Manchester United v Tottenham Hotspur | KO 20:00 | Sky Sports 1

Lennon and his screw up of the cutback to RVDV was shocking.

The worst indecisiveness I have witnessed for a while, if he lays that back it's 1-0 to Spurs with Rafa's left peg and no defensive pressure.

Nothing Van Der Vaart can do when he has Defoe to work with, Defoe can't gather passes well and hasn't got the same pace he had 2 years ago. Spurs will go nowhere until they buy a clinical striker, not Adebayor, for Rafa to work off.

Who was the MoM guys had to take my gf back so I missed it

Corrr! Take ya pick: Corluka, Defoe, Lennon, Bale :(

In all seriousness Friedel saved everything possible to save, I like him. But Welbeck got it

and was fridel worth it. LOL ?

He had a good game actually.

Anyway, no real surprise. Admittedly I predicted a 3-1 loss, and it would have been correct had Lennon found VDV with the cutback.

All the focus seemed to be on United's injuries going into this game, but we had 9 missing players ourselves.

I hate to say this, but, United look scarily good.

United look amazing. I enjoy watching them play way more than Arsenal, even though I support the Gunners :) Really good performance, especially with the younger players. Welbeck (Y)

He had a good game actually.

Anyway, no real surprise. Admittedly I predicted a 3-1 loss, and it would have been correct had Lennon found VDV with the cutback.

All the focus seemed to be on United's injuries going into this game, but we had 9 missing players ourselves.

Yes but they're without Vidic, Ferdinand and Valencia we were without who? Jenas, Crouch and Pienaar barely first team players. I have no hope for spurs unless they do 2 things: Change this **** 4-4-1-1 formation. 2. Spend some money, Adebayor plus a new CB, CM, ML and a Striker. I say this cos it's clear that Bale has been overhyped, plus I expect Modric to leave

Yes but they're without Vidic, Ferdinand and Valencia we were without who? Jenas, Crouch and Pienaar barely first team players. I have no hope for spurs unless they do 2 things: Change this **** 4-4-1-1 formation. 2. Spend some money, Adebayor plus a new CB, CM, ML and a Striker. I say this cos it's clear that Bale has been overhyped, plus I expect Modric to leave

Bale maybe overhyped, but definitely not to the point where you could find an affordable left winger to actually come take his place.

Bale had nothing to do in this match, really. Smalling was classy. Maybe someone tell me why the heck Redknapp used Livermore and Walker in starting 11. They were invisible, worst players on the field, to be honest.
But, we could get something if Defoe was ******* passing the ball unlike dribbling and sending a poor shot.

I'm the first to say Bale got over hyped last season but tonight he did alright...

Put in a couple of dangerous crosses (No one on the end of them).

Every time he ran at Smalling/Jones he looked dangerous, remember one dribble where Jones almost gave away a penalty when he got beat to the ball by Bale.

Wouldn't be so harsh on Bale I think he was fine, Lennon is the one I would be seething about as a Spurs fan.

Bale maybe overhyped, but definitely not to the point where you could find an affordable left winger to actually come take his place.

Not what I said, I don't want him replaced but I don't want us relying on him cos he won't provide often enough, so I want a LM we could fall back on like Man United do with Park or Giggs.

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

I'm the first to say Bale got over hyped last season but tonight he did alright...

Put in a couple of dangerous crosses (No one on the end of them).

Every time he ran at Smalling/Jones he looked dangerous, remember one dribble where Jones almost gave away a penalty when he got beat to the ball by Bale.

Wouldn't be so harsh on Bale I think he was fine, Lennon is the one I would be seething about as a Spurs fan.

Lennon was also quiet but he IMO often does better than Bale, they were both quite ineffectual today tho

Bale had nothing to do in this match, really. Smalling was classy. Maybe someone tell me why the heck Redknapp used Livermore and Walker in starting 11. They were invisible, worst players on the field, to be honest.
But, we could get something if Defoe was ******* passing the ball unlike dribbling and sending a poor shot.

Livermore was very good until he tired, and Walker played well till he wasill at half time. Bale needs tolearn from what Gigg's did,stop running with the ball from deep to beat the man, rather,l ay off the ball from deep and move up field off the ball and pick it back up in the final third