min
MOM-Gerrard

Champions League
Man United 0-1 OL
Bodmer
M.O.M-Bodmer

*Barcelona in final of Champions League

May Results

With their slip up at Liverpool, United stood 1 point behind Chelsea comming into the final two gams of the season.Man United first had to host their rivals Man City, then a trip to relegated Birmingham on the final day. Chelsea host Hull City and they travel to Stoke on the last game of the season.....

Premier League
Man United 4-1 Man City
Hargreaves(2) ------ Tevez
Lescott OG
Berbatov
M.O.M-Hargreaves

Chelsea 2-0 Hull City

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Final Day of the season...

Birmingham 0-4 Man United
Fletcher
Hamsik(2)
Ferdinand
M.O.M- Hamsik

Stoke City 0-3 Chelsea
View attachment 15979

Last edited:
Here's how the league finished up....
View attachment 15989

And here's the CL team of the season
View attachment 15990

If you have any questions about any of the games feel free to ask. I apologise again about the lack of detail, but I have loads of college work to catch up on. Thanks to everyone who commented and followed, better luck next year eh? If I'm still in the job

hey any chance of you posting you formation screenshots? unlucky finish to the season mate

hey any chance of you posting you formation screenshots? unlucky finish to the season mate

Ya sure i'll do that later mate, just a standard 4-4-2

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cameroon have won the World Cup, beating Argentina 2-1 in the final. England finished 3rd, Rooney got injured and all his attributes went down.
Quick question?
How do I select which coach gives me the backroom advise, I seem to be getting conflicting tips?
Also, I was offered £35m for Evra and I refused?
Finally, Im sorry but I cant find the coach formula.....thanks in advance

updates tonight

August Updates
Tommy Hayes starts his second season as Man United boss at home to rivals Bolton. He will be hoping for an improvement on last year's effort.

Transfers(so far)
Out
Vaclev Kadlec loaned to Barcelona, loan to buy £4.1m

Here's the League Table at the start of the season, you may be shocked to see who is in, and who's not....
View attachment 16069

What should I do? Any ideas for a replacement?
View attachment 16071

Some guy asked for my formation and stuff...
View attachment 16070

What a team.....
View attachment 16072

well done mate, unlucky about not winning league or champ lge just wonderin what your player/team intructions please ??

mate i lover this story,unlucky on 1st season but u got to final champs league and pushed chelsea all way, how do u get player pics i want em but cnt do it lol

id maybe accept for evra vargas is a very suitable replacement at right back

I applaud your story about the mancs lol
But its a great layout love the detail and good first season CL final was a good return
ALSO cash in on evra and sign Aly Cissohko from Lyon he is a younger taller evra. Also take a look at Toni Kroos you might be interested in signing him