VS
728.png
Manchester United Vs Tottenham Hospur
Barclays Premier League
Old Trafford
17.30 Kick Off
ESPN

Team News:

Manchester United: Manchester United are again without strikers Wayne Rooney and Michael Owen for the Barclays Premier League match with Tottenham.

Rooney is resting an ankle problem which could keep him out for longer than the three weeks first feared while Owen suffered a hamstring injury in training this week. The former Liverpool forward is expected to be out for four to five weeks.

Veteran Ryan Giggs is also missing with a hamstring injury but should return to training on Monday. Jonny Evans could come back into contention after a hip injury.
Man utd squad
Van der Sar, O'Shea, Brown, Rafael, Neville, Ferdinand, Vidic, Smalling, Evra, Evans, Fabio, Nani, Obertan, Scholes, Fletcher, Carrick, Gibson, Anderson, Park, Berbatov, Macheda, Hernandez, Kuszczak.

Tottenham Hospur:Tottenham will once again be without Tom Huddlestone.

The midfielder has failed to recover from the ankle injury that forced him to miss last weekend's 1-1 draw with Everton.

Captain Ledley King and Vedran Corluka (both groin) are still out, while Jermain Defoe, Michael Dawson (both ligament damage), Jamie O'Hara (back) and Jonathan Woodgate (groin) are long-term absentees.
Tottenham squad:Gomes, Cudicini, Hutton, Bale, Gallas, Bassong, Kaboul, Jenas, Sandro, Assou-Ekotto, Lennon, Palacios, Kranjcar, Bentley, Modric, Dos Santos, Crouch, Keane, Pavlyuchenko, Pletikosa.

Your thoughts and views on the match, personally i think Manchester United 2-1 Tottenham Hospur​

Last edited:
That is weird. Unless I am imagining things, I already posted in this thread.

Manchester United 3 - 2 Tottenham

I think our record against United, especially at Old Trafford speaks for itself, and I can't see it being any different this year despite our teams being closer in ability than they have in a long, long time.

We'll likely score first, and fall apart in the second-half. Though I truly hope I am proved wrong.

I deleted the 1st thread as i dont know how to add a draw option to the poll so i deleted and started again

Again, I'll say that we'll win 2-1.

Hernandez and Scholes - Bale.

as i siad on the first thread hope Spurs win but i think it will be a draw though :'(

First time in years that I actually believe we can win at OT.

If we get our fair share of decisions and we take our chances then 2-1 Tottenham.

van der Vaart, Pav,
Chicorita

Draw. 1-1

Vdv for Spurs and Chicharito with a miraclous equaliser at Fergie time.

Bale could have a really big impact with Uniteds weakness in the RB area. Is Rafael fit? If not I can see Brown/Neville being torn apart. United 2-2 Spurs.

Bale could have a really big impact with Uniteds weakness in the RB area. Is Rafael fit? If not I can see Brown/Neville being torn apart. United 2-2 Spurs.
if neville plays we are going to be undone. this was a game for the valencia/O'shea combo really

Can see the majority of our play going down the wings as Bale will have the RB in his pocket and Lennon has the beating of Evra. If we take full advantage of this then we have a very good chance.

Can see the majority of our play going down the wings as Bale will have the RB in his pocket and Lennon has the beating of Evra. If we take full advantage of this then we have a very good chance.
that involves you playing a wide game,on a very wide pitch, and united will pass through your midfield

that involves you playing a wide game,on a very wide pitch, and united will pass through your midfield

With us playing 4-5-1, we will have more numbers in the middle of the park. TBH your midfield isn't that special anyway...

With us playing 4-5-1, we will have more numbers in the middle of the park. TBH your midfield isn't that special anyway...
good enough to outpass you in both games last season, significantly so in the home game

good enough to outpass you in both games last season, significantly so in the home game

I'm not going into the game at OT last season, but all I'll say is that we were comfortably 2-0 up cruising and then were given a shocking decision for the penalty resulting in our downfall.

I'm not going into the game at OT last season, but all I'll say is that we were comfortably 2-0 up cruising and then were given a shocking decision for the penalty resulting in our downfall.
That was 2 seasons ago mate.
Last year was 2-1.:P Not the 5-2 i think you're referring to.

Edit: It was actually 3-1 if i remember right not 2-1. Two giggs penalties and a nice chip from nani.

Last edited:
That was 2 seasons ago mate.
Last year was 2-1.:P Not the 5-2 i think you're referring to.

Oooops :P my bad, quite tired and working atm as well lol. TBH cant remember much about last seasons, anyways, I believe that we can win so I'll leave it at that.

Oooops :P my bad, quite tired and working atm as well lol. TBH cant remember much about last seasons, anyways, I believe that we can win so I'll leave it at that.

It was the one where BAE gave away a stupid penalty, and you concieded another penalty.

I think you watched it round mine..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back