Marseille Vs. Manchester United 23rd

What will the result be in the first Leg on the 23rd?

• Marseille

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Manchester United

Votes: 26 52.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
think gibson played quite good

---------- Post added at 03:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 AM ----------

we really need someone who can penetrate in center midfield anderson was looking good but got injured

oO) have you even seen Silvestre play. Gibson is better than Obertan also IMO.

Clearly you never saw Silvestre play, You dont make nearly 300 appearance for Sir Alex ferguson if you are terrible.

Obertan and Bebe are easily worse in my opinion, and there have been many more in the past. That said, he's not good enough for the first team, but you need back up squad players that don't moan when they're on the bench more often than not

I would rather have Obertan then Gibson, Obertan is at least Quick.

fletcher's job is as a mobile guard-dog, which he did very well, gibson are carrick are supposed to control possession which they failed to do entirely
Failed entirely? We've come away with a decent result, we had more possesion and were probably the better team. I don't think we could have achieved any of that if they were as bad as you're making out.
I'm not saying it wasn't sloppy and that they can't improve but i've seen both gibson and carrick have much worse games than that so the amount of criticism seems harsh.

Lmao he has ruined both my trips to OT though, Only Utd player I have seen score whilst being at the game. It's mega sick :(

2-1 Liverpool - Silvestre,Silvestre! (Not uncluding J.O;Shea's og :p
1-1 Tottenham - Silvestre & Jenas free-kick :wub:

I think I hate him more because of it! And I hate Obertan because his head is shaped similar to Silvestre XD.

Edit: And yeah Gibson on loan to maybe a newly promoted team when they come up - Forest maybe ?

Clearly you never saw Silvestre play, You dont make nearly 300 appearance for Sir Alex ferguson if you are terrible.

Believe me I saw him play! I never rated him. obviously it's just my opinion but if Gibson was the worst player to play in a united jersey then your contradicting yourself because if he truly was terrible he most definately wouldn't have started the CL game tonight or other games..

I would rather have Obertan then Gibson, Obertan is at least Quick.

We really need to improve in the games though, That's 2 games in a row we have been rather poor. And haven't been very good all season just grinded out results alot of the time Granted it doesn't matter how you win games but will need to start playing better if were to get anywere.

Last edited:
I still like Carrick, he hasn't been bad this season (awful last season though)
I thnk he does play better in a 4-4-2 though

Failed entirely? We've come away with a decent result, we had more possesion and were probably the better team. I don't think we could have achieved any of that if they were as bad as you're making out.
I'm not saying it wasn't sloppy and that they can't improve but i've seen both gibson and carrick have much worse games than that so the amount of criticism seems harsh.
this isnt just about one game for me, im talking about the past season and a half, particularly carrick, but they did fail today, honestly given how everyone else played, think how much we would have been had we been able to string a decent set of passes together

who the *** is PIG ??
We need playmaker, and we need it fast. Scholes cant play alone.

Surely a good result, Marseille are good and do well normally vs English sides (Bar us :3 )

Surely a good result, Marseille are good and do well normally vs English sides (Bar us :3 )
could have been better had we been able to string some actual passes together. would have been happy with that at the start, but given the way marseille were so tame, i'm disappointed we didnt take the win. scholes.

could have been better had we been able to string some actual passes together. would have been happy with that at the start, but given the way marseille were so tame, i'm disappointed we didnt take the win. scholes.

I guess, always good to get that away goal. Marseille will go away now knowing one goal could see them through, especially with Lisandro Lopez coming back in, who's a clincial striker.

I guess, always good to get that away goal. Marseille will go away now knowing one goal could see them through, especially with Lisandro Lopez coming back in, who's a clincial striker.
they have a big task, i cant see them getting more than one goal, and we are awesome at home this season. We will play 4-4-2 and ask a lot of questions of them.

this game however shows me we need 3 outfield players (im begin realistic with who we can target)in the summer:

1 either hazard/young
2 jack rodwell
3 stefan defour

they have a big task, i cant see them getting more than one goal, and we are awesome at home this season. We will play 4-4-2 and ask a lot of questions of them.

Just need to get past that Fanni and make him sweat. :$

Gignac may have been bad for most of this season, but recently he has started scoring again due to a change of position. As people have already said, Carrick needs to go and Gibson should go on loan to another EPL club.

Hmmm, what can I say. Great couple of days, love following United in Europe but what a ***** match.

Good result I suppose, confident we can beat them at home.