mario's tactical domination 3-4-2-1 xmas tree winning CL and dominating league!

• Thread starter Thread starter mariosharp
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 80
  • Views Views 49K
Played the 2013/14 season using these three tactics with Newcastle United. I always started on the original tactic, and only switched with 20 minutes to go to either the more offensive (if I needed a goal to win) or defensive (if I was already winning). Used your recommendations for pre-season training, then turned to Balanced (Average) and Defensive Positioning at 30% for the rest of the season. I didn't make any signings in the Summer window and made three during the Winter to help the squad, but no real World Class individuals purchased (Siem De Jong, Yoann Gourcuff and Victor Ruiz). I'm happy somebody has finally replicated Walter Mazzarri's Napoli side on Football Manager because I loved the way that side played. Even better that this tactic was so successful, and it wasn't completely fluid at the end of the season either. I was unbeaten during the 2nd half of the season in the league after I made those signings to boost my squad, and only finished 1 point behind Liverpool. Great job man. :D

View attachment 628825View attachment 628827

Do you use Oi leave to *** man?

Seems a good tactic based on the number of CCC created, just not getting the results as good old FM14 just lets you create chance after chance but constantly miss. Might as well put (enter team name) fail to make chances pay after every game.

This tactic looks great, I'll give it a go with my St. Pauli team next season. Does the PPM Plays One-Twos make that much of a difference cos if it does I'll teach it to some of my attacking players.

Brilliant OP. Downloaded. Will give this a go over the weekend when I have more time.

won the league with monaco and now using this on my long term zenit save really nice football, well done.

I can not see the offensive and defensive tactic. Where is the third one?

will give it a go with Hull in an online save will have to sell all my wingers but no big issue

I can not see the offensive and defensive tactic. Where is the third one?

IN THE OPENING POST

"Download link added for anyone who wants to try:

its a mariolicious xmas tree 3-4-2-1.tac - Speedy Share - upload your files here

its a mariolicious xmas tree 3-4-2-1

Let me know how you get on!

Offensive version:

Its a mariolicious xmas tree offensive

Defensive version:

its a mariolicious xmas tree defensive

Started one with Watford last night. Cracking tactic, great football as well. Troy Deeney has 7 in 4. Only half fluid as well.

Such a shame that this tactic have such a low place in Ultimate Testing's table. I had very good results with it.

It's one of those tactics that won't work instantly, but when it does it's amazing. Needs the right players etc.

finished 4th with stoke in first season with this signed 4-5 players, wing backs have a lot of chances to score, would almost say if you can get to a winger early enough make him a wing back and it would be more effective, Bale would be good also Bernat in Spain would be awesome

Gonna give it a go with a lower league team :)

Will let you know how I get on this tactic should have more attention

Back