Balanced on high & attacking positioning...& watch it go!!!
same here!
lost in 1/4 of CL my best guy has like 125 current lol vs man utd 6-2 agg lost (won 2-0 first leg got trashed 6-0 away) won the league and cup again even though the league was quite disappointing as my squad is not big enough so had to play my 2nd team in most games in order to rest them for the CL games.. won it with 67 pts (same as Legia) so just won because of my head to head confrontation as well as my goal difference was much higher.. beat lech in the final of cup 2-1 aet (was a man down after 75 minutes too)

just promoted from L1, predicted to finish 21st, started to use this tactic from november (that lost was against derby in august), the main transfer is only a free young german midfielder, a loanee from portuguesa (striker), and will packwood.
View attachment 385864

interested to see what will happen in prem, predicted to finish 20th though..

4th season in Prem with Burton and predicted to finish in 12th place. So was still mid table and if could have turned one draw into a win............. This is as I say before an amazing tactic and was not expecting to achieve what I have with limited resources.

View attachment 385575

i have tried this tactic with ajax, but you said nothing about the player roles, what kind of players do you need on the wings? wingers our fullbacks? our the midfield? box to box our attacking? hope you can inform me
i have to say its very solid at the back

i have tried this tactic with ajax, but you said nothing about the player roles, what kind of players do you need on the wings? wingers our fullbacks? our the midfield? box to box our attacking? hope you can inform me
i have to say its very solid at the back

See post #11. I've had success using different combinations of players in these positions, feel free to experiment.

The Transfers
View attachment 379715

The Result
View attachment 379714

The Best XI
View attachment 379713

Sadly, this tactic has 2 weak part on my save:
1. Consistency. In December, I play against Arsenal, Reading, and then City. Held Arsenal 0-0, but lost to Reading 1-2, and somehow won against City 2-1. All with the same lineup (good morale & fitness).

2. The tactic just won't work with the national team. Although Algeria is a pretty good team (in Africa), we just can't beat Uganda, Zimbabwe, etc. and repeatedly smashed on counters.

Loaded up FM13 again.

God I love the consistency of the match engine. With the odd exception you win games you should win and lose games you should lose and the opposition strikers don't all turn into Leo Messi when they play you (as on FM14 when they easily score 75-100% of their shots on target)

Marcelo this tactic on my long term save is unstoppable. Walking almost every league I try it and unbeaten in 5 years with the England national team. Won 2 Confed Cups, one Euros and one World Cup (I'm in 2145 on FM14 and yet to win a single World Cup! Few runners ups as the opposition develop the Messi-striker syndrome)

View attachment 374275
View attachment 374276

This tactic is great, isn't it? (H)

I haven't played FM for a month now, but when I come back (and I will), perhaps I will also return to FM13 instead of FM14...

Hi, is it possible to have a 4-1-4-1 tactic based on this? or a 4-1-2-2-1?

I tried new tactics for fm13 on here and have to say THIS is the best of the best. Home or away is simple amazing. Pretty defence,nice possesion sometimes,infernal atack,not only counter-atack.

This tactic looks to perform amazing due to the screenshots shown, but even better is the player roles used seems to be all my favourite roles. I haven't tried this yet obviously due to my own tactic and thread, but I will try it I just need to decide who with.

This screenshot took my breath away

Barcelona

Thats something to envy, if we look at the goal difference 179-13 - 1 defeat though, but I guess with a performance like this its hard to argue against it.

From what I have seen from other peoples screenshots this is a genius tactic for all team, and if you have decent players you will succeed, but even better if you have a world class team you score between 140-200 goals in the league just. This I doubt my own tactic can do though I got 1 point more than this 110 points also barcelona

I'm thinking to use this for atleast a season with my Barcelona stars just to see what sort of achievement I can reach with your Tactic Gallego.

Congratulations with this tactic, I love how it all looks, big props

cheers

Alright I couldn't wait testing this tactic and I actually had already decided to use my own tactic playing France in the world cup, in my current save I don't have any real good CM/AM types who are good at dribbling so the players called up for France was mainly DM/MC types but looking more thoroughly at the players they are more deeplaying playmaker types, so would fit badly in marcelo's high reputation tactic. I decided too use Marcelo's tactic anyway and I was very sceptical becourse of my midfield problem and ofcourse the fact that France aren't fluid in the tactic, this happened!

2nd match in the Group VS Argentina
View attachment 362047

An absolutely positive and unexpected surprise to beat Argentina 4-1 but even better was the way it happened, a brilliant corner kick setup led to several goals, and I thought the lurk outside area with 5-6 players was the way too go, but this proved me wrong. The passing was exellent and with a much better team I can see destruction happening. The negative for me is the amount of chances created compared to my own tactic, but I think that will improve with a great team so I'm not really negative about that, I can say the chances that France did have made them look extremely dangerous. So for a first shot on this tactic I will call it very promising, oh and yeah the left winger was a wingback cause I expected to play with wingbacks from my own tactic, however I did have a world class winger on the right becourse my tactic can play with wingers too, but this was exellent, I can't wait to test it further it looked really good.

This tactic looks to perform amazing due to the screenshots shown, but even better is the player roles used seems to be all my favourite roles. I haven't tried this yet obviously due to my own tactic and thread, but I will try it I just need to decide who with.

This screenshot took my breath away

Barcelona

Thats something to envy, if we look at the goal difference 179-13 - 1 defeat though, but I guess with a performance like this its hard to argue against it.

From what I have seen from other peoples screenshots this is a genius tactic for all team, and if you have decent players you will succeed, but even better if you have a world class team you score between 140-200 goals in the league just. This I doubt my own tactic can do though I got 1 point more than this 110 points also barcelona

I'm thinking to use this for atleast a season with my Barcelona stars just to see what sort of achievement I can reach with your Tactic Gallego.

Congratulations with this tactic, I love how it all looks, big props

cheers

Thanks jesaustralia, I played a lot of FM13, tried a lot of tactics posted here and in other forums, and this one always brought me amazing results. I don't think I can improve it anymore.

About the roles used, they are not exactly true, because all individual player instructions are tweaked to the minimum detail, but they are a good indication of what each player is supposed to do.

And I'm glad that the tactic brought you a good result against Argentina, but I think it's harder to judge a tactic in international football, because of the lack of team cohesion and difficulty to motivate players. Try a season with a club if you can.

cheers

Thanks jesaustralia, I played a lot of FM13, tried a lot of tactics posted here and in other forums, and this one always brought me amazing results. I don't think I can improve it anymore.

About the roles used, they are not exactly true, because all individual player instructions are tweaked to the minimum detail, but they are a good indication of what each player is supposed to do.

And I'm glad that the tactic brought you a good result against Argentina, but I think it's harder to judge a tactic in international football, because of the lack of team cohesion and difficulty to motivate players. Try a season with a club if you can.

cheers

Yea I agree its to difficult to judge in internationals, but you can see a fine line what the potential of the tactic can bring like the image I'm about to post.

Check Image Below - Start using it VS.Argentina and became more and more fluid
View attachment 361906

Its the first time I have achieved a World Championship I think in any FM series and my team wasn't all spectacular, infact my star striker got injured before the world cup and I had to recall someone else who then became the topscorer with 8 goals.
I have tried other famous tactics on international duty but none of them have done it with your tactcs ease. You get a feeling that you are in control and can beat opponent even if they are called England - Italy - Argentina etc. So if this is a drawed line that shows potential of the tactic, I can imagine incredible stuff with a team full of superstars like your Barcelona team example or like my own Barca team that is already fluid in your tactic in preeseason still. So yes I will give it a swing and abandon my own tactic for atleast a season.

What surprised me with France was the 2 attacking CM's your slider had them on dribling often and I didn't have those sort of type my players were more strong deeplaying playmaker types so not capable of dribling, but still succeeding, I can imagine with CM/AM type complete strikers with flair this position will become even more dangerous.

Last edited: