Matthew Le Tissier - A Shot At Management

clarky1683

Reaction score
View attachment 912683
Matt Le Tissier Takes A Shot At Management

View attachment 242233
Former Southampton forward, and Sky Sports pundit Matthew Le Tissier has taken his first steps into the world of football management. With 161 goals in 443 appearances for the Saints, Le Tissier has no shortage of experience and having contributed towards Sky Sports Punditry for many years he has gained a substantial knowledge of tactical analysis - vital for any football manager.

Currently it is unknown as to where his first job will be, but with rumours spreading that Ronald Koeman wishes to leave his role at Southampton for a job back in Holland, many are suggesting that Le Tissier's first appointment could be at his beloved club.

View attachment 242228
Ronald Koeman Resigns From Southampton Post

View attachment 242227
Today Ronald Koeman has decided to leave his position as Southampton manager after a single successful season, the club can confirm. Koeman has stated: "Although as a club we enjoyed a successful campaign, managing to qualify for the Europa League, I have struggled to settle into the area. I don't feel comfortable in England, so it's my desire to return to Holland."

Rumours are now circulating the country that the door is now open for ex-player and pundit Matthew Le Tissier to take over at Southampton, but the club refuse to reveal who they wish to offer the job to.

Next Southampton Boss Odds

Matthew Le Tissier12-1
Ian Holloway80-1
Clarence Seedorf200-1

View attachment 242223
Matthew Le Tissier Takes Charge

View attachment 242222
Former Saint, Matthew Le Tissier, has been appointed as new manager following Ronald Koeman's sudden resignation. Le Tissier (pictured to the left), who notched over 400 appearances for Southampton during his time at the club in the 1990s will hold his first press conference tomorrow morning.

"I've never been happier in my entire life," Le Tissier explained, "Not even when we won promotion to the Premier League in 1992.".

Club chairman, Ralph Krueger said:
"Matt knows the club inside and out. He loves the club. He's a supporter of the club, and he's the ideal man to take us forward."

View attachment 242221
Le Tissier played for the club for 16 years before making brief appearances for Eastleigh and Guernsey.

Many supporters are happy with the appointment, explaining that Le Tissier is a club legend and that he would only ever do what's best for the club.

He will have to strengthen the squad over the summer, with Morgan Schneiderlin departing for Manchester United just days before the appointment of the new boss.​

View attachment 242219
Unveiling Press Conference

View attachment 242216
"Congratulations on your appointment as manager of Southampton. What are your targets for the season?" - Tony Hohn (SportlingLife.com)

"Thank you. Simply to build on the achievements of last season. I won't say any more than that."

"Do you have any transfer targets in mind? It is clear that the squad needs strengthening." - Aaron Browne (BBC Sport)

"I have an idea of what we need to do in the transfer market, but I want to give everyone here a chance first. The club has the money to bring in some quality, and that is what I intend to do."

"Will José Fonte remain as captain?" - Charlotte Evans (Sky Sports)

"Yes. I can confirm that. I don't want to disrupt the harmony of the squad, and José is a brilliant leader."

View attachment 242214
It was brilliant to see the lads put in a good performance knowing I was watching. Not only the first team impressed, many players from the Under 21's put in a good shift. The whole squad looks to be in good shape already and they all seem to have the required determination to succeed.

View attachment 242203
He wasn't going to get the first team football he needs this season. He's not quite ready for the Premier League so he's off for a season at Doncaster. Good luck to the lad!

View attachment 242201
He was the only player who didn't show any promise in the inter-squad friendly. I know it may seem harsh to sell him based on one single performance, but his attitude in training hasn't been great so far, and he's not really done anything of note during his time at the club. Farewell Emmanuel.

View attachment 242200
Sam is a striker who has bags of potential. I know he will become a class player. However, he's behind quite a few others in the pecking order, so I feel he needs a season at a club where he is the main striker. Hopefully he'll bag loads of goals for Ipswich in the Championship, and then we will re-evaluate the situation next season.

View attachment 242199
With the departure of Scheiderlin we lack a solid defensive minded midfielder to pair up with Wanyama, so Romeu has joined on a season long loan, with the option to buy him for £3,000,000.

View attachment 242198
He looks solid enough, and was the best option available to us without having to spend ridiculous money.​

Romeu has some big shoes to fill - hopefully you won't miss Schneiderlin too much!

View attachment 242184
As is plain to see, we absolutely dominated this match. I cannot believe that we didn't score more goals! The most important thing is that we did get the win though, and an away goal. Tadic was superb, and he will be a crucial player for us this season.

View attachment 242180
So far, three players have arrived at the club. Romeu, Aquilani and van Dijk. I'm looking at the possibility of bringing in a couple more players, but to be honest I'm quite content with the squad now. We've got plenty of attacking options, so I don't feel the need to strengthen that area.

View attachment 912837
Chelsea Win The Community Shield

View attachment 242169
An uneventful game at Wembley ended in a penalty victory for Mourinho's Chelsea. It's the first time a club outside of Manchester has won the Community Shield since Chelsea won it in 2009, and although many see it as "unimportant", it is a clear statement of intent from the Blues, who are aiming to win the Premier League title again.

View attachment 242168

View attachment 242166
Pre-Season Review

View attachment 242165
A successful pre-season for new Saints Boss Matt Le Tissier has set the club up for a strong season. After winning against Go Ahead Eagles in the Europa League 3rd Qualifying Round, Southampton will face Swiss side Vaduz for a place in the Group Stages.

-----

Southampton's Premier League campaign kicks off on Monday night at home to West Bromwich Albion in the first "Monday Night Football" of the season, live on Sky Sports HD 1.

View attachment 242163
-----

Sky Sports Pundit Phil Thompson has submitted his prediction for the season, with Southampton being placed in 8th position.

View attachment 242162
Where will the Saints finish come May? Submit your predictions on Twitter using the hashtag '#SaintsPredictions' or discuss your thoughts on the club forums.​

View attachment 242114
View attachment 242113
The moment all football fans across the country have been waiting for - the kick off of the new Barclays Premier League season. There was the usual intensity and entertainment among all of the games, with a 5 goal thriller between Leicester and Liverpool, and an opening day shock result at Villa Park where Aston Villa snatched a late victory over Manchester United.

View attachment 242110
The attention now turns to Sunday's fixtures. Newly promoted Watford travel to Goodison Park to face Everton and Manchester City host Crystal Palace, before Monday night brings Matt Le Tissier's first league game in charge of Southampton against West Brom.​

As the build up to my first league game in charge of the Saints intensified, the lads were training hard ready for the next day. As the session finished, I was called over by Virgil van Dijk.

View attachment 242104
"Boss, can I have a word?"

"Of course Virgil." I wondered what on Earth it could be about. He can't want to leave can he? He's only just signed!

"I just want you to know, I haven't signed for Southampton expecting to play every game. Of course that's what I want, but José and Maya have been outstanding throughout pre-season, and in the Europa League Qualifiers. I just hope when my chance arises, that I impress you."

"That's good to hear Virgil. Don't worry, you will get your chance."

----

It's fantastic to know that he's not going to whine if he doesn't play week in week out. Too many players nowadays are so selfish and play for themselves, not the club. In other news, we are looking very sharp and I believe we can get a good result against West Brom, and therefore a solid start to the season.