galego25

Reaction score

I wasn't planning on releasing this tactic, but it seems that a lot of people are disappointed with FM14 and are back at playing FM13. It wasn't released before because when I finished tweaking it and was completely happy with it, FM14 was already out.

Anyway, to the tactic: it's a 3-1-4-2 designed with only one goal: score the most goals possible. I have played FM13 with a lot of tactics, and haven't found one that scores as many goals as this, including my personal FM13 record: 179 goals with Barcelona in 2022/23.

It hasn't been tested with small teams, but if you have a good team, then this tactic is sure to bring you success.

Formation:

Bayern First Season
:

Chelsea First Season
:

Barcelona 2022/23 Season
:

TACTIC DOWNLOAD:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zbj3ygtrbihwdk2/Marcelo_3-1-4-2.tac

General Information:

- All player and team instructions are tweaked to the minimum detail, so changing players roles/duties or team style/strategy will have no effect at all;

- Obviously the strikers are the top scorers, but the midfielders will score a lot too. In fact every player in your team will score.

- No OIs, pitch size standart/big, match preparation attacking movement.

Feel free to ask anything and to leave your feedback.

Enjoy

Last edited:
Finally a new tactic for FM 2013. Could you test this with an underdog team like Celta, WBA ? Are you Brazilian ?

Finally a new tactic for FM 2013. Could you test this with an underdog team like Celta, WBA ? Are you Brazilian ?
Yes, I am. Sorry, but I will not be testing it with any other team, at least not for now, I'm currently enjoying a FM14 save. I wasn't even going to upload it at this point, but it seems a lot of people are still playing FM13 and some have privately asked me to, so here it is. But give it a try, if you like attacking tactics I think you won't be disapointed.

I like the fact that it is not just attacking! it seems to have a really good defense too! At the moment I'm playing with norwich first season, using mr langvatns 4-5-1 tripletweak. I'm thinking about letting the team learn your tactic first until its full fluid and test it then.

Edit: what players are needed? should I just have a look at the used player roles?

Honesty guys this tactic is the ****** mutts nuts!

It is a beast going forward & solid defensively! This is my new favourite tactic from FM13!

ruudvanwarren: which team are you playing with? I started using the tactic with norwich in first season, no transfers. at the moment I'm in january and doing well. I'm going to post some screens later!

Edit: what players are needed? should I just have a look at the used player roles?

The roles used are a good indication, but feel free to try different kinds of players. On one of my saves I had a more defensive winger on the right and a very flamboyant inside forward on the left, and it worked very well.

I have 1 quick question. Is it possible to make a typical 3-5-2 (like your tactic but DM pushed up to MC) to function identical to this? Or pushing DM up is going to ruin everything?

I will test your tactic with a bottom league team.

Last edited:
I have 1 quick question. Is it possible to make a typical 3-5-2 (like your tactic but DM pushed up to MC) to function identical to this? Or pushing DM up is going to ruin everything?

I will test your tactic with a bottom league team.

If you move the DMC to MC you would probably have to change his instructions to make him much more defensive, but I don't think it would work as good. At the DMC position he plays like I want him to, both in attack and defense.

I'm very pleased with your tactic. Managing a bottom league team in Indonesia. My squad is very poorly technical but their strength is physical attributes. I only have 2 players in this squad that has technical attributes that are 11+ which are my central DC and one of MC (+13 long shot and +11 heading). ****, my STs' best technical atrributes aren't higher than 7.

Media Prediction= 7th place in this group.

View attachment 391669

Naturally, the 2 teams that I lost to...both 0-1 result against 1st and 3rd place teams. So far, defeating all other teams after these # of games.

I'm very pleased with your tactic. Managing a bottom league team in Indonesia. My squad is very poorly technical but their strength is physical attributes. I only have 2 players in this squad that has technical attributes that are 11+ which are my central DC and one of MC (+13 long shot and +11 heading). ****, my STs' best technical atrributes aren't higher than 7.

Media Prediction= 7th place in this group.

View attachment 562626

Naturally, the 2 teams that I lost to...both 0-1 result against 1st and 3rd place teams. So far, defeating all other teams after these # of games.

I'm glad it's working well for you, even with a lower team. I developed it using big teams, but I'm very confident that it can do well at any level.

This is a very good tactic and I applaud the creator of it. When I saw this thread I thought I would start a new save with Burton in the NPL 2. Media prediction was 17th.

View attachment 391447

This is a very good tactic and I applaud the creator of it. When I saw this thread I thought I would start a new save with Burton in the NPL 2. Media prediction was 17th.

View attachment 563222

Thank you for posting your results. It seems that it really works well at any level. It's a pity that I only came up with this tactic after FM14 was out...

Hey! I can't get it to work with manu :( What do you set your training to? Balance?

Hey! I can't get it to work with manu :( What do you set your training to? Balance?

I use "team cohesion" on "average" and "teamwork" on 30% until my players reach "willing to die for each other" status. As soon as they do, I change to "balanced" on "average" and "attacking movement" on 30%.

Give the tactic some time, there is no reason for it not to work with Man Utd.