Mantorras77's Tactic Testing League

again, I CAN GUARANTEE you if the tactic had done great on my test and I posted on your thread that it had done great you wouldn't be crying like a little *****

can we just move on now whats done is done

how would i go about setting up a league like this to test some tactics?

I download the database, so that I can test and work on my tactics, to get it better. He did not up managers in, when I tried it yesterday. some great managers went to the other testing team and I is great, cause then you play against the best coaches. The managers usually play 4231.

Hope that helped.

Yea exactly! I'm always seeing the test tactic going up against the best managers in the game. Yea you go up against the 4231, 352, 442, I've seen a team even go all Conte style on me.

Zero Sea's Rage 100℃ Real 343R (v3) by Zero Sea

View attachment 421357View attachment 421359View attachment 421361View attachment 421364View attachment 421367View attachment 421370View attachment 421371

My Notes:
- Original tactic included "Short Corner Exploit". I removed it prior to testing.
- and down goes Tata Martino's Barcelona
- took constructive criticism as v2 didn't fair so well. Came back with v3 and now sits on top!
- superb tactic! Great job Zero Sea
Wow done amazigly well and i wondered if i could have the data file so i could test some tactics or if not could you test Nezza Original 433 with 2 CM?s instead of 2 B2B, The Crewe Tactic and this one from FMKorea View attachment 453817

Last edited:
again, I CAN GUARANTEE you if the tactic had done great on my test and I posted on your thread that it had done great you wouldn't be crying like a little *****

'Crying like a little *****'. So you have went from apologising to now stating insults.
I have over-reacted initially and for that I apologise. However, I’ll not respond to the insult but I will try and explain why I am a bit miffed in a more defined way if that is permisssable.
Oh and If you want to do a realistic simulation of results you need to really include the following;
- Do not test under conditions where the ***.Man is basically the manager, as then you get warped results for team talks etc, than you would if a human player was consistently taking an approach
- Accept some tactics have variables unique to them. I.e. IF a tactic is using the concept of pressure it is more important to sub players due to condition than performance and switching from attacking to a control strategy mid-game may be advised to hold a lead etc. Just one example. Relying on the AI means its just plug and play. If you do that, then any tactic that has players pressing and hassling will suffer near the end of games, when realistically, amendments would be made by a human player.
- Opposition instructions, again – some tactics may have specific instructions.
- Players, if automatically assigned by the ***. Man, will play the wrong players purely based on the player roles. For example , If a player has an attacking tactic with a similar mentality but has a winger say as defensive, the ***.man will pick a more defensive player, when in reality a more attacking player is beneficial to the tactic. For my Norwich testing the assistant for example would pick Martin Olsson as the AML every game if I let him, whereas Snodgrass was the better choice. Again, if you take the human element out of it and common sense and rely upon the ***.man, then it will make decisions based on the programming not what is best to exploit it.
Team talks play a huge part. I understand that your creating a level playing field of sorts by leaving it up to the *** man, but there is a specific way to get a response when your losing for example that the ***.man won’t undertake but what a human would.
The rest of the factors variables you’ve included (i.e. neutralising injuries and moral) are excellent concepts for testing. However, your reliance on the ***.man is why I feel the testbed is not representative.
FM has moved on from purely being about great tactics or good players. There are a host of variables that can have a profound affect. You have met some of those with this form of testing but I feel it can be improved upon. I understand you can’t micromanage everything, but to be honest in player roles etc, tactics and live and die by selections made.
I also feel, for the average punter downloading tactics, that seeing results on the individual tactic threads is a more useful guide. These threads normally have excellent Opening Posts with detailed analysis and can really help a player. These threads, the batch testing ones, are good for at least pointing folk in the right direction.
I again apologise for chimping out. I appreciate I am in the wrong in terms of the extent of my “strop”. However, your conduct was misleading in representing I had requested a tactic tested and there was no need for your comment on the thread. You have apologised as I have as well, so lets draw a line under it. I hope this post explains my frustrations a bit better and lets just put your “crying like a *****” comment down to you having a “moment” as well.

'Crying like a little *****'. So you have went from apologising to now stating insults.
I have over-reacted initially and for that I apologise. However, I’ll not respond to the insult but I will try and explain why I am a bit miffed in a more defined way if that is permisssable.
Oh and If you want to do a realistic simulation of results you need to really include the following;
- Do not test under conditions where the ***.Man is basically the manager, as then you get warped results for team talks etc, than you would if a human player was consistently taking an approach
- Accept some tactics have variables unique to them. I.e. IF a tactic is using the concept of pressure it is more important to sub players due to condition than performance and switching from attacking to a control strategy mid-game may be advised to hold a lead etc. Just one example. Relying on the AI means its just plug and play. If you do that, then any tactic that has players pressing and hassling will suffer near the end of games, when realistically, amendments would be made by a human player.
- Opposition instructions, again – some tactics may have specific instructions.
- Players, if automatically assigned by the ***. Man, will play the wrong players purely based on the player roles. For example , If a player has an attacking tactic with a similar mentality but has a winger say as defensive, the ***.man will pick a more defensive player, when in reality a more attacking player is beneficial to the tactic. For my Norwich testing the assistant for example would pick Martin Olsson as the AML every game if I let him, whereas Snodgrass was the better choice. Again, if you take the human element out of it and common sense and rely upon the ***.man, then it will make decisions based on the programming not what is best to exploit it.
Team talks play a huge part. I understand that your creating a level playing field of sorts by leaving it up to the *** man, but there is a specific way to get a response when your losing for example that the ***.man won’t undertake but what a human would.
The rest of the factors variables you’ve included (i.e. neutralising injuries and moral) are excellent concepts for testing. However, your reliance on the ***.man is why I feel the testbed is not representative.
FM has moved on from purely being about great tactics or good players. There are a host of variables that can have a profound affect. You have met some of those with this form of testing but I feel it can be improved upon. I understand you can’t micromanage everything, but to be honest in player roles etc, tactics and live and die by selections made.
I also feel, for the average punter downloading tactics, that seeing results on the individual tactic threads is a more useful guide. These threads normally have excellent Opening Posts with detailed analysis and can really help a player. These threads, the batch testing ones, are good for at least pointing folk in the right direction.
I again apologise for chimping out. I appreciate I am in the wrong in terms of the extent of my “strop”. However, your conduct was misleading in representing I had requested a tactic tested and there was no need for your comment on the thread. You have apologised as I have as well, so lets draw a line under it. I hope this post explains my frustrations a bit better and lets just put your “crying like a *****” comment down to you having a “moment” as well.

Finally!!! Now we can talk like "grown-ups" here! :)

- In my Test the only 2 things the ***-Man does is team-talks and OI's (only if tactic requires it) the *** Man has an 18 for Motivating and Tactical Knowledge.

- Yes I understand what you're saying about the "subs" and the stamina but this is how this test was ran last year and how It will be done again this year. I make it perfectly clear in the OP that it isn't perfect but it provides a nice base-line and it does exactly as advertised.

- If some tactics rely on specific OI's then I "try" to avoid doing those tactics because of exactly that.

- The *** Man doesn't choose the team, I do. Again, all player's have equal attributes across the board so it doesn't really matter. The starting 11 in game 1 starts every game as I eliminate injuries.

- Every tactic I test, i try to add a direct-download to the tactic itself on the table in the OP. Every tactic then gets its own post on here with detailed results of the test including a direct link to the authors thread for that tactic so everyone can get all the info you're referring to.

- You know as well as I do that a lot of the FM community look for the "plug and play" tactics. Its the truth. I make it clear in my OP that my results do not represent what the user will experience good or bad.

- I chose your tactic not because I wanted to attack you but because you're good at what you do. Your thread was rocking, a lot of people were having success and so I said to myself i gotta try this guy's tactic out cause he's killing it. Take it as a compliment not an attack. I admit what I did was wrong. Lesson learned, trust me! If I had the ability to do what you do then I wouldn't need a thread like mine! :)

- the whole purpose of my thread is to help the poeple like myself who come on here looking for tactics that they can plug and play and start from there. A lot of great tacticians on here create tactics exactly for that. Then there are other great tacticians on here that delve into the other side of tactics based on real-life theory's and super micro-manage every game they play. There's room for both in this great community.

- There's a post on here too regarding your tactic and if you read it you'll see that I didn't rubbish it at all.

- and don't leave FM-BASE because of something as stupid as this, not worth it. :) You have too many disciples on here bro.

--PEACE--

No disrespect to the other guy, but Mantorras dont get involved with peoples bad reactions. You got a very promising Tactic Testing page here, it would be a shame to see it littered with conflicts rather than results and tactical discussion

No disrespect to the other guy, but Mantorras dont get involved with peoples bad reactions. You got a very promising Tactic Testing page here, it would be a shame to see it littered with conflicts rather than results and tactical discussion

it's all good! We're cool! ^^)

The results of my V2 makes me sad

but it also prompted me to improve my tactics

View attachment 421357View attachment 421359View attachment 421361View attachment 421364View attachment 421367View attachment 421370View attachment 421371

My Notes:
- Original tactic included "Short Corner Exploit". I removed it prior to testing.
- took constructive criticism as v2 didn't fair so well. Came back with v3 and now sits on top!

Well done Zero Sea!
I'm currently testing your 424 V3, sitting top of the league ATM. Keep it up mate!
You sure did improve a lot in the V3 release.

Well done Zero Sea!
I'm currently testing your 424 V3, sitting top of the league ATM. Keep it up mate!
You sure did improve a lot in the V3 release.

Thanks!

Luck is also very important

I just changed a little in V3
But I did a lot of testing and spend a lot of time.

My 343 is a powerful tactic,but need enough good DC and ST

Last edited:
I hope that this type of testing can be more and more.

Because the authors of tactics aren't able to cheat.

If you know how to use editor to edit data, then i can advise you to change the 7 teams to Barcelona, Real Madrid, Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Bayern Munich.
Change all the attribute of the players to 15-18.
By doing so, you will find it more interesting.

I'm worried about you such testing would be very boring in the future

If you know how to use editor to edit data, then i can advise you to change the 7 teams to Barcelona, Real Madrid, Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Bayern Munich.
Change all the attribute of the players to 15-18.
By doing so, you will find it more interesting.

I'm worried about you such testing would be very boring

it works fine just as is :)

My Notes:

smashed it mate, well done.

Can i have the save to test some of my own tactics? or do you know anywhere were i can learn how to make my own league and test tactics