Manchester United v Liverpool

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 281
  • Views Views 12K
Ooh, I think Webb may regret a couple of things. Torres should have equalised, but I didn't see any other Liverpool players score. I think a draw would have been a fairer result, but that sums up Liverpool's season I'm afraid. Well done Rooney and especially Park.

yeah liverpool have got a good enough attack to do well in the league they proved that last season so maybe now rafa if his still at liverpool in the next window should start looking at some defenders instead of wingers and cms which he usually buys
That's because we sold Alonso so we brought in a replacement. Anyway, we looked at a defender: Kyriagos.
Tired and poor performance. Torres should still have equalised heh.

Shocking decision by Webb for the penalty (just got in and watched the replay - it was outside the box grrr). Amazing that as **** as we were today the Mancs could only just shade it.

More beer needed. We might need to win this Europa League malarkey to qualify for Europe next season. Might get rid of the owners though so it's not all bad news.
1. Yep I agree
2. We had to expect that from Webb

Ooh, I think Webb may regret a couple of things. Torres should have equalised, but I didn't see any other Liverpool players score. I think a draw would have been a fairer result, but that sums up Liverpool's season I'm afraid. Well done Rooney and especially Park.
Yeah, bad luck, bad performances, scraping wins.

Howard Webb was quality for United today his decision making is brilliant, he always wins pens for them.

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

Well done United said:
******* joke.

I have to say that it gives us a huge advantage because their midfield is just as weak as ours in supplying passes to the frontmen.They don't have a real playmaker,other than Gerrard.We have Nani and Valencia,who can dart down the wings and cross.That's beneficial to us.

You really don't rate our midfield do you.:P

Mascherano is not dirty,he's passionate! He works and works and all Liverpool fans should love him and hope he;s on EVERY team sheet.He's fantastic! He's a DM, and Scholes is a CM,if they both played the same amount of games, Scholes would have SO many more than him,and he's not a DM

He is dirty, he has the worst disciplinary record in the league.XD

:D Great result today.

Saying the ref was the biggest factor today is ****. Liverpool were rubbish and didn't deserve anything from the match.:S They had two shots on target all game.:$

Liverpool were dire and United were just about good enough to win it. I don't see how Liverpool fans are complaining?

Sometimes you gotta love Webb, sometimes you gotta hate him. Today I loved him and I loved for the first time in my life Man Utd. :3
COYS! :D

Liverpool had an opportunity to beat Man Utd today and they didnt take it. For me they had no one in that sort of distributor role ala Alonso, this meant that their attacks were too slow and Utd were able to cover it.

Liverpool did not deserve nothing, go and look at the match stats even, so many people need excuses its wild.

14184289.png

Liverpool did not deserve nothing, go and look at the match stats even, so many people need excuses its wild.

No excuses. We were poor but you lot needed Webb to bail you out with a pen at 1-0 down for a foul committed outside the box which changed the match.

Have a listen to Mike Phelan about the penalty - everyone it knew it wasn't, and everyone knew why it was given. No more needs to be said.

edit: for anyone still not sure, the law is that it's point of contact. The linesman flagged for a freekick btw. Webb, who if unsure should have checked, didn't want to speak to him though. Odd that. Funniest, was late on Rooney running the ball out of play and slipping. Gets up and holds his hand up to acknowledge it was his mistake and then starts laughing when he realises that Webb has given him a freekick for not being able to control the ball. England's best referee that was today apparantly.

Last edited:
It was very debatable yes but United were the better team in my opinion. I still have the feeling Arsenal will win the title.

I think the penalty decision was wrong but i don't think it was a bad mistake.

At full speed it looked definetly in the box. When i first saw it it didn't even cross my mind it might have been outside the box.:S

No excuses. We were poor but you lot needed Webb to bail you out with a pen at 1-0 down for a foul committed outside the box which changed the match.

Have a listen to Mike Phelan about the penalty - everyone it knew it wasn't, and everyone knew why it was given. No more needs to be said.

edit: for anyone still not sure, the law is that it's point of contact. The linesman flagged for a freekick btw. Webb, who if unsure should have checked, didn't want to speak to him though. Odd that. Funniest, was late on Rooney running the ball out of play and slipping. Gets up and holds his hand up to acknowledge it was his mistake and then starts laughing when he realises that Webb has given him a freekick for not being able to control the ball. England's best referee that was today apparantly.
Best referee for best team :P
Hope that Webb will be referee vs Chelsea

Last edited:

If the shirt pulling/holding starts outside of the area but then persists inside the area then the Referee is supposed to award the Penalty. But in this case the holding stopped quite a bit outside of the area.

The Rooney incident was just embarrassing really. I've not seen a replay but it also looked like a pretty clear kick-out at Kuyt from Fletcher.

From where I was sitting I didn't even consider it being outside the box, I only saw it the once at full speed and have not seen it again. To be fair to Webb it was a hard decision and certainly from my seat looked a penalty. Can't even remember the Rooney incident so can't comment.

If it had been the other way, I think the forum would have been down, due to the amount of United fans calling for Webb's head.

If it had been the other way, I think the forum would have been down, due to the amount of United fans calling for Webb's head.
Don't talk **** frankie.:S

If you haven't noticed it's not as if the liverpool fans haven't mentioned this incident.:P

If the shirt pulling/holding starts outside of the area but then persists inside the area then the Referee is supposed to award the Penalty. But in this case the holding stopped quite a bit outside of the area.

The Rooney incident was just embarrassing really. I've not seen a replay but it also looked like a pretty clear kick-out at Kuyt from Fletcher.

Missed the Fletcher kick-out (coin hit lad next to me), knew something had made Dirk very, very cross though and that it must have been bad to do that.

I haven't seen the game so I can't really comment on it, but I expect United deserved it, they are a good team.

Great win for us in my opinion, saw the goals earlier but that was all that was shown so can't comment on any of the incidents. All I will say is great win for us, and the Chelsea draw has made this an almost perfect weekend for us.

After reading all of the Liverpool fan's comments on the penalty, i think i shall give my own biassed view too. Valencia was running into the box with his arm being held back, as he got in the box, his arm was pulled across his back.. meaning he'd fall off balance, tbh i'd give a million quid to anyone who can run with their right arm being pulled behind them to the left whilst trying to control a ball.. it was in the area and it certainly was NOT a dive.

Also.. Torres kicking the penalty spot and going in strong on park.. if that were Vidic or Rooney, they'd have been sent off. Torres was a stroppy little girl today and Gerrard was completely non existant.

Back