Manchester United vs Liverpool (19/9/10)

Who'll win on Sunday?

• Manchester United

Votes: 64 62.1%
  • Liverpool FC

Votes: 29 28.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 10 9.7%

• Total voters
yer i agree pool need a big tall striker to take the rough hard challenges for Torres. Put him up front with Drogba for instance most defenders will try and get into Drogba and that will leave Torres free. Thats why i thought it would have been a good move if they got Carlton Cole.
or give him a creative battleaxe behind him in rooney. thing is torres is tough, but there is only so many bad ankle biting challenges you can take in your career before it gets to you. the only reason rooney doesnt get them is because he'd go straight after the offender and smash him right back

Another outstanding performance from Cole, almost making his Arsenal performance seem impressive.

Was a good job Liverpool have been man-marking corners and putting people on posts as well. If we were marking zonally we would of conceded by now.

Disappointing so far. We've been passing better than previously, which is one positive we can take from it, but I think Hodgson needs to swap Meireles and Gerrard, and make Gerrard the attacking mid, he is more used to linking up with Torres. And 2 chances near the end of the half were ruined by Poulsen and Konchesky with dodgy crosses that went miles out.

I think Poulsen is a waste of space from what I've seen. He's past his best, and hasn't looked as good as Lucas when he plays.

or give him a creative battleaxe behind him in rooney. thing is torres is tough, but there is only so many bad ankle biting challenges you can take in your career before it gets to you. the only reason rooney doesnt get them is because he'd go straight after the offender and smash him right back

I remember reading an interview with Torres last season where he mentioned all of the kicking and knocks his ankles take and said for his own sake he wouldn't be playing in England for to long.

thats exacly it someone who can take all the rough tackles for Torres so he is left free. He is quickly becoming the new Michael Owen unfortunatly.

Disappointing so far. We've been passing better than previously, which is one positive we can take from it, but I think Hodgson needs to swap Meireles and Gerrard, and make Gerrard the attacking mid, he is more used to linking up with Torres. And 2 chances near the end of the half were ruined by Poulsen and Konchesky with dodgy crosses that went miles out.

I think Poulsen is a waste of space from what I've seen. He's past his best, and hasn't looked as good as Lucas when he plays.
Poulsen? He's been one of our best today, hasn't put a pass wrong, and had a few good tackles. We can't afford a 'Mascherano', accept it:'(

I remember reading an interview with Torres last season where he mentioned all of the kicking and knocks his ankles take and said for his own sake he wouldn't be playing in England for to long.

The sad thing is, that at the moment, I probably wouldn't mind seeing the back of Torres for 30mil or so, if we bought another class striker, because, I think I'd prefer to see N'Gog playing than Torres right now, he's the man in form.

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

Poulsen? He's been one of our best today, hasn't put a pass wrong, and had a few good tackles. We can't afford a 'Mascherano', accept it:'(

I agree, but we've also not seen anything spectacular from him yet either. I'll reserve judgement for the time being, I'm off to watch more humiliation :'(

doesnt suprise me at all. his style was built to dominate the prem imo, so people responded by just kicking him out the game. and we wonder why the best talents tend not to come to england

Cole needs to come off. Giving the ball away in decent opportunites, he's not worth the wage w'ere paying him so far.

It's getting harder to keep up my dislike of Berbatov...

Bye bye Torres, Reina. Maxi your ******* useless, Roy i hope you like p45s because your not going to be here come Jan and im looking forward to Championship football next year. Great goal by Berbatov.

Back