Manchester United vs Valencia - [7/12/2010 - 19:45]

Taking all that into account I still do not believe it was money well spent. You could have got Benzema for less...

And who was Benzema then... An No body, Your talking about different seasons, you cant say you could of got someone for tht, 2 seasons later. Berbatov was the best available at the time

Berbatov was not worth 30M but we were left with no choice. ManCity made a last min bid and we should have signed him much earlier when we could have got him for 20-25M, but we waited till the last min and it back fired.

Did we overpay? Yes
But he is am excellent player, he is just not all about goals, much more than that. His link up play is one of the best in the league. Today his finishing was average, Valencia keeper made few good saves. On another day he would have scored hattrick.

I love how CJACKO thinks whole FM Base is against him, but everytime United fails to win or Berba misses easy chances he comes up with "Thats why he is not United type player" or "Thats why he is not worth 30M".

Rooney was excellent. Lost the count of chances he created. His 60 yard pass to Nani was Scholesesque. No striker in the world has Rooney's passing range. His crossing was superb. Was very unlucky not to score and assist.

Anderson finally doing some justice to his talent and becoming player we all hoped when we signed him. 2 Excellent games and 2 very good in the last 3 games. I just loved how he got into good positions in the box. His dribbling was very good and it gives mare for defenders when they play CM who can dribble. His defense splitting passes were excellent. Fianlly he is weighing his passes perfectly.

Happy with the performance.

Well im not the only one that thinks this am i?? I think he is a good footballer with so much technique but i think he performs better when he is top dog and at Utd there are loads of top dogs. Not worth 30million but i think even some Utd fans would agree and you know everyone is against me but i wouldn't want it any other way darling lol.

Well im not the only one that thinks this am i?? I think he is a good footballer with so much technique but i think he performs better when he is top dog and at Utd there are loads of top dogs. Not worth 30million but i think even some Utd fans would agree and you know everyone is against me but i wouldn't want it any other way darling lol.

Everyones not against you just most people, sweetheart ;)

woops 1-1 fairly decent match could not watch it tho

Man Utd 3-1 Valencia

Hardly see Valencia getting much out of this game although I am hoping they do but cant see it
....we played last night and drew 1-1

Lol, I didnt say passing. I mentioned Passing range. How many times have we seen Rooney making 40 yard inch perfect passes, never seen Del Piero and Messi doing that. Well Totti sort of, but he is not a typical striker.

Oh come on now. Del Piero has been doing it consistently for over a decade, and Messi had an example just the other day with Villa's first against Madrid. There is no shame in Rooney having a lesser passing range than Totti and Del Piero, two Italian greats, and Messi, the best player in the world.

That said, I agree with your original point about his superb passing. I still think Rooney is a better "forager", a hustling deep-lying player than an out-and-out goalscorer. When he first broke onto the scene that's how he played exclusively, passing and creating from deep, making late runs into the box to great effect.

Lolol. Someone hasn't ever seen Del Piero, Totti or Messi play, then.

Ones a midfielder- who hasnt got the passing range of Wayne.
Onces a Deep deep deep laying playmaker of a striker,
and one just pwns all.

Oh come on now. Del Piero has been doing it consistently for over a decade, and Messi had an example just the other day with Villa's first against Madrid. There is no shame in Rooney having a lesser passing range than Totti and Del Piero, two Italian greats, and Messi, the best player in the world.

That said, I agree with your original point about his superb passing. I still think Rooney is a better "forager", a hustling deep-lying player than an out-and-out goalscorer. When he first broke onto the scene that's how he played exclusively, passing and creating from deep, making late runs into the box to great effect.

Rooney's 60 yard diagonal pass to nani was out of this world. Messi is the best player in the world, but his passing range is not as good as Rooney's. Messi is very good at short passing, killer balls, but not long range passing. Del Piero has done it, but when it comes to range, he falls short of Rooney. Yes he is a Legend of the game, he is known for his game just outside the box and free kicks,

Totti is not a striker. ;)

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

Maybe you are not the one, but i dont see anyone taking the pain to mention this in every thread.