Matt419 - Manager Story (Basically a Man Utd Career)

April 2016 Update

View attachment 212215

We could clinch the title in April and the team know that. We start off strongly in April with a 2-0 win over a good Newcastle side, Smalling and Martial scoring in the first half to bring us three points closer to glory.

View attachment 212214

The run continues with another win, this time 3-0 against West Brom. We see goals from Correa and Rooney in the first half and a Ben Foster own goal in the second half to keep the wins going, and remain in pole position for the title.

View attachment 212213

This is a very poor result. A 3-0 loss against Spurs is both a bad result (especially when you look at the stats and see the two teams were pretty even) but it also robs us of three points meaning that Arsenal, City and Spurs as well can gain thee points on us. Moutinho (who they signed in January. Funny actually, both myself and Spurs tried to sign him, but he chose Spurs), Rolan and Eriksen all scored first half goals for them.

View attachment 212212

We bounced back with a lucky 2-1 win over Southampton. The Saints defended well in all honesty. Mata grabbed a first half injury time goal for us and Van Djik scored an own goal, with Classie getting a good goal for them in the last ten minutes.

View attachment 212211

Back to Old Trafford and back to a comfortable win 3-0 over Leicester is very good, and the team put in a good performance to go with the good result. Barbosa, Vetonghen and Memphis scored for us to seal the easy win.

View attachment 212210

This game was very, very nervy. Stoke defended really well, and had a couple of dangerous counter attacks. But my main problem in this game was their defense. It looked like the game would finish 0-0, but then Martial scored in the 80th minute to get us another vital three points.

View attachment 212209

Look at thee initial budgets! I can go on a spending spree in the summer!

View attachment 212208

Once again Everton provide us with another tough, tough game. The main difference between this and our last two encounters were we actually won this one! I was incredibly happy. Everton actually went ahead in the 9th minute through Mirallas and I honestly thought we would lose, it would be the same story as our other two games against Everton this season. But United fought back incredibly well, Ander Herrera equalised in the 33rd minute, and then Anthony Martial netted in the 85th minute to put us through to the FA Cup final, my first cup final in management.

View attachment 212207

In that cup final we play Liverpool, arguably our biggest rival. It's an amazing draw for a cup final, and I really cannot wait.

View attachment 212206

But we will have to win without our first choice striker. Martial has played very well for us this season, and I'm really annoyed he'll now miss the rest o the season. Although I suppose Wayne Rooney isn't a bad backup...

View attachment 212205

A 2-0 win in our last game of April against Watford. Wilson and Memphis scored two late goals in the last fifteen minutes. But what is more important than the three points is...

View attachment 212204

We win the title! Cannot believe I did this in my first season. Now eyeing up the FA Cup for a double.

View attachment 212203View attachment 212202View attachment 212201

Memphis Depay managed to come second in Player of the Month in April, while Correa and Shaw managed to come second and third in Young Player of the Month respectively. Despite our 3-0 loss against Spurs, we did win every other game this month so I get Manager of the Month.

View attachment 212200

Further confirmation we win the title, with Arsenal and Chelsea looking to have got second and third. The two biggest things n there that I'll be keeping an eye on are whether Spurs will be able to come 4th and prevent City from playing Champions League football net season and if Watford will be able to get into the Europa Legue for next season.​

Congratulations on your title win! Watford finishing 6th was pretty unexpected. Did they make any big signings?

Congratulations on your title win! Watford finishing 6th was pretty unexpected. Did they make any big signings?

Yeah. In the first season they brought Tom Heaton in from Burnley, McGeady in from Everton, Caceres from Juve and Grinaldo from. Barca on loan as well as some guy called Rosell from Sporting. So yeah, some good signings from them I think :)