• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 217
  • Views Views 11K

What will the result be

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
i didn't see the game so i won't comment on the Nani goal just yet but it seems as if it was all legit. One thing i will say is that every time a player dives Drogba's name comes up, yes he was poor in the past but i would say i haven't seen him dive in over 2 seasons now. Good win for Utd but was more than likely going to happen, Spurs record against Utd is woeful. Ivanovic's goal looks much bigger now than it did at the time. Title race is hotting up now catch us if you can lads.

And yet, at times, can sum up everything that is great about football - his effort that cracked off the bar in the last minute for instance.

I wholeheartedly agree about the diving though, I get as mad as an opposing supporter when Nani dives because a) its completely unsporting and b) it doesn't give the club a great image when they have a theatrical play-actor in their squad.

Its high time referees had the balls to really penalise diving - its one thing giving a free-kick for a dive, but they've got to have the courage of their conviction and book the player.
i didnt think it was a dive today, but more than once he has gone down. But it is very frustrating, and like you say its time we saw more conviction in stamping it out.

THIS :

Not really sure what Clattenburg is meant to do. No point giving the handball, since Gomes had the ball in his arms, advantage Tottenham.

Tweeted by ZonalMarking

the Nani goal for people who didn't see it.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPbnkuOVD-8"]YouTube - Controversial Nani Goal VS Tottenham Hotspur (Satursday 30th October 2010)[/ame]
Now i have seen it i will say what a complete **** up and lack of consentration by Gomes. It wasen't a free-kick so the ball was in open play so Nani has a right to go for the ball. If anythink it was a major **** up by Gomes and smart play by Nani.​

Firstly I will say I think we deserved the 3 points today. Played quite well and looked comfortable.

On Nani's goal, couldn't really see it from where I was sitting although looking at the replay it is clear it was a hand ball. Debatable whether it was a pen, either way Nani played to the whistle so fair play.

Great result and buzzing for Turkey on Monday and game on Tuesday.

Now i have seen it i will say what a complete **** up and lack of consentration by Gomes. It wasen't a free-kick so the ball was in open play so Nani has a right to go for the ball. If anythink it was a major **** up by Gomes and smart play by Nani.​

Nani needed fletcher and scholes to shout at him though as he had no clue what was going on

---------- Post added at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

Firstly I will say I think we deserved the 3 points today. Played quite well and looked comfortable.

On Nani's goal, couldn't really see it from where I was sitting although looking at the replay it is clear it was a hand ball. Debatable whether it was a pen, either way Nani played to the whistle so fair play.

Great result and buzzing for Turkey on Monday and game on Tuesday.

are you going and if so how much has that set you back then?

Cannot wait to hear Ian Holloway's view on this incident ;)

Nani needed fletcher and scholes to shout at him though as he had no clue what was going on

Well thats bollocks. Fletcher and Scholes both knew it should have been a free kick, as did Nani. Fletcher was shouting at him do get back as they knew Gomes was going to launch it, not telling him to try and score. Jheeze

by rights it was a legit goal, but the ref and linesman should have disallowed it between them for the good of football. Anyway I dont think it affected the result of the game.

Cannot wait to hear Ian Holloway's view on this incident ;)

Proberbly go on about how its WRONG to question man utd goals :P

---------- Post added at 01:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

Well thats bollocks. Fletcher and Scholes both knew it should have been a free kick, as did Nani. Fletcher was shouting at him do get back as they knew Gomes was going to launch it, not telling him to try and score. Jheeze

they were telling him to score when he was right on the ball, if you watch the replay you will see this

If they 'knew' it was a free kick and not open play so they couldn't score, why would he then score?

by rights it was a legit goal, but the ref and linesman should have disallowed it between them for the good of football. Anyway I dont think it affected the result of the game.

I can only assume regarding the goal, that Clattenburrg has seen Nani's handball but given advantage(he was not clear with Gomes about this, another Refereeing error) so then when Gomes put the ball down and Nani puts it in the net, then it should be brought back as a free kick to us as we have gained no advantage??

Or if he hasn't seen the free kick then it's a disgrace as the linesman has seen it as when gomes went running over clapping his hands together, the linesman clearly said "I know" so if he knows then the ref knows but has chosen to still give the goal. Disgracefull.
Also, if it wasn't a free kick, then Man Utd should have had a indirect free kick as Gomes picked the ball up twice.

To summarize, we've been ****** over :)

Somebody needs to ******* stand up to Man Utd. Grow a backbone, Redknapp, Levy. DO somthing...

Are you blind? They were both pointing at the ball, and running towards the goal. Get you're Spurs tinted glasses off and have a look. Jheeze.

---------- Post added at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

are you going and if so how much has that set you back then?

Wayyy to much :P Costing around 900 just for the flights.

Wasn't your winner against us dodgy as ****?

Nowhere near as contreversial as this one. Gallas was offside for our goal against goal, but i dont think that he was actually interfeering as he wasn't in the goalies eyeline. Schwarzer was not going to get anywhere near Huddlestones goal anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back