Marseille Vs. Manchester United 23rd

What will the result be in the first Leg on the 23rd?

• Marseille

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Manchester United

Votes: 26 52.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Doesn't hide the fact that you weren't as good as you could have been, largely due to your highly successful midfield partnership. It wasn't the best match.

Scholes clearly should have started the game
agreed. our issues had little to with the ref, and everything to do with our passing,or lack of it

You always expect United to play much better at home. Only positive really was another clean sheet away in Europe.

******* german ref doesn't give us anything

marseille ******* divers as well -- i admit we weren't at our best i think chicharito should have come on but still this ref

i hope we get a better ref
who cares about the ref, swings and roundabouts. not an excuse for today

I think Gibson to be sold is harsh. He just had a poor game today.

Although Carrick yeah, he's been awful past last and this season.

Because Gibson has been outstanding all season..

Typical European away performance. Expect much better at home. With Scholes introduction we looked more comfortable. We should play 4-4-2 at home and any sort of win is enough.

Oh and our European away record is unmatched by any team. Its like 1 loss in 20 games.

I suppose you're expected to get the majority of decisions when you're at home, but the ref can't really have anything to do with the result. He might not have given many things in Uniteds favour, but neither team really created many chances worth talking about. There was only one where United were playing some good footy, and Nani decides to be a mug and do a fancy flick pass. Why couldnt he just pass the ball normally or take a ****** shot? Idiot.

******* german ref doesn't give us anything

marseille ******* divers as well -- i admit we weren't at our best i think chicharito should have come on but still this ref

i hope we get a better ref

Oh quit complaining. The referee was no excuse for a very poor performance that lacked a lot going forward. Only positive was Smalling's performance at the back.

Marseille weren't great either but showed a bit more attacking intent in my opinion. And I'm not sure why I wanted them to win, but it's always more fun when you choose a team!

I think Gibson needs a good run of games to establish some form and a bit more experience. He has showed signs of quality, but he needs a loan spell at a premiership club in my opinion, otherwise I can't see any potential being fulfilled. I really hope we can offload Carrick though, I've never liked him. I'm sure Anderson would have started had he been fit

I think Gibson needs a good run of games to establish some form and a bit more experience. He has showed signs of quality, but he needs a loan spell at a premiership club in my opinion, otherwise I can't see any potential being fulfilled. I really hope we can offload Carrick though, I've never liked him. I'm sure Anderson would have started had he been fit

All Gibson would do in the Championship is ping them in from 40 yards every week, because the majority of defenders/goalies are *****. Hardly going to help him :p

Just needs a bit of passing practice based on todays performance. Maybe we're not giving enough credit to Marseilles midfield?

Gibson doesn't get enough chances really to be criticised or praised IMO he doesn't get a decent run of games to gain that consistancy. But if he isn't a consistant player in a couple of yours I think he will leave the club for his international career.

All Gibson would do in the Championship is ping them in from 40 yards every week, because the majority of defenders/goalies are *****. Hardly going to help him :p

Just needs a bit of passing practice based on todays performance. Maybe we're not giving enough credit to Marseilles midfield?

That would be why I want to see him on loan in the premiership! :p

To be fair to Marseille, they flooded the midfield and pressed well and high up the field. Perhaps Hernandez may have been a useful introduction to force them the other way. Deschamps is an astute tactician

Last edited:
Gibson and Carrick weren't that bad were they?
Fletcher had the worst passing stats. He gave away the ball 20 times. 60% accuracy. Yet he hasn't been singled out. :/

Fletcher had the worst passing stats. He gave away the ball 20 times. 60% accuracy. Yet he hasn't been singled out. :/
fletcher's job is as a mobile guard-dog, which he did very well, gibson are carrick are supposed to control possession which they failed to do entirely

For me, Fletcher ran a lot and looked interesting, A lot of his mis placed passes where also with attacking intent. He broke forward and looked to win the game. Carrick and Gibson espicially, didnt look up for it, Gibson is single handily the most shicking player to ever wear the Unitd red.

For me, Fletcher ran a lot and looked interesting, A lot of his mis placed passes where also with attacking intent. He broke forward and looked to win the game. Carrick and Gibson espicially, didnt look up for it, Gibson is single handily the most shicking player to ever wear the Unitd red.

oO) have you even seen Silvestre play. Gibson is better than Obertan also IMO.

Obertan and Bebe are easily worse in my opinion, and there have been many more in the past. That said, he's not good enough for the first team, but you need back up squad players that don't moan when they're on the bench more often than not

Last edited:
oO) have you even seen Silvestre play. Gibson is better than Obertan also IMO.
dont knock silvestre, he did a great for us when he went to arsenal

---------- Post added at 03:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 AM ----------

carrick for me should go, gibson should go on a seaon prem loan

Ok result tonight, but United will have them at OT when we'll have Giggsy back

dont knock silvestre, he did a great for us when he went to arsenal

Lmao he has ruined both my trips to OT though, Only Utd player I have seen score whilst being at the game. It's mega sick :(

2-1 Liverpool - Silvestre,Silvestre! (Not uncluding J.O;Shea's og :p
1-1 Tottenham - Silvestre & Jenas free-kick :wub:

I think I hate him more because of it! And I hate Obertan because his head is shaped similar to Silvestre XD.

Edit: And yeah Gibson on loan to maybe a newly promoted team when they come up - Forest maybe ?