Manchester United vs Valencia - [7/12/2010 - 19:45]

What are you talking about... Hargeaves isnt ****, just injured... completely different...

Well, he kinda, doesnt play at all, not the exact same, but pretty much the same principle.

Anyway, on topic: Didnt catch much of the game as I was watching Spurs primarily, but Valencia were impressive in the middle of the park, Anderson and Park were pretty good too. Nice to see Valencia doing well, Soldado is a very good player, perhaps could have done more on the night.

Well, he kinda, doesnt play at all, not the exact same, but pretty much the same principle.

"If berba was soo **** he wouldnt of lasted so long at manchester united under fergie, nuff said."

that's was my comment, I said nothing about injured players, clearly Hargreaves would fail any medical exam as he isn't fit, but he isn't ****. so that is why he is still there....

Dimitar Berbatov's premier league record at Spurs
70 games
27 goals
0.39 goals per game
Dimitar Berbatov's premier league record at Manchester united
77 games
32 goals
0.42 goals per game

Berbatov is not poor. He's obviously extremely talented but he just hasn't shown it consistently.
Hopefully now that rooney is back he'll be able consistently put in the type of performance he put in earlier in the season and against blackburn.

Anyway, on topic: Didnt catch much of the game as I was watching Spurs primarily, but Valencia were impressive in the middle of the park, Anderson and Park were pretty good too. Nice to see Valencia doing well, Soldado is a very good player, perhaps could have done more on the night.
Soldado didn't play.

Berbatov will always get stick because if his attitude. It's alright being so laid back when you are playing well, but when you aren't, you're inviting the negative press. Personally, I don't like him and never will, although he is undoubtedly very talented.

Berbatov is a talented player, but not worth 30 Million, especially when taking his age into account.

Berbatov is a talented player, but not worth 30 Million, especially when taking his age into account.

When we spent 30million on him, he was worth that though, we spent it when United had the "best" squad in Europe, and didn't need 3 or 4 players, just a few refinements, Berba was not used correctly or performed well enough in his first season, Which made him a bit of a scapegoat for the next season, which he actually supported Wayne well, with plenty of chances/ passes, but this was over looked due to the fact he wasn't scoring freely and Wayne was in such great form, the term "one man team" was thrown about by just about every other clubs supporters, when most United supporters realised what Berba and other players brought to the team, whilst Wayne was taking all the headlines. Then this season, he has stepped up brilliantly when required, an Hat trick against Liverpool when we really needed it, we where so poor going forward at this stage, he looked like the only player who was ever going to score a goal. Then he again turned supplier for Hernandez when Wayne was out( our normal deeper laying striker) which helped the young Mexican become an instant success, so all in all, he has been one of our better players this season. and got himself 11 EPL goals for it, the same he had all of last season. So now he isn't worth 30million, but given the circumstance and his ability 3 years ago, he was well worth buying.

When we spent 30million on him, he was worth that though, we spent it when United had the "best" squad in Europe, and didn't need 3 or 4 players, just a few refinements, Berba was not used correctly or performed well enough in his first season, Which made him a bit of a scapegoat for the next season, which he actually supported Wayne well, with plenty of chances/ passes, but this was over looked due to the fact he wasn't scoring freely and Wayne was in such great form, the term "one man team" was thrown about by just about every other clubs supporters, when most United supporters realised what Berba and other players brought to the team, whilst Wayne was taking all the headlines. Then this season, he has stepped up brilliantly when required, an Hat trick against Liverpool when we really needed it, we where so poor going forward at this stage, he looked like the only player who was ever going to score a goal. Then he again turned supplier for Hernandez when Wayne was out( our normal deeper laying striker) which helped the young Mexican become an instant success, so all in all, he has been one of our better players this season. and got himself 11 EPL goals for it, the same he had all of last season. So now he isn't worth 30million, but given the circumstance and his ability 3 years ago, he was well worth buying.

Taking all that into account I still do not believe it was money well spent. You could have got Benzema for less...

Taking all that into account I still do not believe it was money well spent. You could have got Benzema for less...
we tried, he went to madrid for 42 million euros

we tried, he went to madrid for 42 million euros

Benzema was more of an example really, still I am not gonna be convinced Berbatov is worth 30 million.

Berbatov is one of the best strikers in the league.. I'd say he's in the top 6 or 7.

He just needs to be more consistent and he'll be even more deadly.

Berbatov was not worth 30M but we were left with no choice. ManCity made a last min bid and we should have signed him much earlier when we could have got him for 20-25M, but we waited till the last min and it back fired.

Did we overpay? Yes
But he is am excellent player, he is just not all about goals, much more than that. His link up play is one of the best in the league. Today his finishing was average, Valencia keeper made few good saves. On another day he would have scored hattrick.

I love how CJACKO thinks whole FM Base is against him, but everytime United fails to win or Berba misses easy chances he comes up with "Thats why he is not United type player" or "Thats why he is not worth 30M".

Rooney was excellent. Lost the count of chances he created. His 60 yard pass to Nani was Scholesesque. No striker in the world has Rooney's passing range. His crossing was superb. Was very unlucky not to score and assist.

Anderson finally doing some justice to his talent and becoming player we all hoped when we signed him. 2 Excellent games and 2 very good in the last 3 games. I just loved how he got into good positions in the box. His dribbling was very good and it gives mare for defenders when they play CM who can dribble. His defense splitting passes were excellent. Fianlly he is weighing his passes perfectly.

Happy with the performance.

Rooney was excellent. Lost the count of chances he created. His 60 yard pass to Nani was Scholesesque. No striker in the world has Rooney's passing range. His crossing was superb. Was very unlucky not to score and assist. .

Lolol. Someone hasn't ever seen Del Piero, Totti or Messi play, then.

i have to agree on this one, though having said that, rooney does have an incredible passing range

Benzema has hardly set the world on fire at real madrid. Also, they were around the same price. Benzema 35 million euros rising to 41 million with add ons. Berbatov 30.75 million pounds.

Lol, I didnt say passing. I mentioned Passing range. How many times have we seen Rooney making 40 yard inch perfect passes, never seen Del Piero and Messi doing that. Well Totti sort of, but he is not a typical striker.

Berbatov is worth £30 million, he brings creativity to the side and when he's on form he is deadly. At least now he's really scoring goals (i know the goals are still on and off) and actually creating beautiful things on the pitch rather than a year ago when he'd miss from about 4 yards out. I'd rather have a player like Berbatov in my team than someone like Benzema, also Andrei Shevchenko is a name not many Chelsea fans will want to hear when we talk about strikers failing to live up to their price tag..

Berbatov is worth £30 million, he brings creativity to the side and when he's on form he is deadly. At least now he's really scoring goals (i know the goals are still on and off) and actually creating beautiful things on the pitch rather than a year ago when he'd miss from about 4 yards out. I'd rather have a player like Berbatov in my team than someone like Benzema, also Andrei Shevchenko is a name not many Chelsea fans will want to hear when we talk about strikers failing to live up to their price tag..

Just wish we sold him the season before when Chelsea supposedly offered 70 mil!

Berbatov is a very good player, 20 mil max is what I would have paid though

Kobenhavn is a team United should beat easily though, Although no game should be easy now it would be a game I'd expect them to win. Giggs on :wub:

København drew 1-1 with Barca, and they all fit in with each other really well, seen them play a few times. Kvist and Vingaard say they want to play someone good - and they didn't mention Man Utd, they want to play Real;)