• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 281
  • Views Views 12K
My Views
Very biased refereeing towards the hosts
Poor display from : Mascherano, Agger, Gerrard and Lucas
Luck wasn't with us
Great initial save by Reina from the penalty
Penalty very debatable, Valencia only dived when he saw he was in the box after the initial contact had passed, but I blame Mascherano for taking the risk Valencia would have probably missed anyway
Benitez made the right subs but too slow
Johnson didn't push on enough
Kuyt and Agger both wasted a lot of balls
Lucas delayed the play too much
Only positive is that its over!

The Race for 4th is still on but we just made our task a **** of a lot harder, hopefully Fulham can do us a favour.

Percentage of factors that affected the game:

50% Howard Webb
35% Fernando Torres' poor performance
10% Park Ji-Sung
5% Rafa Benitez bringing on Babel,Benayoun and Aquilani too late

Everyone can say Liverpool miss Xabi Alonso but judging on their season I think they miss Sami Hyypia more

Just to make it worse for Liverpool it's Fulham 0-2 Man City.

My Views
Ref was quite bad, 2 decisions bad.
Mascherano and Agger were poor
Torres was very poor
Benitez made wrong decisions
Agger blasted the ball to nowhere
Positive is we didn't get thrashed and we have better aggregate.
We will not cope in the Champions League (if we get into it) with that performance.

Everyone can say Liverpool miss Xabi Alonso but judging on their season I think they miss Sami Hyypia more

Too too right Roonaldo.Hyypia would of shut us up quite a bit.Rooney would have had a worse match had Hyypia stayed with the Reds.

I think we miss Steven Gerrard more,
Also, Hyypia was only a squad player,but we now have no height :@

Too too right Roonaldo.Hyypia would of shut us up quite a bit.Rooney would have had a worse match had Hyypia stayed with the Reds.
Hyypia stopped crosses,he wasn't the best at stopping players

liverpool were poor in that second half man utd deserved that win

Can anyone tell me what good thing Maxi Rodriguez has done? He's a shadow of his former self

Torres = Misses of the season? Thought we were going to draw then.Came off with a huge amount of luck there and have now won the game.

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

But we beat you today,so :P
So no Champions League:P

Always thought that the Maxi deal is a dodgy one. I mean, he can hardly get a game in Athletico before going to Liverpool!

And as I expected, Gerrard is phenomenal today <3

Torres was not Poor as some people have claimed he played like a normal striker today. I apologise on his behalf, he can't be superman all the time. Rooney got lucky with his goal and held up the ball ok, but no one will say he was poor because he was on the winning team. I am also sure you would say Torres played well if he had converted his late chance.

Everyones blaming mascherano.
but wtf was insua doing at left back!? heading it straight to Valencia,
agger just let him run on by! :/

liverpool would be a much better team if they brought in a few better defenders

Concentrate on your own club and don't judge players by one appearance.Maxi's been a decent player.

I understand what you mean but I watched a lot of Spanish football and he used to take more shots and take players on more. He scored a lot of goals and him, Forlan and Aguero were lethal.

Insua's not good enough,he's too unpredictable,and also cannot attack or cross it well either.

I understand what you mean but I watched a lot of Spanish football and he used to take more shots and take players on more. He scored a lot of goals and him, Forlan and Aguero were lethal.
Well,Benitez ruins players...that's his game

According to what former players had said (be it bitter or not), it seems that Liverpool's players aren't given much freedom to do what they want on the pitch. That should be the reason IMO.

Back