Manchester United- The Edge of Greatness

Mate, last Sunday was an absolute weston. Still, despite the result its promising that we came away from Stamford Bridge with the much better performance. Just need to start hitting the back of the net now.

Nice results so far man, bad luck against Villa - on Footy Man, I always found they were a bogey team for me (despite United hammering them everytime in RL!XD) and there's no shame that you lost to them, especially at Villa Park.

I decided I'd do a story for Spurs, first time I've ever done anything like that so I'm sure it'll be full of noobish mistakes and beginner's enthusiasm, if you fancy checking it out. Not that I'm shamelessly advertising on your thread <)

ill check it out mate, i love stories because they help me in the future, spurs will be good too, try to get top 4 in first season

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

dynamic sig?

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

wat the hells a dynamic sig

oh mate, did you put the ids in? if so then you click update sig and then copy the WHOLE url into the edit signature box, then save the changes, if you dont have the ids then you go to
options
preferences
display and sound
show unique ids

umm mate i dont see ur sig u must have done something wrong

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

ok to get back off topic unfortunately you need to type in all the ids for the league the team and all the players, then it comes up with a url in a grey box, u copy and paste that into your edit signature box

umm mate i dont see ur sig u must have done something wrong

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

ok to get back off topic unfortunately you need to type in all the ids for the league the team and all the players, then it comes up with a url in a grey box, u copy and paste that into your edit signature box

ya i did, says invalid file. my apologies for the off topicing

lol dont worry, its not like were talking **** im helping you kind of

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

ill make it for you what do you want filled in mate

lol dont worry, its not like were talking **** im helping you kind of

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

ill make it for you what do you want filled in mate

Currently managing Manchester United
5th in EPL
Top scorer Rooney-10
Big signing David Silva- £29m
Highest average rating- Marek Hamisk 7.80
Most assists- Antonio Valencia-5

thanks a million, above and beyond the call of duty

I will have some updates tonight, cant sleep

ok ill do that now before i go to bed

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

how many games played by the way, thats league only by the way

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

Here you go copy and paste that into your edit signature

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

ok it doesnt work i just got a pm from someone, i have the code but if i post it then the signature gets made which is well annoying, i dont know what to do

November Results

Champions League
Man United 1-1 Sporting CP
Last years runners up knew that a point would send them through to the knockout phase, so Hayes fielded a weakened team. Wayne Rooney was in the stands too, officials say he will be back for the home tie against Wolves. To the shock of Old Trafford, Djalo gave Sporting the lead after some poor United defending. Berbatov the cancelled out that goal with a close range header on 14 minutes.
Man United scorer- Berbatov
Sporting CP scorer- Djalo
M.O.M-Polga

Premier League
Sunderland 0-2 Man United
An impressive performance from the champions. United's two goals both came from penalties, the first slotted home by Ronaldo then late on by Hamsik, after Gordon saved the initial effort.
Man United scorers-Ronaldo,Hamsik
M.O.M- Rio Ferdinand

Man United 0-0 Wolves
Wayne Rooney's return wasnt enough
View attachment 15403

Rio named M.O.M.....no other comments

Champions League
Rubin Kazan 2-3 Man United
Hayes chose a much weaker defence here, and it showed. Fabio, the young Brazilian right-back was at fault for the first two goals of the game. Which came through Bukharov and Dominguez respectively. Berbatov netted jsut before the break with a cheeky lob over the keeper. The second half was a steller performance from the Reds, Hamsik scoring a penalty then Rooney hitting a 25 yard drive home just 3 minutes later. Hayes will be worried about the shaky defending though....

Premier League
Blackburn R 0-2 Man United
A very efficient performance here from Hayes' men. His tactics were spot on. Berbatov and Hamsik again on the scoresheet in the opening 10 minutes, it could and should have been much much more.

• Drew Northampton away in FA Cup
  • Liverpool did not reach the last 16 of Champions League

Here's how things look in the league....
View attachment 15404

And Liverpool..a strange sense of inevitability no?
View attachment 15405

December Results

A very busy month for Hayes' troops, 8 games in 4 weeks, including home games against Spurs and Liverpool and a tricky away tie to Man City

Premier League
Man United 2-0 Tottenham
A very controlled win from United here,as Spurs rarely threatened the goal. The match was still young when Wayne Rooney popped up to score a fine header within 5 minutes of the start. It was late on however when United sealed victory with ex-Tottenham start Dimitar Berbatov scoring a close range goal. Results elsewhere meant United moved upto 2nd in the league
Man United scorers-Rooney,Berbatov
M.O.M- Rooney
View attachment 15478
View attachment 15477
View attachment 15476

Champions League
Man United 3-1 AZ
Having already won their group, hayes decieded to field a much weakened starting XI, giving Ronaldo and Owen the chanve to show their worth. El Hamadoui gave AZ the schock lead after just 5 minutes. Jonny Evans equalised with a fantastic volley from a Giggs corner. Ronaldo had United up 2-1 just 10 minutes later. Owen then sealed victory late on with a lovely curling effort.
Man United scorers-Evans,Ronaldo,Owen
AZ scorer-El Hamadoui
M.O.M-Evans

Premier League
Fulham 2-4 Man United
A fantastic tactical setup is how United ground out their win here, Hayes deceiding to play a narrow 4-3-1-2 formation. After just 30 minutes United were up 3-0 through Ferdinand,Hamsik and Berbatov. United old-boy Erik Nevland gave Fulham a glimmer of hope on 54 minutes but David Silva secured the win with a superb strike 15 minutes later, his first goal this season. Brede Hangeland popped up on 72 minutes to score a consolation.
Man United scorers-Ferdinand,Hamsik,Berbatov,Silva
Fulham scorers-Nevland,Hangeland
M.O.M-Silva(1 goal,3 assists)

Man United 3-0 Birmingham
A very easy game here,Birmingham were just not able to cope with United. Two early goals from Rooney and Ronaldo, added to again by Rooney on 75 minutes enough to grab all 3 points.
Man United scorers-Rooney(2),Ronaldo
M.O.M-Rooney

View attachment 15482

Brings you, live from Old Trafford...

View attachment 15483 vs View attachment 15484

Tommy Hayes has stated that he will always consider Liverpool to be the biggest game of the year. ''They are our biggest rivals, there is nothing sweeter than beating your rivals'' he said.
Match Analysis
Everyone was expecting a tight affair here, nothing could have been further from the truth. Tacticaly Liverpool and Rafa Benitez were outclassed. Wayne Rooney's exceptional performance was rewarded with two outstanding strikes from the Liverpool born man, one just before half time, and the other late on, when Liverpool were chasing the game
Result:
Man United 2-0 Liverpool
Rooney 36,90
M.O.M-Rooney

View attachment 15485 View attachment 15483
The Manchester Derby
Manchester City 2-4 Manchester Unied
Tevez(7 & 33)-----Ferdinand(5)
----------------------Rooney(9)
-----------------Hamsik(21)
-------------------------------Berbatov(84)
M.O.M- Carlos Tevez

Man United 2-0 Hull City
A very tired United team mustered up just enough to see off the challenge of Hull City here. Hayes has praised his team's fitness and stamina. The opener came from inform Wayne Rooney while Berabtov added the next just after the break.
Man United scorers-Rooney,Berbatov
M.O.M-Rooney

Stoke 1-1 Man United
Stoke took full advantage of a very weak United team here. It was Dave Kitson who grave Stoke the lead after 30 minutes following a long throw by Rory Delap. Darren Fletcher equalised late on for United to the delight of their manager Tommy Hayes.
Man United scorer- Fletcher
Stoke scorer-Kitson
M.O.M-Fletcher

good story mate very nice set up, your updates are good length mine always end up too long :(

yeah though i love your story deano i do start to skim read about half way down, love how you do the live thing, im gonna do them in big games with bolton

will have some more updates later tonight guys
might consider getting a new RB.....Zapata seems to be the man, quite expensive though. Any ideas?

Zapata would be worth the money though, well, he was immense on fm 09!

ya I pretty much signed him for every team in 09
But it was for £12m at most, their looking for £19m now
Might offload Brown or O Shea or something