Mantorras77's Tactic Testing League

mantorras77

Reaction score
RIP King Eusebio
View attachment 436315

***READ HERE FIRST ***

1. Due to the time consumption testing takes we will no longer accept requests but rather suggestions
2. We are looking for tactics that are already making noise on the scene
3. We now are open to testing multi-tactic systems as well
4. We hold the right to test or not test your tactic

Introduction:

Hey everyone. I'm an American of Portuguese descent. I support Benfica and the New England Revolution. I did a few of these Tactic Tests last year but would post the results in the individual tactic threads themselves. This year I decided to start my own thread just to be able keep it organized and easily track and compare results. Ive been an FM'r since the CM days and I want to contribute to the community in any way I can so this is it.

Now I know what you're all thinking "Not another tactic testing thread!!". A_ilfandy does a great job at what he does over on his tactic testing thread and he works hard at it. If you haven't checked it out please do so here.

How we Test:

The method of testing we're using is a 20-team 38-game custom league where we take your tactic and assign it to Test Team CA 160 which is a mid-range team with media prediction 12th, thus a harder test. There are 4x120, 4x140, 4x160, 4x180 and 4x200 CA teams, in order to make the database resemble a personal save as much as possible. Your tactic will face a huge variety of formations in the league.

- Each game is played at the Tactic Test Stadium

View attachment 436317

- We make sure every tactic is fully fluid before the start of the season
- We start every season with Superb Morale
- We only substitute a player if the game makes us do it
- We will manually add OI's only if you require it
- We will use this for Team Training for all tactics tested:

View attachment 429117

- Meet the Player's (120 - 200 CA)

View attachment 479461View attachment 479463View attachment 479466View attachment 479467View attachment 479468

- Meet the tactics in the Daz Swann Cup

View attachment 429099View attachment 429098View attachment 429097View attachment 429096
View attachment 429095View attachment 429094View attachment 429093View attachment 429092
View attachment 429091View attachment 429090View attachment 429089
View attachment 429088View attachment 429087View attachment 429086View attachment 429085
View attachment 429084View attachment 429083View attachment 428968View attachment 429082

Results:
- We will post all final results to the table below.
- We will create an individual post for each tactic.
- All tactics are downloadable by clicking on them in the table below
- If you enjoy the tactic please show the author some love by praising it on their thread

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FM14 TTL TABLE (Patch 14.2.2) (click on name of tactic below to download it)

Follow me on twitter @mantorras77 for latest updates!

DISCLAIMER: Your individual results will vary with each tactic. This means that because a tactic does good or bad on this test doesn't mean you'll experience the same results.

View attachment 441336View attachment 449847View attachment 436316View attachment 429127
TTL TEAM
Mantorras77 = AssMan of this thread
Mr Langvatn = the Deep-Lying Playmaker of this test
Daz Swann = the Enganche behind the database
Romian = The False Nine tester

Last edited:
The Truly TIKI-TAKA - by kun

View attachment 455618View attachment 455616View attachment 455615View attachment 455614View attachment 455613View attachment 455612View attachment 455611

My Notes:
- Original tactic included "Short Corner Exploit". I removed it prior to testing.

- Fantastic at home, suffered a bit on the road.

- 14,125 total passes as a team.

- Playing in London i'm sure weather had some affect on this tactic. It was raining in many of the games.

- In a handfull of the away games Tactic entered 2nd half with a 2 goal lead only to have it end in a draw.

- Good job to the author.

Last edited:
Tata Martino's Barcelona by Linuxe

View attachment 455430View attachment 455429View attachment 455428View attachment 455427View attachment 455426View attachment 455425View attachment 455424

My Notes:
- Original tactic included "Short Corner Exploit". I removed it prior to testing.

- Fantastic at home and pretty good away as well.

- 15,152 total passes as a team.

- Playing in London i'm sure weather had some affect on this tactic. It was raining in many of the games.

- The front 5 played very well together as you can see by their stats with the Messi role providing most of the fire power.

- Good job to the author.

- This tactic needs more love!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Hi mate, well done with the project. THIS IS exactly what people want me to do. I simply couldnt make the database. :mad:
I'm always been a fan of this kind of work. So you bet I'll be a follower to this thread.
Is it possible to share your database? I PROMISE I wont use it in my project. Just wanna see how you made it.

Few questions:
- So you are testing ONE tactic in each season, correct?
- How long does it take for you?

Thanks mate. I'm a fan. :)

Hi mate, well done with the project. THIS IS exactly what people want me to do. I simply couldnt make the database. :mad:
I'm always been a fan of this kind of work. So you bet I'll be a follower to this thread.
Is it possible to share your database? I PROMISE I wont use it in my project. Just wanna see how you made it.

Few questions:

Hey Bro! Yes I test one tactic per season. It tests to see how it does vs CPU. There is a need for your method as well. Im not sure how long it takes me but it goes quicker than you think..cause I load only 2,000 players in the database so it processes real fast!

Great thread, I am anxiously waiting for the final results.

Have been making at least 20 different tactics with mixed results, eventually winning titles and getting sacked. So I really need a top plug-and-play to get me into the rhythm...

Good luck with the rest!

Different 451 Tactic with Success by andrichbrand

View attachment 455321View attachment 455320View attachment 455319View attachment 455318View attachment 455317View attachment 455316View attachment 455315

My Notes:
- Asterick in TTL Table indicates that it wasn't tested 100% correctly. Reason being that it took 31 friendlies and 3 League Games to get this tactic fully fluid. One could assume the results of those 3 games could have been different.

- Tactic is lacking offensively but real solid at the back.

- If you love 1-0 wins than this one's for you! :)

- Good job by the author.

Last edited:
Thanks for the testing. Defense is good need to work on my attacking play. :D

Last edited:
Nice Job Mate !!

Can you put a screen of goal type ? and tactic ?

Nice to see your testing them again, enjoyed viewing your posts from last year. I've sent you a PM if you could test mine. Many thanks.

Last edited:
Nice Job Mate !!

Can you put a screen of goal type ? and tactic ?

Tactic you can view yourself by clicking on the tactics name in their individual posts as it will take you to the authors page.

Sure I'll start to include goal types screenie.

Last edited:

Few questions:

I had an issue trying to make the database similar to above. Basically the Test and Nation Valid rules all come back good. Yet when i go to start it in the game. It just crashes when setting up database. Rather annoying that's for sure. I cant see why its coming back with errors.

Thanks a lot for the database mate! Just got it..
I'm currently trying something different with my project. Trying to run the tactics on the Skrill league teams now.
Will go with it for few rounds until I get bored. When I do, we will discuss about the collaboration. :)

Will do Zero Sea! I was in the middle of testing your 343 and I was at the half-way point, the tactic was in 1st w/ 33pts on pace for 66 pts!!! Then I lost power in my house for like 3 seconds and of course I had not saved any of the work so I have to start over anyways and will test the 4231 next.

Will do Zero Sea! I was in the middle of testing your 343 and I was at the half-way point, the tactic was in 1st w/ 33pts on pace for 66 pts!!! Then I lost power in my house for like 3 seconds and of course I had not saved any of the work so I have to start over anyways and will test the 4231 next.
Thank you
My tactics do not belong a tactical "System" or tactical combo
They are different tactics, but use the same philosophy

Last edited:

'Under Pressure' tactic (EPL Win with Everton 1st Season) by Chrissy Dude

View attachment 454164View attachment 454163View attachment 454162View attachment 454161View attachment 454160View attachment 454159View attachment 454158View attachment 454157

- What a weird season this tactic had

- somehow won the league with only 50pts.

- at the halfway mark was on pace to break TTL records then the 2nd half happened (see screenshot)

Last edited: