Manchester United vs Manchester City - 12/2/11

smalling is england captain on my 2022 save lol.The lad looks up there to be really great one day.

Well I was banned for this match so here's my take on the game.

Very exciting game throughout most as both sides looked like they could make anything happen at any time. City were expansive and kept possession well but struggled to break us down apart from on the odd occasion where Silva/Tevez managed to break through, but they didn't take their chances well enough.

We were very good defensively yesterday. Vidic was immense as always and is justifying why everyone is calling him the best defender in World Football right now, but Smalling in my opinion was just as good yesterday and really stifled Tevez. When Dzeko came on, he showed why they signed him and really set the tone for City's other attacks. He caused us problems and tbf their goal was deserved, despite how lucky it was when it did come about.

Rooney's goal was one of the best I've ever seen, and I did call it the best goal of the century, but I later retracted that, but for me it's by far the goal of the season, without question.

All in all it was an excellent game, which is what we were expecting from a derby of this magnitude - and hopefully it means we'll continue our form and win the title. Great 3 points, and I feel the title race is between us and Arsenal now.

UNITED TILL I DIE!

Finally got to see Rooneys goal (thanks to severe birthday hangover), and all i can say is wow. incredible goal.

Sadly not but i did find the picture sunlivk posted under the caption: for anyone who missed rooneys bow at the city fans.

Take it from me, I was stood in the east stand. Rooney was bowing at the city fans who'd been giving him abuse all game long.

xQh6B.png

Last edited:
He was bowing at the man city fans to **** them off. XD

City fans wearing United kits and carrying LUHG scarves?

City fans wearing United kits and carrying LUHG scarves?
No. Why would a city fan be wearing a united kit and carrying LUHG scarves?
He's bowing towards the south east corner of the ground which is where the away fans sit. You can't see them because of the angle the photo was taken.

Exactly.

19-11-08 said:
He's bowing towards the south east corner of the ground which is where the away fans sit. You can't see them because of the angle the photo was taken.

Got a better photo?

He was bowing to say thank you to the supporters for their support during some difficult months for him.

Exactly.

Got a better photo?
Sadly not but i did find the picture sunlivk posted under the caption: for anyone who missed rooneys bow at the city fans.

Take it from me, I was stood in the east stand. Rooney was bowing at the city fans who'd been giving him abuse all game long.

Edited mate. Thanks for the info..

Fair enough. :) Just seemed odd, given I could see a United supporter in the photo with him. The angle is indeed pointing away, though.