• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 217
  • Views Views 11K

What will the result be

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we will just win this one, we will probaly win by the odd goal, it a tight and tense game. I am going for Berba to score a brace and united to win 2-1.

So? He is the best ref dont know what was your point.

Well you would say that wouldn't you,. Webb is pathetic and always buckles under pressure and gives into the 'Big Teams'.

hoping for a draw, can only see a united win.

ill go 4-0

Well you would say that wouldn't you,. Webb is pathetic and always buckles under pressure and gives into the 'Big Teams'.

He is the best of bad bunch.

I think it's very harsh on referees.

If a player, who's meant to be highly skilled makes a mistake in a game, maybe misplaces a pass, he gets nothing. Wheras a ref makes a mistake....

Howard Webb is clearly the best in England, and probably, in the world. He handles big games very well. The world cup final was probably the hardest game in history to referee, and he done a very good job.

Just because a few descions didn't go spurs' way, doesnt make him a bad ref.

I think Man United are on the road to recovery after a difficult few months. They should win, 3-1.

A little info from the Guardian website:

Manchester United are the only unbeaten side in the division but are five points behind Chelsea, largely because Sir Alex Ferguson's team have already drawn more games than in the whole of last season. Tottenham have gone 25 games without beating United in all competitions, their last victory at Old Trafford all the way back in 1989, a 1-0 win courtesy of Gary Lineker. Wayne Rooney will be absent again for the home side but that is not as significant a setback as it would have been this time last year and the biggest threat to Spurs may be Javier Hernández, with three goals in the last week. Daniel Taylor

Also;

• This is only the third time in Premier League history that United have been unbeaten after nine games – they won the title on both previous occasions (1997 and 2000)

• Tottenham have conceded one goal in each of their last eight games in this division

• United have been awarded three penalties in their last two home league games against Tottenham

• Tottenham have won none of their last 67 games away to the traditional Big Four – Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and United

• If selected, Gary Neville will be making his 400th Premier League appearance

Tbh, I can't see a Spurs win here, United are starting to find form again, and whether the referee is **** or not, I think they will beat a good Tottenham side at OT. Chicarito is in good form, and history suggests that it could be fairly comfortable for Man Utd. Would like a draw though.

I am very anti united. Very. Sorry if this is horribly biased.

I feel united's squad is the worst it has been for 5 years. To be fair, they do have some good youngsters coming through, hernandez, gibson, fabio etc... but they do have spme poor players who don't warrant a place, Macheda, Park "shirt sales" ji sung, bebe, obertan, carrick is getting worse, evans, van de sar needs to be replaced.

Anyway

Spurs 1-0 Man U

*fingers crossed

nah i don't call Hernandez youngster...

i'd say 2-2

van der vaart still scoring

So? He is the best ref dont know what was your point.

I think we will play Rafael as RB, last season he had Ribery in his pocket till that stupid sending off, Before that season Robinho, last season he did very well against Ronaldinho too. I want him to play.

I'm more worried about Lennon Vs Bale. For some strange reason Evra loses the battle against Lennon, hope he does well this time.

my point is howard webb is a united fan and hates spurs

I am very anti united. Very. Sorry if this is horribly biased.

I feel united's squad is the worst it has been for 5 years. To be fair, they do have some good youngsters coming through, hernandez, gibson, fabio etc... but they do have spme poor players who don't warrant a place, Macheda, Park "shirt sales" ji sung, bebe, obertan, carrick is getting worse, evans, van de sar needs to be replaced.

Anyway

Spurs 1-0 Man U

*fingers crossed

Hmm, how best to dismantle this point?

Firstly, 5 years? They won it in 2008-09 so I think it's safe to say with the likes of Ronaldo, they had a pretty strong squad then - they lost out last year to a very good Chelsea side, and they're level on points with Arsenal and Man City, so they're not really doing horrendously badly this year..

Yeah, good youngsters, and good senior players - Gibson isn't exactly a youngster at 23, Hernandez is scoring for fun at the minute, and SAF has said today that Roo will have to fight for his place when he's fit again. Fabio etc? Rafael really showed his quality in the CL last season, and Fabio has looked first team worthy too, but Evra, being in the top 3 LBs in the world, is keeping his place.

Macheda should really be listed amongst your "youngsters", he's a great prospect, and looks good whenever he plays - Did you see his goal against Villa? Park is a workhorse, and actually (I think) a pretty good player, his versatility is hugely important, and he never stops running. Bebe again is a "youngster", but admittedly a huge gamble, we haven't seen enough of him to saw he isn't worthy of a place. Obertan, I agree hasn't shown his quality at Utd. Carrick is very good on his day, but admittedly is hit and miss. VDS is now 40, and still going strong - I think it's worth pointing you back to the fact they're unbeaten in the league, he made a mistake the other day, but it's so rare for him it's not worth dwelling on.

Anyway. Spurs haven't won away against "The Big 4" for a long time, can't see that changing tbh.

3-1 Utd.

Is macheda,bebe potential, carrick hit and miss and park's workhorse attitude going to win them the prem?

We'll see.

I agree that they are still a very good side and will fight for the title but 2,3 years ago they were favourites with a number of world class players. Are you talking about Macheda's goal 2 seasons ago?. He hasn't shown much since then.

Off topic: LOL at Rooney wanting a better squad, yet he is the one who will have to fight for his place.

Hoping that United put in a confident performance today. I think this could be the match that if we win will galvanize the squad. After wining away last week we need to win this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back