• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 217
  • Views Views 11K

What will the result be

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol at people calling Park "Shirt sales Park". He was better than any player out there probably besides Nani.

About the incident, Well Gomes is a tard. Even if he thought it was a free kick you cant just put the ball anywhere to take the free kick, might as well put it in front of the United area.

He was good today. Glad to see him be more selfish. He is more creative in that free role rather than on the wings

Good result for Manchester United, it would of been a disaster if they fell 8 points behind Chelsea so a much needed victory. Thought Keane was the wrong way to go for Spurs today, you need someone a bit stronger up there like Pav when facing Rio and Vidic. Van Der Vaart once again showed a few touches of brilliance and was unlucky not to score. Was a bit un-impressed by Bale though, I thought he'd perform well on the big wide pitch that OT possesses but I suppose he can't deliver top class performances every week. Credit to Rafael though, kept him silent. Lennon did well to get the better of Evra a few times which is a hard job within itself but delivery let him down and that is something he has been a suspect of in the past. Thought Spurs more than matched United for the majority of the game, some of the stuff they played was excellent. Thought Park was stand out today, never stops running and he can beat a man, very unlucky to score early on. Disappointed in the way the second goal was conceded but it wouldn't be a football game if it didn't have an error.

I must say though, it was a good game to watch. Some decent end-to-end football and you weren't sure if Tottenham were going to nick an equaliser or if Manchester United were going to go on and win the match.

I thought Park's running was a highlight, as was Rafael's marking on Bale. Manchester United did deserve to win, but the controversial goal reflects the match in a harsh light for them.

Good match filled with entertaining moments.

Good result for Manchester United, it would of been a disaster if they fell 8 points behind Chelsea so a much needed victory. Thought Keane was the wrong way to go for Spurs today, you need someone a bit stronger up there like Pav when facing Rio and Vidic. Van Der Vaart once again showed a few touches of brilliance and was unlucky not to score. Was a bit un-impressed by Bale though, I thought he'd perform well on the big wide pitch that OT possesses but I suppose he can't deliver top class performances every week. Credit to Rafael though, kept him silent. Lennon did well to get the better of Evra a few times which is a hard job within itself but delivery let him down and that is something he has been a suspect of in the past. Thought Spurs more than matched United for the majority of the game, some of the stuff they played was excellent. Thought Park was stand out today, never stops running and he can beat a man, very unlucky to score early on. Disappointed in the way the second goal was conceded but it wouldn't be a football game if it didn't have an error.

Agree with this. I felt that we nullified the threat from Modric well. It's good that we kept a clean sheet. Rafael is getting better and better with each game

Thought the second goal was a bit harsh on Spurs. Not only did Nani dive but he handled the ball when he hit the deck. Should possibly have got a yellow card. If it was a freekick then I don't know why Gomes threw it out past the 6 yard box, stupidity on his part. I also don't know how the referee can overrule the assistant when the latter was in a far better position to see the incident. Maybe a case of the ref making things even for not giving United the penalty.

Other than that, Bale vs. Rafael. Bale went past him a few times, Rafael stopped him a few times. Neither were spectacular. The fact that United doubled up on Bale and Lennon was the more important factor than the individual fullback displays themselves.

Putting aside his theatrics, Nani was the best player on the pitch closely followed by Park and Moderich. Shame Nani's effort in the closing minutes hit the bar, would have been a great goal.

Overall, deserved victory for United on the balance of play. Poor second half from both teams to be honest, Spurs just couldn't get enough men in support of Keane who was awful.

Keane didn't look fit in my opinion. I felt starting up front with Crouch would of been a better option. His link up play would be useful. Also Keane dropped to midfield quite often. I found the basis of this strange

Pretty much sums up my feelings...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjgbZPCmr14"]YouTube - Didier Drogba - Its a disgrace[/ame]

Thought the second goal was a bit harsh on Spurs. Not only did Nani dive but he handled the ball when he hit the deck. Should possibly have got a yellow card. If it was a freekick then I don't know why Gomes threw it out past the 6 yard box, stupidity on his part. I also don't know how the referee can overrule the assistant when the latter was in a far better position to see the incident. Maybe a case of the ref making things even for not giving United the penalty.

Other than that, Bale vs. Rafael. Bale went past him a few times, Rafael stopped him a few times. Neither were spectacular. The fact that United doubled up on Bale and Lennon was the more important factor than the individual fullback displays themselves.

Putting aside his theatrics, Nani was the best player on the pitch closely followed by Park and Moderich. Shame Nani's effort in the closing minutes hit the bar, would have been a great goal.

Overall, deserved victory for United on the balance of play. Poor second half from both teams to be honest, Spurs just couldn't get enough men in support of Keane who was awful.

Because the referee was the one who are in charge of the whistle and he didn't whistled. Furthermore, he is the one whom Nani confirmed with before putting the ball into the back of the net...

The second goal was harsh, but it wasn't wrong as the ref didn't blow his whistle (not quite sure why, as after penalty was refused Nani put his hand on the ball). Anyway, couldn't see us scoring in the second-half as most of our danger men were kept under wraps. Decent performance for the most part - just weren't strong enough going forward. Don't know what all the fuss about Gomes trying to nick 10 yards on his imaginary free-kick is all about -- keepers do it all the time and I've seen outfield players throw the ball down quarter of a pitch away from where a foul's taken place. No biggie in the Prem - though it usually helps to make sure it is a free-kick first...doh.

Fingers crossed that VDV is ok for visit of Inter

Agree with what most people are saying, there's no doubt United deserved the three points. It was nip & tuck first half, and for me, the majority of the second-half was stale; not much for the neutrals to cheer about. Park had a really good game, and I thought the ref had a decent game up until the second goal.

The fact is, the goal shouldn't have been allowed to stand, because the referee should have penalised Nani's handball. However, in the circumstances - the circumstances being that the ref didn't blow the whistle to penalise either a perceived dive or a handball - the ref was right to let the goal stand. Gomes, whilst not playing to the whistle, assumed that the ref had penalised Nani for the 'dive'/handball, which I thought he was entitled to do since the ref made a glaring error by not awarding a free-kick to Spurs.

Simply put, the ref didn't give a free-kick, so when Gomes dropped the ball, play was open. As a result, Nani had every right to put the ball into the net, and the goal (given the circumstances) correctly stood.

I thought it was Penalty as Nani was pulled back twice so dont know why many are complaining about Ref.

Because the referee was the one who are in charge of the whistle and he didn't whistled. Furthermore, he is the one whom Nani confirmed with before putting the ball into the back of the net...

If that's the case then Clattenburg should have blown for the freekick and booked Nani for either simulation or handball. But fair play if there wasn't a whistle, Nani didn't hear one so he played on.

If that's the case then Clattenburg should have blown for the freekick and booked Nani for either simulation or handball. But fair play if there wasn't a whistle, Nani didn't hear one so he played on.

First, it was a penalty. Then before kicking the ball, you can see clearly Nani looked at ref and when ref said play on he kicked the ball.

1. A free-kick should have been given for handball.
2. The referee did not whistle for handball.
3. Gomes assumed a free-kick had been given for handball, and threw the ball on the ground.
4. As no whistle had gone, play was open and Nani took advantage to put United 2-0 up.

If a free-kick had (correctly) been given, this wouldn't have happened. A free-kick wasn't given, so it did happen. The referee overruled his linesman and the goal was (in the circumstances) correctly allowed to stand.

First, it was a penalty. Then before kicking the ball, you can see clearly Nani looked at ref and when ref said play on he kicked the ball.

The penalty decision is up for debate. Had Nani gone down when there was contact instead of taking a tumble 3 or 4 paces after he may have got it.

Secondly, I'm not saying the goal isn't legit. Nani played to the whistle and fair play. The referee just made a mistake in not giving the freekick for the handball from Nani. Hence the confusion of Gomes thinking it was a freekick.

The penalty decision is up for debate. Had Nani gone down when there was contact instead of taking a tumble 3 or 4 paces after he may have got it.

Secondly, I'm not saying the goal isn't legit. Nani played to the whistle and fair play. The referee just made a mistake in not giving the freekick for the handball from Nani. Hence the confusion of Gomes thinking it was a freekick.

Nani tried to stay in feet which was very surprising. Second part i agree.

I don't think people are arguing about the legitimacy of the goal.

The main complaint comes from the fact that it was allowed to happen in the first place, especially given Nani's theatrical tumble and handball beforehand.

Add to that the fact that Nani dived within 10 seconds of kick-off tonight, and you have a player who sums up everything that is wrong with football at the moment.

I don't think people are arguing about the legitimacy of the goal.

The main complaint comes from the fact that it was allowed to happen in the first place, especially given Nani's theatrical tumble and handball beforehand.

Add to that the fact that Nani dived within 10 seconds of kick-off tonight, and you have a player who sums up everything that is wrong with football at the moment.

It was not a dive, he was pulled back twice, he tried to stay on feet before going down,

Ekotto's studs caught Nani's thigh which you clearly missed or acting like you missed it. Nani is everything that is wrong with football? Talk about bitterness.

you have a player who sums up everything that is wrong with football at the moment.

And yet, at times, can sum up everything that is great about football - his effort that cracked off the bar in the last minute for instance.

I wholeheartedly agree about the diving though, I get as mad as an opposing supporter when Nani dives because a) its completely unsporting and b) it doesn't give the club a great image when they have a theatrical play-actor in their squad.

Its high time referees had the balls to really penalise diving - its one thing giving a free-kick for a dive, but they've got to have the courage of their conviction and book the player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back