Manchester United v Tottenham Hotspur | KO 20:00 | Sky Sports 1

MUFC XI: De Gea, Smalling, Jones, Evans, Evra (c), Nani, Anderson, Cleverley, Young, Rooney, Welbeck.
Subs - Lindegaard, Fabio, Carrick, Park, Giggs, Berbatov, Hernandez

SPURS XI: Friedel, Walker, Dawson (c), Kaboul, Assou-Ekotto, Lennon, Livermore, Kranjcar, Bale, Van der Vaart, Defoe.
Subs - Gomes, Corluka, Bassong, Huddlestone, Townsend, Jenas, Pavlyuchenko.

Last edited:
:wub: Gary Neville

Best pundit ever!

I hope we can pull up a good result with the confidence given from the match with Hearts.
I'd say 0-1, Kranjcar scoring.
I cannot wait the match, as me and my mate will have a tight clash of our favorite teams. :D

Bit biased/optimistic, aren't you? ;)

I think 3-1 to United would be a fair prediction, but Spurs to have chances but not to put them away. A tight game, but United's home fans should help them get a solid win against Tottenham. Spurs have to yet to sign that 'big name top striker' everyone's talking about, so I don't expect them to score loads.

Rafael Van der Vaart and Ashley Young are the key players for me - both have a lot of talent and are finding their feet (VDV scored against Hearts and generally did well and Young looks very dangerous for United with his crossing/cutting inside). It will be up to Smalling/Jones to stop Van Der Vaart, and if they do, I think United should be able to win the game. Young will be up against Corluka, I think, and he could be stopped if the Croatian performs the best he can.

Defoe to score a poachers goal after a defensive mess-up (though I think they will be rare in the game) and Rooney (x2) and Nani to net for United. David De Gea is being jeered by the fans, but I personally think he will be a success at Old Trafford with many fans patient and under a fantastic manager (and if I'm right Van Der Sar has accepted a coaching role at OT?). I see him doing quite well in the game, making a few routine/solid saves but not being able to stop Defoe scoring.

Another talking point of the match is Modric - will he play, and if he does, will he play well? Personally, I think he stay at Spurs this summer (at least) but I doubt he will play well today, if at all. Redknapp said that Modric's "head wasn't right" and that he wouldn't be playing against United. But it could be mind games, I guess, although Redknapp is a very honest - and somewhat - blunt person. So, I personally think he won't play, but if he does he'll disappoint.

Looking forward to this game, in my opinion it's the second 'big game' of the season, after Saturday's Liverpool - Arsenal match (that we won ;)) and I'm probably going to watch it although it is bored on a crappy stream and playing Fifa does seem tempting...

Spurs- Friedel; Walker, Dawson, Kaboul, Assou-Ekotto; Lennon, Kranjcar, Livermore, Bale; Van der Vaart; Defoe.

subs - Gomes, Bassong, Corluka, Huddlestone, Jenas, Townsend, Pavlyuchenko.

Hmm... I placed bet on "both going to score". Sorry DDG, no clean sheet for you tonight.

I agree, he's impact player for now. Berbatov is a lot better.

Last edited:
Whats wrong with Welbeck? Played well against City and in preseasson. He is United type of player. Quick, links up well and very very hard working player.

Think he is a good player just not good enough to start, think Berbatov is 3 times the players of him at least.

Think we can boss this midfield tonight. Their central midfielders have played together once vs Hearts. Kranjcar isn't naturally a CM and this is a MASSIVE ask for his Premier League debut.

Anderson will bo ss this game in my opinion. Very surprised Huddlestone isn't starting to try and nullify Rooney dropping deep. Can see us winning this fairly comfortably now. Smalling vs Bale is going to be the key battle without doubt in my opinion.

Also, would have preferred Berbatov to Welbeck. Old Trafford was his fortress last year and Welbeck hasn't been too impressive so far. Think Berba should have started.

Last edited:
Think we can boss this midfield tonight. Their central midfielders have played together once vs Hearts. Kranjcar isn't naturally a CM and this is a MASSIVE ask for his Premier League debut.

Anderson will bo ss this game in my opinion. Very surprised Huddlestone isn't starting to try and nullify Rooney dropping deep. Can see us winning this fairly comfortably now. Smalling vs Bale is going to be the key battle without doubt in my opinion.
Huh ? Are you sure ?
Welbeck is solid, but still very raw. He needs more time. I would prefer Berbatov over him. I would even prefer Macheda over Welbeck.

Think he is a good player just not good enough to start, think Berbatov is 3 times the players of him at least.

I dont know how Berbatov is thrice as good as Welbeck. Well he maynot be good enough now, but if you dont play him he will never be good enough..

Just read the article I posted in ManUtd thread, what our former youth coach (one of the main reason for why our academy was so good) had to say about Welbeck and Cleverley..

lol DMF, Kranjcar has played plenty of games in the PL as you should already know

I dont know how Berbatov is thrice as good as Welbeck. Well he maynot be good enough now, but if you dont play him he will never be good enough..

Just read the article I posted in ManUtd thread, what our former youth coach (one of the main reason for why our academy was so good) had to say about Welbeck and Cleverley..

Sure you have to play him for him to get good. However, that doesn't mean he couldn't have preferred Berbatov (who I think is the better player by far) to play over him.

i think he means livermore...

edit: i hate you sunilvk

Sure you have to play him for him to get good. However, that doesn't mean he couldn't have preferred Berbatov (who I think is the better player by far) to play over him.

So how will Welbeck get games?

So how will Welbeck get games?

Huh? He has got games, and I wasn't saying he shouldn't get games. He's played both mates so far this season and is now playing the third, Berbatov having played none.

Huh? He has got games, and I wasn't saying he shouldn't get games.

Then what was your point?

He could have preferred Berbatov but he didn't as he wanted to play Welbeck.

How can Welbeck can get games without dropping Berbatov.?