• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 217
  • Views Views 11K

What will the result be

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only assume regarding the goal, that Clattenburrg has seen Nani's handball but given advantage(he was not clear with Gomes about this, another Refereeing error) so then when Gomes put the ball down and Nani puts it in the net, then it should be brought back as a free kick to us as we have gained no advantage??

Or if he hasn't seen the free kick then it's a disgrace as the linesman has seen it as when gomes went running over clapping his hands together, the linesman clearly said "I know" so if he knows then the ref knows but has chosen to still give the goal. Disgracefull.
Also, if it wasn't a free kick, then Man Utd should have had a indirect free kick as Gomes picked the ball up twice.

To summarize, we've been ****** over :)

Somebody needs to ******* stand up to Man Utd. Grow a backbone, Redknapp, Levy. DO somthing...

it still would hae been 1-0 so you havent been "****** over"

p.s. you are slightly bias

Slightly?

Anyway, happy with the win, Spurs were quite poor and didn't really cause many problems.

I accept that we probably would have lost anyway, but thats not the point, we've been done over by another refereeing howler at OT.

p.s I know I'm biast.

What's there to complain about? If Gomes did think there was a free kick, despite no whistle then why place the ball where he did and not where the incident happened? He ****** up. The linesmen didn't even flag, he flagged when Gomes rushed over to him.

I also want to laugh at Chris Colemen, his horrible input of the situation was hilarious, he said the ref wasn't looking when he clearly was, he quickly followed up by saying how far away he was. Hilarious.

I accept that we probably would have lost anyway, but thats not the point, we've been done over by another refereeing howler at OT.

p.s I know I'm biast.

wel Gomes shouldn't have been a dosey **** and kicked the ball in front, if Nani seen the referees decision to play on, then Gomes, facing the ref, should have noticed

What's there to complain about? If Gomes did think there was a free kick, despite no whistle then why place the ball where he did and not where the incident happened? He ****** up. The linesmen didn't even flag, he flagged when Gomes rushed over to him.

I also want to laugh at Chris Colemen, his horrible input of the situation was hilarious, he said the ref wasn't looking when he clearly was, he quickly followed up by saying how far away he was. Hilarious.

Isn't it obvious, he's doing what every other goalie in the world does, he was just trying to steal a few yards.

Just to clear up the Nani thing.

'If an outfield player deliberately handles the ball, he should be booked, and a free-kick should be given'.

Now I understand Clattenburg playing an advantage, but Nani should have been booked. Also, if he never gave the penalty he seen Nani going over as a dive, which a player should also be booked for...

For me the goal should not have stood, can't critiscise Nani though, and Gomes is in the wrong, total lack of concentration. Even if the goal hadn't been given, I fully believe United would have gone on to win it.

I agree with the view that it was a legit goal. But are we seriously saying that common sense cannot prevail here. All clattenburg had to do was realise what had happened, understood the reason why Gomes placed the ball where he did, and disallow the goal. And to the people who say it wouldnt have changed the result, how can you say that? For all we know, Gomes could have kicked the 'free kick' upfield which could have fallen to a tottenham player who sticks it in the back of the net. Yes thats unlikely but in football anything can happen. I would just like to throw the suggestion that the goal wouldnt have been given if it was for tottenham?

interesting point from Rio Ferdinand via twitter - "All a u askin what I said 2 gallas I told him if they had scored when the ball went out 1st half would they say NO GOAL the ball was out? NO"

That's a fair point, if Spurs had gotten away with that mistake by the ref, they wouldn't have said it wasn't a goal. Nani has done nothing wrong, he just scored a goal, yes he may have hand-balled but the referee hasn't said anything was wrong, NO PLAYER would be that honest to say "No I handballed it.. please give a freekick" when the ref is waving play on and the goalkeeper is standing there like a lemon.

The main point of argument is, "there was no whistle." Gomes can argue all he wants but the fact remains that handball wasn't called, a player should play up to the whistle and not assume a call will be given. Lapse of judgement really.

I think the spurs fans just need to accept that they were beaten by the better team. Had that controversial goal taken place when man united weren't winning, then I can understand the complaints. But they were 1-0 up already, and let's face it, pretty much on top too.

Well I wont say that I am too happy with the decision,but I think it was right.But I don't realise why the **** the assistant raised the flag after the goal was scored? Anyway it was highly unlikely for us to find an equalizer.

Was really happy with Carrick's performance, this is the Carrick that we all want to see.

Just read a funny comment "The defender (possibly the one who looked like he'd just emerged from the matrix) practically had the shirt off Nani's back."

Last edited:
I can only assume regarding the goal, that Clattenburrg has seen Nani's handball but given advantage(he was not clear with Gomes about this, another Refereeing error) so then when Gomes put the ball down and Nani puts it in the net, then it should be brought back as a free kick to us as we have gained no advantage??

Or if he hasn't seen the free kick then it's a disgrace as the linesman has seen it as when gomes went running over clapping his hands together, the linesman clearly said "I know" so if he knows then the ref knows but has chosen to still give the goal. Disgracefull.
Also, if it wasn't a free kick, then Man Utd should have had a indirect free kick as Gomes picked the ball up twice.

To summarize, we've been ****** over :)

Somebody needs to ******* stand up to Man Utd. Grow a backbone, Redknapp, Levy. DO somthing...

what are you talking about CJ?

Gomes is completely in the wrong, we can go on all day about the Pen, The handball, was it a dive blah blah blah. but the ultimate thing is Gomes didnt play to the whistle, at no point was a free kick signalled.

I can see why CJ would be ****** off with the goal and yer you said Gomes was trying to steel a few yards but the ref never signaled for a free-kick. Gomes had the ball in his arms so Clattenburg might aswell have played on. All players do it and i think it needs to stop when they go down they grab the ball thinking this is a definate free-kick and. It also dosen't look good when the Mendes not given goal the ref was Clattenburg but the ref never whistled and its the number 1 rule in football play to the whistle.

I can see why CJ would be ****** off with the goal and yer you said Gomes was trying to steel a few yards but the ref never signaled for a free-kick. Gomes had the ball in his arms so Clattenburg might aswell have played on. All players do it and i think it needs to stop when they go down they grab the ball thinking this is a definate free-kick and. It also dosen't look good when the Mendes not given goal the ref was Clattenburg but the ref never whistled and its the number 1 rule in football play to the whistle.

Yeah, but surely if he's given advantage for the handball, then it should be brought back as we have had no advantage??? Just poor refereeing again.

Why was Rio allowed to talk to the ref when our players get ushered away ??? He's not even the ******* captain

Right this thread has run it course for the match so I am closing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back