Manchester United vs Manchester City - 12/2/11

already been called up once, but there are a few ahead of him, let him grow for united first, he has time on his hands
true plus if not playin for england not gettin injured and bonus for united defo future of enlgland defence 10m what a bargain

And how unfair it would be for Nani if he doesn't win PFA player of the year. He was excellent all season carrying our attack. Assisting or Scoring in almost all games. Shame that his antics precedes his contributions.
agreed, when he just plays, he is brilliant. he is getting better at cutting it out though

Fluke goal to equalise, amazing strike to win.. Spot the difference.

Rooney's was a fluke as well. An outstanding and incredible goal, but a fluke nonetheless. Most long range strikes or overhead kicks are really.

agreed, when he just plays, he is brilliant. he is getting better at cutting it out though
has strived since ronaldo left hope he wins pfa of year cant wait till valencia is back him on right nani on left:)

Rooney's was a fluke as well. An outstanding and incredible goal, but a fluke nonetheless. Most long range strikes or overhead kicks are really.

So by your logic then we can say all goals are fluke. Rooney's goal was goal of the season, not a fluke.

So by your logic then we can say all goals are fluke. Rooney's goal was goal of the season, not a fluke.

I'm not doubting the skill and quality of the strike, nor am I saying it shouldn't be goal of the season (that's another debate). The goal involved a large degree of luck, as even Rooney admits that 9 out of 10 would end up in the stands. Any overhead kick is a fluke, as players cannot execute them consistently enough for it to be considered otherwise.

I'm not doubting the skill and quality of the strike, nor am I saying it shouldn't be goal of the season (that's another debate). The goal involved a large degree of luck, as even Rooney admits that 9 out of 10 would end up in the stands. Any overhead kick is a fluke, as players cannot execute them consistently enough for it to be considered otherwise.

Overhead kick >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Deflected goal.

Thats not a fluke goal. The goal scored by Scholes against Milan was fluke as he had no idea what he was doing. Not Rooney's.

Will you call the superb Messi's dribbling goals as fluke?

Overhead kick >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Deflected goal.

Thats not a fluke goal. The goal scored by Scholes against Milan was fluke as he had no idea what he was doing. Not Rooney's.

Will you call the superb Messi's dribbling goals as fluke?

I certainly agree with your first point, nobody is denying that. It was a truly spectacular goal, and well deserving to win the game.

All my point was making is that I thought it was a fluke. I feel it involved too much luck to be entirely intentional, and the percentages are so low that for it to go in, it must be partly down to chance and luck, as well as skill of course.

And no, I wouldn't class Messi's goal as a fluke, I don't believe his goals are down to luck as much as Rooney's overhead kick was.

Anyway, I'm off to watch the rugby now so I'm not going to reply to this thread anymore. There's no point arguing either, I think it was a fluke, and you don't, so we'll leave it at that. And at the end of the day your team won so it doesn't really matter! :)

It wasnt a fluke, just had a large amount of luck included in it.... As the percentage of that going in is very low.

Depends how you define a "fluke" really. I call a goal a fluke when it's mostly unintentional, and an extra event completely changes the play of the ball. Rooney knew what he was doing, it's unlikely to happen, but I still don't count it as a fluke just because it's unlikely. Free kicks have a relatively low conversion rate, but if you're a good free kick taker and put good shots in constantly, you will score. Same logic applies to Rooney.

Wasn't a fluke just luck involved with some skill a bit like an educated guess.

we're not bringing this back up again. take it to VMs

Unbelievablee tekkerss!

I'm not too upset to lose the game, I didn't really expect anything from the game. Silva's goal was a peach though, and we could have had a point if only we could hold United for once, but the faded class of Rooney just lit up at the end, one of the best goals i've seen, and the situation adds to it aswell, great winner in a derby.. Great finish, well done United..

this game was everything the last derby was not. both sides will take a lot from it, unied moreso with the points but city can be happy with the performance.

Too bad for City, thought they deserved and were going to get a point from the match until an out-of-form Rooney scores a wondergoal out of nowhere. ManU defended very well though.

Rooney's goal was amazing and probably the best goal of the season. I do agree though that it was a bit of a fluke. I don't consider volleys/overhead kicks to be as good as some people do: there's so much luck involved. Dribbling through a crowd of players followed by a great finish is always more impressive to me at least. Van Persie's goal vs. Wolves yesterday was the same thing to me, for example, great goal, especially because of the pressure from the defenders, but it's pretty much a shot in the dark that goes in once every hundred times he'll try it.

Oh, and if we're going to talk about the goal of the century, there's only one:

YouTube - Diego Maradona's Goal of the Century.

Last edited:
Too bad for City, thought they deserved and were going to get a point from the match until an out-of-form Rooney scores a wondergoal out of nowhere. ManU defended very well though.

Rooney's goal was amazing and probably the best goal of the season. I do agree though that it was a bit of a fluke. I don't consider volleys/overhead kicks to be as good as some people do: there's so much luck involved. Dribbling through a crowd of players followed by a great finish is always more impressive to me at least. Van Persie's goal vs. Wolves yesterday was the same thing to me, for example, great goal, especially because of the pressure from the defenders, but it's pretty much a shot in the dark that goes in once every hundred times he'll try it.

Oh, and if we're going to talk about the goal of the century, there's only one:

YouTube - Diego Maradona's Goal of the Century.

Wouldn't that be last century?

Wouldn't that be last century?

For me, when people say 'of this century,' I think 1912-2011. We only specifically refer to the 2000's when we say 'the 21st century.' Maybe I'm wrong though.

This is how you should celebrate..

imager.php

cel.gif

Credts : Top from other forum.

Last edited: