Marseille Vs. Manchester United 23rd

What will the result be in the first Leg on the 23rd?

• Marseille

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Manchester United

Votes: 26 52.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Happened last time i posted post match interview ;)

Nice OP.

Marseille 1 - 3 United

United will win comfortably.

Happened last time i posted post match interview ;)

I wasn't offended. I just felt it was a little pointless to blow your own trumpet as it were, but oh well.

Anyway, hope Marseille can ****** a draw at home, both sides have injury worries though and I fear this game may not be all that exciting for some reason, not sure why.

Man Utd will go through, though, i'm sure.

Marseille 1-1 Utd

Utd 2-0 Marseille

Predicted Line Up:

Van Der Sar
Rafael Smalling Vidic Evra
Scholes
Carrick Fletcher
Nani ------------------ Rooney
Berbatov​

Giggs is out injured so he won't be playing. Going for a 1-0 United.

Haha very funny Scholes in the hole dont think so, it will be more likely Fletcher or Carrick there.

Haha very funny Scholes in the hole dont think so, it will be more likely Fletcher or Carrick there.
scholes plays in the hole a lot.

Scholes always plays in the hole usually when he plays in a midfield 3.. He sits back, sprays the passes and just holds back.

When he makes his bursts, Carrick drops and holds the fort.

Hoping Marseille win, but realistically feel Man Utd will win 2 - 1

I don't think Marseille has what it takes to beat Man U.

You see, Marseille's attack have been very poor recently, as they struggled to beat Arles-Avignon who will certainly be relegated from our championship and with injuries of Rémy and Gignac, this will definitely be a tough game for l'OM. So they'll need to remain very vigilant to contain guys like Nani, Rooney, Berbatov ...

Maybe 1-0 or 2-0 for Manchester United

Giggs hasn't travelled.
This is the squad that flew to Marseille:
Goalkeepers: Van der Sar, Kuszczak, Lindegaard; Defenders: Vidic, O'Shea, Brown, Rafael, Fabio, Evra, Smalling; Midfielders: Scholes, Gibson, Nani, Carrick, Fletcher, Bebe, Obertan, Tunnicliffe; Strikers: Rooney, Berbatov, Hernandez, King.

Does anyone know anything about Marseille's left back and how they think he'll deal with Nani?

Does anyone know anything about Marseille's left back and how they think he'll deal with Nani?

Taye Taiwo. Quality left back, but very - very attacking!

It's either him or Heinze.

Taye Taiwo. Quality left back, but very - very attacking!

It's either him or Heinze.
taiwo is their evra, he will look to get forward at every opportunity. i would play nani and rafael to pin him back

taiwo is their evra, he will look to get forward at every opportunity. i would play nani and rafael to pin him back

Been hearing that there's a chance they may play Taiwo on the left wing with Heinze at LB to try and contain Nani.

How do you think that would work for them?

Been hearing that there's a chance they may play Taiwo on the left wing with Heinze at LB to try and contain Nani.

How do you think that would work for them?
mmm it will be a great battle down that flank. if carrick has a good game on that side we can do damage, if not we may get hurt by that pairing.

rafael has the pace to matchagainst taiwo, who isnt two footed, whereas nani is much quicker than henize and can attack in or outside him. advantage us overall on that side

mmm it will be a great battle down that flank. if carrick has a good game on that side we can do damage, if not we may get hurt by that pairing.

rafael has the pace to matchagainst taiwo, who isnt two footed, whereas nani is much quicker than henize and can attack in or outside him. advantage us overall on that side

Good stuff. Apparently their 3 first choice strikers are all out injured (Valbuena, Gignac, Remy) so they shouldn't pose too much of a threat to us offensively. Their midfield is fairly strong, worried about Lucho's creativity. Would have been perfect for Anderson to just close him down and boss him out of it, but he's unavailable so I guess that duty will be down to Fletcher.

Got a feeling Rooney will start on the left wing, meaning we're going to struggle and it's probably going to be a tight game decided by 1 goal.

If Heinze is confirmed as LB, i think Nani will do whatever he wants in the left side because Heinze may be very physical but he also lacks of pace and I don't think there's any way he can handle Nani.

Taiwo may have a lot of athletical abilities (power, speed, agility) but technically he is very weak, he can only work with his left foot and his crosses absolutely suck.