Manchester United vs Manchester City - 12/2/11

LOL who gave Nani the chance? Obviously Zabaleta...

Lovely little finish by Nani. <33

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

Lescott could/should have done better against Rooney as well.
Meh its lescott to be fair, hes regressed since he left everton. De jong would have destroyed rooney in the air though

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

city need half time, if we get the second before, they are done

Looking galvanised since the goal now, looking very dangerous. Need to carry it through to the next half.

First time I'm seeing someone winning shoulder to shoulder battle, and it is Smalling.

The first time i've seen City attack in a big match. As a neutral I hope they get back into it for the title race's sake

First time I'm seeing someone winning shoulder to shoulder battle, and it is Smalling.
there have been a couple, im glad the ref is letting them play.

good half, we need to keep the intensity up, this game isnt over by any means, i can see dzeko coming on

A pretty good first half. The difference is that United scored from their best chance and we didin't. Silva should have scored in the first minutes :(

A pretty good first half. The difference is that United scored from their best chance and we didin't. Silva should have scored in the first minutes :(
very costly miss, you have to convert those at OT

there have been a couple, im glad the ref is letting them play.

good half, we need to keep the intensity up, this game isnt over by any means, i can see dzeko coming on

I meant against Toure. He is a monster and maybe strongest in the league.

Had Anderson had any goal scoring instincts, he would have created few good chances when we had ball in the box. Yeah Game is not over by any means.

Nani is the best attacking player for us in this season. His productivity is the best in the league and very glad with his form and step up.

Bosh!!

Its been coming against Zabaleta though
Very harsh, considering your club has John O Shea, Jonny Evans and Wes Brown, 3 of the worst defenders out of the so called "Big four" teams. He has been one of our best players this season.

This has been a good first half and im not sore about it at all, 2 very good teams going at each other. Silva has been the best player on the pitch in my opinion, he sees things no one else sees and hes given even vidic some trouble, but he is too unselfish, needs to have a shot once in a while.

I admire Silva so much. But he is not a clinical finisher. :( But i think if City continue to be dangerous then they could win it. Im happy if they play good but lose anyway...United have more to lose but it would be nice to get something from this game.

OptaJoe on Twitter: "19 - Nani has now scored or assisted 19 goals for Manchester United in his last 20 Premier League appearances. Impact."

Quite amazing form.

hopefully that goal will open things up a bit - looking like a promising second half

What is it with SAF and quality wingers? Beckham, Ronaldo, Valencia, Nani. Give us a break!

City should have taken the lead through Silva early on, haven't really watched the rest though, switched back on in time to see Giggs' wonderful pass for Nani's goal. Terrific one-touch, perfectly weighted ball. After 20 years he makes it look so easy

Very harsh, considering your club has John O Shea, Jonny Evans and Wes Brown, 3 of the worst defenders out of the so called "Big four" teams. He has been one of our best players this season.

This has been a good first half and im not sore about it at all, 2 very good teams going at each other. Silva has been the best player on the pitch in my opinion, he sees things no one else sees and hes given even vidic some trouble, but he is too unselfish, needs to have a shot once in a while.

If you consider City as big 4, then you are way way off the mark. You have Lescott and Kolo who can't defend for toffee. And Mike comment was about this game, where Nani had run rings around Zab everytime he got ball..

how is it harsh, and your point about the united defenders is utterly invalid. nani has got away from zab twice beforehand with crashing long rangers, this time he gets away and scores.

brown and evans arent even playing, what is your point?

Excellent finish from Nani.

When i first saw it, thought it was a bad ball from Giggs, and if it wasn't for Nani's athleticism that balls going out of play IMO.

Also think Hart should've done better, he reacted very late, again, just my opinion

Lol at your vendetta against Jonny Evans Joe. He's had a big slump in form over the past 18 months or so. Before that he'd been showing signs of developing into a top class CB.

He's still only what, 22? Plenty of time for him to recapture his early promise.

Excellent finish from Nani.

When i first saw it, thought it was a bad ball from Giggs, and if it wasn't for Nani's athleticism that balls going out of play IMO.

Also think Hart should've done better, he reacted very late, again, just my opinion

I felt Hart was thinking Nani would blast it, but Nani just passed the ball, that made the difference imo..