Matt419 - Manager Story (Basically a Man Utd Career)

October 2015 Update

View attachment 217812

We start November with a very tough away game to Swansea. Ki put them ahead after 8 minutes, and I honestly thought we were in for a battering. Luckily after the goal we pulled ourselves together. James Wilson scored the equalizer just after the half hour mark, and Bastian Schweinsteiger grabbed the winner a few minutes before half time.

View attachment 217811

Next we entertained Manchester City at Old Trafford. At this point we were both tied at the top of the table, winning ever game in the league so far. City were currently in first because they seemed to be beating every team by three or four goals. However, we managed to prevent them scoring at all. Martial put us ahead on 12 minutes, then Correa doubled the lead on 62. Martin Demichellis put the game to bed when he got himself sent off in the 80th minute. Honestly, City never really threatened and I am immensely proud with the result.

View attachment 217810

Unfortunately Mata got injured after the match. It was only a short injury, but it meant he would miss our game the following weekend away to West Brom and, more importantly, he'd miss our mid week Champions League tie against Wofsburg. Mata's been key for us this season, and I hate to lose him even for a short while.

View attachment 217809

This was probably my favourite game of this save so far. Wolfsburg went ahead after 5 minutes thrugh a header from Arnold, and honestly they were dominating for the opening fifteen. Then somehow we got a goal back to equalize. Rooney scored an amazing goal from 30 yards out to get his first of the season and draw us level. Then Rooney did it again! Gabriel Barbosa played a wonderful forty yard pass to Rooney, who ran forward and, when the defenders started catching up, blasted it into the top corner from 20 yards. Unfortunately they managed to equalize two minutes later, through Arnold once again. Wolfsburg then went onto lead 4-2 thanks to goals from Schurrle and Calgiluri.

All looked lost at 4-2 in the 81st minute, then we pulled one back! Memphis must have been inspired by Rooney's earlier goals, as he banged one in from 20 yards out. 4-3 with less than ten to go. And then somehow, somehow, in the 91st minute we are defending a corner. We clear it, then go up the other end and Martial slots the ball home! 4-4 in the 91st minute!

View attachment 217807

That goal from Martial could prove to be vital. If they had won they would've been on seven points, with us on three and it would have made it much harder to qualify for the next round Now, if we can beat Wolfsburg at home, we have a great chance.

View attachment 217808

Unfortunately Rooney picks up an injury that puts him out for a month and a half. It's really unfortunate, because in the Wolfsurg game he'd got back into goal scoring form in spectacular fashion, and re-cemented my faith in our captain.

View attachment 217806

Vertonghen picks up a short injury. Shouldn't be a problem as we have Smalling, Jones, Rojo and even Galloway to cover for him.

View attachment 217805

Thankfully an easy game after the Wolfsburg one. We comfortably beat West Brom 3-0. Martial scored from the penalty spot in the first half, and Memphis scored two in the second.

View attachment 217804

And our winning streak in the Premier League comes to an end with a 2-1 loss against Everton at Old Trafford. We went ahead late in the first hlf thanks to Barbosa, but then Baines scored a freekick and Lukaku from a corner in the space of three minutes in the second. We had a few chances after that, but could not put any in.

View attachment 217803

A 3 week injury for Correa. He's not been our best, or most important, player this season but he has been a good rotation option for us, and it's a shame he'll miss a few weeks.

View attachment 217802

The first league table! We sit in first, but only two points ahead of City, five ahead of third place Arsenal. But if Spurs win their game in hand, they'll move to third and only three points behind us. It is still most definitely very tight at the top.

View attachment 217801View attachment 217800

Once again we do well in the monthly awards. Memphis picks up Yong Player of the Month, Martial coming third. I also come third in Manager of the Month Our worst performance in these awards so far this season, but still not bad.​

It's been a good month ! But...you're so unlucky with the inuries. :p

Yeah. Luckily I've not really got a major injury yet. The only big one I've really got is the Rooney one, but to be honest apart from that Wolfsburg game Martial has been far better for me.

Loved the fact that you 've left PAO out (since I am and Olympiakos fan) ! Very unlucky with the injuries though... I start to think that sometime the developers of the game should put an end to this frustrating thing ! So many injuries are unrealistic. Not to mention the fact that so many times after I 've completed my subs one of my players gets injured !

Loved the fact that you 've left PAO out (since I am and Olympiakos fan) ! Very unlucky with the injuries though... I start to think that sometime the developers of the game should put an end to this frustrating thing ! So many injuries are unrealistic. Not to mention the fact that so many times after I 've completed my subs one of my players gets injured !

Yeah, the injuries see, a bit... Off in this game. Like I would say the amount of large injuries I get is the same as previous FM's, but I seem to keep getting these small injuries that are around a week.

November 2015 Update

View attachment 217451
View attachment 217450

We start off November with an absolutely key win over Wolfsburg in the Champions League. Memphis netted two goals late in the first half to give us the win Now we need to beat Lyon away in our next Champions League game, and Juventus beat Wolfsburg and we'll have qualified for the next round.

View attachment 217449

The injuries continue! Luckily this is only another short one, so I don't have to much to complain about.

View attachment 217448

We only managed a draw here unfortunately. Newcastle played very well, Ayoze Perez putting them ahead in the 40th minute. We only equalized through Herrera in the 89th minute to scrape a point.

View attachment 217447

A nice 2-0 win against a top six side, and a good performance with it. Spurs defender Wimmer scored an own goal in the first half and Juan Mata put the game to ed in the second.

View attachment 217446View attachment 217445

Another good win for us and another good performance. Beuvue put Lyon ahead from kick off, but then Sepay scored two in the space of seven minutes in the first half, and fellow winger Gabriel Barbosa killed the game off two minutes after half time. This result means we qualify for the next round, now we have to beat Juventus at Old Trafford to finish top.

View attachment 217444

Another win in November for United, and a completely dominant performance. Wilson and Young put us 2-0 up in 15 minutes, before Okazi pulled one back for Leicester. Benalouanne got sent off in the 44th minute. Wilson and Young grabbed another goal each in the second half, and Shaw got one as well. Finally, Leicester defender Mammana got sent off in the 74th minute, meaning Leicester finished the game with nine men.

View attachment 217442View attachment 217441View attachment 217440

Another good month in the awards for us. Shaw came second in Player of the Month, also coming second behind Memphis Depay in Young Player of the Month. I got second in Manager of the Month.

View attachment 217439

Things are going very well in the league. At the end of November, we sit top and six points clear of second place City. Things are looking good for a title in my first season, but there's still a long way to go.​

You can do it ! You can bring the devils where they belong to the top !!

December 2015 Update

View attachment 217405

First off in December I sign my first long-term contract with the club, keeping me at Manchester United until 2019. I've clearly been impressing this season, and I hope that I can keep on doing just that.

View attachment 217404

And I do continue the good times at United with an easy 2-0 win over Stoke in my first game this month. Ashley Young and Anthony Martial scored within two minutes of each other.

View attachment 217403

Another one of these short injuries... I'm honestly getting sick of them.

View attachment 217402

We play Chelsea away in the 3rd Round of the FA Cup. A very tough game, but I'm quietly confident we can get the better of them. We have already beaten them once this season at Stamford Bridge after all.

View attachment 217401View attachment 217400

We only manage a draw against Juventus, meaning we finish second in the group. We do qualify, but it means we'll be facing tougher opposition in the next round than if we had come first. Wayne Rooney got us off to a great start on 16 minutes, but Juve quickly equalized through Dybala three minutes later, then Mandzukic put them ahead three minutes after that. Rojo rescued the draw on 84 minutes.

View attachment 217399

And another injury! This one is a longer one, and to a key player as well. Barbosa has been good for us this season, and it will certainly make the games without him tougher.

View attachment 217398

This was a terrible result. Watford are doing well, this result moved them up to sixth in the table, but still a disappointing loss. We went 2-0 down in the first half by goals from Ighalo and Diamanti. We forced our way back into the game in the second minute of the second half through Memphis, but Ighalo scored again in the 69th minute to crush our hopes of getting something from this game.

View attachment 217397

Remember when I mentioned tougher opposition after the Juve game? Well we got arguably the toughest opposition we could get in the form of Bayern Munich. I will be incredibly proud if we get through this tie, but as long as we put in a good showing for ourselves I'll be happy.

View attachment 217396

Back to the Premier League, and a comfortable 3-0 win over West Ham. All the goals came in the second half, Obiang scoring an own goal then Memphis and Lingard also scoring.

View attachment 217395

Once again, another one of these short injuries... I'm getting loads of the Is this a bug or perhaps just something that needs tweaking from the beta version to full release?

View attachment 217394

Anyway, back to football. Another home game leads to another comfortable win. Vertonghen and Correa scored in the first half for us, and Vertonghen and Rooney in the second. Jordan Ayew scored for Villa.

View attachment 217379

A slightly tougher game this time away to Crystal Palace, but still another win. Memphis and Mata put us 2-0 up in the first 15 minutes. Schelotto pulled one back for Palace in the second half, but they couldn't find an equalizer.

View attachment 217378View attachment 217377

Yet more injuries. Sigh...

View attachment 217376

This is odd. I played Villa nine days ago in the Premier League, but I'm playing them again. Odd. We didn't play as well this time, only drawing 1-1. Rooney scored for us from a penalty, Sinclair bagged a last minute equalizer for them.

View attachment 217375

Memphis Depay wins the European Golden Boy award, and all I can say is that he deserves it. He's been outstanding for us this season, and still only 20.

View attachment 217374View attachment 217373

To round off his Golden Boy award, Memphis also comes second in the Player of the Month and wins the Young Player of the Month award.

Wow... that was a huge update. Sorry for the size and all the images, but December was a busy month. January is another busy month, so expect a similar sized update for that tomorrow. Apologies for no league table, I was doing this at about midnight on Saturday and it slipped my mind. League tble is back in the January update.

Also, I am currently in mid April at the moment, and approaching the transfer window. Who would you guys suggest to buy/sell? I have been given an absolutely massive transfer budget, so suggest literally anyone and I'll look into them.​

January 2016 Update

View attachment 216366

We start the new year off with an extremely poor result. The teams were evenly matched for most of the game, but Liverpool were just able to finish better than us on the day. Sturridge scored a hattrick for them.

View attachment 216365

We sell Jones to Chelsea for £22m. I do like him, but he wasn't getting the game time for us and was complaining about it. £22m isn't a bad price either.

View attachment 216364

A great result away from home, and forces a replay against a very good Chelsea team. Phil Jones immediately plays against us as well. Kennedy scored for Chelsea in the 69th minute, a total fluke goal, and Martial equalized for us in the 86th

View attachment 216363View attachment 216362

More transfer business. We sell Johnstone to Sheffield United, but the big news is that we sign Jose Mauri from AC Milan. He's already a good midfielder, capable of providing backup and rotation in central midfield, but he's only 19 and has bags of potential. £30m is a lot, but I'm confident it will pay off in the long run.

View attachment 216361

Forget about good in the short term, Mauri is good now! New signing Jose Mauri comes straight into the first team and gets a coal, man of the match performance and completely dominated the middle of the park. I will hold back my excitement as at the end of the day it was just a home game against Sunderland, but very promising signs! Shaw, Rooney and Lingard also scored.

View attachment 216360

A tough game at the Emirates against Arsenal, but the players really turned up and we come away with a 1-0 win. It was close, but we just had that bit better finishing than Arsenal today. Martial scored the one and only goal in the 23rd minute.

View attachment 216359View attachment 216356

Two consecutive home games against Chelsea, and two consecutive 1-0 wins for United. The first game was the FA Cup 3rd Round replay, and we won through a Courtois own goal. The second was in the league, Vertonghen scoring early to get the win and then Phil Jones was sent off late.

View attachment 216358

We play Huddersfield away in the next round of the FA Cup. I'm happy wit the draw, and it should give me a chance to rest a few key players after a very busy and very tough two months.

View attachment 216357

We sign Juan Jesus from Inter for quite cheap to act as our replacement for Jones. I'm happy with the deal as Jesus is a good player Although I'll probably sell him in the summer once McNair comes back from loan, as I feel McNair is ready to step up into the first team.

View attachment 216355

Two weeks out for Shaw... It's really annoying because he's been fantastic this season so far. It's not too long though, and Rojo and Galloway can cover left back while he's out.

View attachment 216354

Our last game of the month is the FA Cup 4th round, and we cruise through. I managed to rest some key players, and give my second choice players a chance. Correa put us 2-0 up in the first half, before Vaughan got a goal back for Huddersfield in the 89th minute. Lingard returned us to a two goal lead in the 92nd minute.

View attachment 216352View attachment 216351View attachment 216350

A few awards at the end of the month. Luke Shaw comes second in the Young Player of the Month award, while Martial comes second in Goal of the Month. I win the Manager of the Month award.

View attachment 216349

Right now we sit comfortably in first, nine pints clear of Arsenal and City. They do both have a game in hand over us, but even if they both win that we're still six points clear. There is still a long way to go, but a title is looking promising.

Sorry for the huge update. The rest of the updates this season are much shorter :D. Thanks for reading, I'll hopefully do February tomorrow :)

Almost! Next update will be out tomorrow evening as I'm away from my laptop for the weekend :)

Something I forgot to mention in my January update. Sold Blind to Hoffenheim for £10m. He wasn't playing. At all. So no point keeping him.

Almost! Next update will be out tomorrow evening as I'm away from my laptop for the weekend :)

Something I forgot to mention in my January update. Sold Blind to Hoffenheim for £10m. He wasn't playing. At all. So no point keeping him.
Do you think Blind has gone down in ability in this years FM? He was one of my best players in my United save last year but like you i hardly played him this time round then sold him in jan.

Do you think Blind has gone down in ability in this years FM? He was one of my best players in my United save last year but like you i hardly played him this time round then sold him in jan.

I think he's gone down a bit, but I still think he's a really solid player. The only reason I didn't play him much was because United have better players than him in his position. In defensive mid you have Bastian and Morgam, and at CB and LB you have players like Rojo, Jones, Smalling, Shaw and (in my save) Vertonghen and now Juan Jesus. So... I really couldn't justify keeping him :D

February 2016 Update

View attachment 214764
An easy FA Cup 5th Round Draw against Derby. Should be an easy win in all honesty, a chance to rest some key players and give second choice players some game time and a chance to impress.

View attachment 214763

A very hard fought game against Norwich. I think there's a small bug in the game though. At one point in the first half the possession over the last five minutes reached 75/25 to Norwich and it locked in like that for the rest of the game and didn't move. Still, we got the win through a 67th minute Correa goal. Not the best performance, but a solid three points.

View attachment 214762

This is a tough injury to swallow. One of our key players out for a month. We do have Correa to slot in as backup but, despite his goal in the last game, he hasn't been performing very well this season, but now is his chance to impress me.

View attachment 214758

Not much to say about this apart from an absolute domination of lowly Bournemouth. Memphis Depay scored two, and January signings Jose Mauri and Juan Jesus also scoring. I'm really liking Mauri so far. He's only 19, but so far has looked comfortable in the games he has played.

View attachment 214761

This was always gong to be a tough game, but I was really hoping fr a win at home, as a win away will be extremely difficult. What's more disappointing is that, for both Bayern's goals, it was poor passing from our back four that allowed Bayern to get back on the goal and score. Lewandowski scored twice for them, Rooney and Barbosa scoring for us.

View attachment 214760

Another injury to another key player. Three weeks with no Memphis will be tough, as he's probably been our best player so far this season. Wit Mata out as well it's really taken some bite out of our attack for the next few games.

View attachment 214759

This result was never in doubt against Championship opposition at Old Trafford. We dominated and Wilson scored two and Lingard one in the first half to grab a comfortable win.

View attachment 214757

However, a comfortable win leads to a difficult sixth round draw Spurs away. Spurs are a good team, but are performing very well this season and are in the Champions League places. This will be tough, but I'm confident.

View attachment 214756

So far the absence of Mata and Memphis hasn't been affecting us as we win 3-0 against Swansea. This was made far easier by Ashley Williams getting sent off in the 54th minute. Before that we were only 1-0 up from Rooney and Swansea were defending well. After they were reduced to ten men though we scored two more, Correa and Shaw scoring in the last fifteen minutes.

View attachment 214755View attachment 214754View attachment 214753

Great month in the awards for us. Memphis picks up Player of the Month, Correa coming third in that while winning Young Player of the Month, an award which Mauri came second in. I won Manager of the Month.

View attachment 214752

Honestly, I'm very confident the title wlil be ours this season. We're nine points clear with eleven games less. We can slip up, but I don't see us slipping up that badly. However, anything can happen in football.​

As a Man Utd fan this is looking amazing, doing what Van Gaal should be doing. Brave decision to sell Jones but seems to be working without him!

As a Man Utd fan this is looking amazing, doing what Van Gaal should be doing. Brave decision to sell Jones but seems to be working without him!

To be honest I wasn't really playing Jones. He was my fourth choice CB behind Smalling, Vertinghen and Rojo and to be honest I think £22m is very good. Especially when I managed to bring Juan Jesus in who's very similar attribute and current ability wise to Jones for £9m less.

And nd the difference between Van Gaal and I is that I like my United teams to play attacking football :D

March 2016 Update

View attachment 213919

So, we're in March. This is the worst month of my career so far. But... no spoilers! First game was away to City. It was a tight game, but they just nicked it at the end. It was disappointing, but to be expected. City are a good team and extremely tough to beat at the Emirates. Sterling scored the one and only gal in the 55th minute.

View attachment 213918

No one absolutely amazing in the youth intake apart from Keogh, but a few players who could be good squad players in the future. In future seasons I will be taking screenshots of our best youth prospects that we get that year.

View attachment 213917

Just like the City game, a very close one away to a top, top side but Bayern just about nicked it in the end through a Lewandowski goal. I'm a bit disappointed, but I don't think losing 3-2 on aggregate to arguably the best team in the world is a bad result at all. In fact, if we just hadn't made those mistakes in the first leg that Bayern scored from, we would've been through. However, we are out so we'll have to wait until next year for a shot at the biggest trophy in club football.

View attachment 213916

A really, really good result for us. Spurs were the better team to be honest, but we grabbed a draw and got a replay. Barbosa put us ahead in the stoppage time of the first half. Diego Rolan scored for Spurs in the 64th minute, and five minutes later Ander Herrera got sent off. Going into the last ten minutes it looked like it would finish 1-1, but in the 84th minute Rolan scored once again for Spurs! I honestly did not see us coming back from this. 2-1 down, away from home, down to ten men and with only five minutes left. I pushed everyone forward, and we got extremely lucky. Barbosa levelled in the 89th minute! Very confident about getting the win in the return leg at Old Trafford.

View attachment 213915

Back to the Premier League and back to losing. I can't deny Everton were the better team and deserved the win. The scring didn't start until the second half when Lukaku put Everton ahead in the 54th minute. Lennon doubled the lead fr the home team in the 70th minute, but James Wilson did pull one back in the 72nd. Unfortunately, Lukaku put the game to bed with an 82nd minute goal. I'm very disappointed with this, and it means we've dropped six points this month. Not good when you're chasing the title.

View attachment 213913

We agree t sign Andre Carillo on a pre contract. I'm very happy about getting this player for free, as he is a very talented right winger, and I believe the wings are a position we need more depth in, with Memphis, Barbosa, Lingard and Ashley Young being our only natural wingers, Lingard and Young who I doubt the ability of. So this will be very good for next season.

View attachment 213911

We win a game this month! The scoreline makes it look much closer than it actually was. In truth, we dominated this game. Maybe not in terms of possession, but definitely in chances. Martial and Mata put us 2-0 up in ten minutes. The rest of the game was honestly kind of bland, until Kyle Walker scored from a counter attack in the 78th minute. However, Spurs couldn't get another goal and we progress to the semi final of the FA Cup.

View attachment 213912

We get Everton in the semi final. I have mixed feelings about this. I believe we have the better team and should be able to beat them, but they have already beaten us twice this season, 2-1 and 3-1. I'm definitely not going to underestimate them in this, and put as strong a lineup out as I can.

View attachment 213910View attachment 213909

Despite a poor month for the team, Memphis really shone for us in the league. He was our one good player and really deserved Player of the Month. Wilson came second in Young Player of the Month. He did get our only league goal this month, so I suppose it's deserved.

View attachment 213908

For the first time in months, we no longer sit top of the table. Arsenal do. However, they are only one point ahead and we have two games in hand. I'm confident we can regain our good form after the win against Spurs in the FA Cup and get back on top.​