mario's tactical domination 3-4-2-1 xmas tree winning CL and dominating league!

do you guys use only one of the tactics or all 3?

before a match i only use attacking if i am a big favourite and tend to only use defense away from home against the "big boys" who i think could give me some trouble i mainly stick with control. During the match if i have a slender lead and we look tired or too players look complacent i switch to defense if i need a goal i will go into attack mode then re-evaluate if i get the goal i need

I use all three, it depends on the situation.

Home games: If I'm the favourite, I start with the attacking version and switch to control once I take the lead. If I'm the underdog then I start with control instead and if I'm winning in possession at half time, I switch to attack until I take the lead.

Away games: Always start with control, but if I'm winning possession at half time and I don't have the lead, then I switch to attack until I do.

I switch to the defensive version at around 75 minutes if I'm only 1 goal ahead to reduce the chance that I concede a late game equalizer, no matter if I'm at home or away.

Just about to start my fourth season with PSG using this tactic and it's still working great. I've won the treble 3 times in a row and I only lost two games in total last season. One of them was against Man City in the Champions League final (Verratti own goal cost me that game...).

Last edited:
seems like a real deal. going to give it a try with MU although they don't play UCL this season (in LFC Marshall update). This condition made me lost my key targets like Angel Correa and Doria :(

I don't think the training makes that much difference to the tactic, but this is how I set up mine (after the tactic is fully fluid):

View attachment 348985

I just follow my scout's recommendation on match training and I set the player's individual training to whatever role they're going to be playing. You will probably have to train your full backs to wing backs because there's a severe lack of good, natural wing backs in the game.

I don't think the training makes that much difference to the tactic, but this is how I set up mine (after the tactic is fully fluid):

View attachment 660306

I just follow my scout's recommendation on match training and I set the player's individual training to whatever role they're going to be playing. You will probably have to train your full backs to wing backs because there's a severe lack of good, natural wing backs in the game.

cheers, im forever training wing backs in this game! ha!

I like this tactic but after 10 games using it with my Partizan Beograd side, it looks like it's not creating a lot of chances, and we don't score a lot of goals.

Very strong defensively though.

I have played x1 season with this tactic as Chelsea, Won the league by some margin, lost FA cup final and CL semi final on away goals, other than that very impressed, Cech won Golden Glove as well.

Gunna try into 2nd season and hope it remains top notch.

I have played x1 season with this tactic as Chelsea, Won the league by some margin, lost FA cup final and CL semi final on away goals, other than that very impressed, Cech won Golden Glove as well.

Gunna try into 2nd season and hope it remains top notch.

No problems for scoring goals or having CCC ?

I haven't really had a major problems in scoring goals or creating chances, although there are some games where I waste most of my chances. I do have a very strong team though, so that's definitely a contributing factor. Are you just not creating any chances or are they being wasted? Are you winning in possession? In most games I have like 55-65% possession.

I have often something like 15 shots, 4 shots on goal.
it wasn't like that at all before i change to this tactic.

I found that after i changed the AM's/AF player roles to shoot less often, i was creating more CCC's.

Also, try adding the Work Ball into Box team instruction. Those two things should help you get more shots on target.

Perfect,
Thank you guys for your advices. ;)

Strange, I have never suffered from a massive drop in performance after the first season when I used this tactic. Even when I tested with Newcastle which have a decent but not amazing squad, I won the league in the first season and in the second season I finished third and also won the FA Cup.

Last edited:
great tactic very solid any suggestion for improve offensive side???