Reaction score
Kick-off: 12:45 GMT, 7:45 EST
TV: Sky Sports 2

Streams
Wiziwig
ESPN3 (US only)

-----------------

Liverpool
Reina, Kelly, Enrique, Škrtel, Carragher, Spearing, Adam, Henderson, Downing, Kuyt, Suárez
Subs: Doni, Bellamy, Shelvey, Coates, Flanagan, Maxi, Carroll

Arsenal
Szczęsny, Sagna, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Arteta, Song, Rosický, Walcott, Van Persie, Benayoun
Subs: Diaby, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Fabiański, Jenkinson, Gervinho, Chamakh, Miquel

----------------

Previous fixture
Liverpool won 2-0 at the Emirates earlier this season

Previews
Sky Sports
ESPN Soccernet

Last edited by a moderator:
MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head
  • Liverpool have won just one of the last nine league meetings between the two sides - August's 2-0 victory at the Emirates; six of those nine games ended in draws.
  • Liverpool have not done a league double over Arsenal in a season since 1999-2000.
  • Kenny Dalglish's side are two short of 250 league goals against the Gunners.

Liverpool
  • This will be Kenny Dalglish's 450th top-flight match as a manager - his record with Liverpool, Blackburn and Newcastle stands at W247, D115, L87.
  • Their last two home league games ended in goalless draws, meaning they are still waiting to score their first Premier League goal at Anfield in 2012. They have never drawn three consecutive home games 0-0 in top-flight history.
  • Liverpool are unbeaten at Anfield in the Premier League this season but have won just four of their 12 league home games.
  • The eight league draws they have collected at Anfield this season are more than they recorded in 2009-10 (3) and 2010-11 (4) combined.
  • Only Manchester City have conceded fewer goals (6) at home in the Premier League than Liverpool (8).
  • The Reds have won just two of their last nine league games.
Arsenal
  • Arsenal have scored more goals (53) after 26 games this season than they had at the same stage during the 'Invincibles' season of 2003/04 (51).
  • They are unbeaten in their last four Premier League games.
  • The Gunners have conceded more goals at Anfield (36) than any other away ground in the Premier League.
  • Arsene Wenger's side have scored 18 Premier League goals so far in 2012 - more than any other side.
  • Theo Walcott has now scored 23 league goals for Arsenal - only two English players have scored more for the club during the Premier League era: Paul Merson (28) and Ian Wright (104).
  • Walcott could make his 100th league start.

8-3 to Arsenal I recon.

Sigh, what's with all the penalties when Gerrard doesn't play.

Great dive to win a penalty.

Well done Ches.

Should have added in the OP that only Liverpool and Arsenal fans should post in this thread.

Huh? You've lost me - What does that have to do with it?

You made a silly statement about it being a dive when he had his leg swept.

Huh? You've lost me - What does that have to do with it?

You made a silly statement about it being a dive when he had his leg swept.

Suarez already was on his way in mid air when ches made faintest of touches.

Anyways get in RVPPPPPPPPPPPP...

Last edited:
as usual RVP finds the net. How many teams have actually stopped him scoring in the league this season?

If RVP didn't score a goal it would be back page news now lol. That guy just cannot stop scoring

What a keeper this Szczesny is! Brilliant!

Sent from my HTC Desire

How can Kuyt not score from two yards out amazes me.. I could score that without the £70k p/w wage packet. ):

We've been pretty dominant up until that RVP goal.. Arsenal are poor today. If we fudge this up we just do not deserve 4th place.

How can Kuyt not score from two yards out amazes me.. I could score that without the £70k p/w wage packet. ):

We've been pretty dominant up until that RVP goal.. Arsenal are poor today. If we fudge this up we just do not deserve 4th place.

Agree, Arsenal do not deserve to be level at the moment. Liverpool have been excellent.

Sent from my HTC Desire

That applies to some other teams too tbh. That spot is being handed around like a xmas gift at the moment. Still plenty of games though. Be nice to see LFC back in the CL though-not the same without them