Matthew Le Tissier - A Shot At Management

View attachment 240557
Mavuba signs for Southampton

View attachment 240555
I'm delighted to bring this guy into the club, especially for such a low fee of £1.2M. The Frenchman adds some vast experience to our midfield which at the moment is quite youth orientated, and should Wanyama decide to join Liverpool, we've got a fantastic replacement, although it is only short term.

View attachment 240554
I won't lie, I'm disappointed that he's decided to leave for Liverpool, but we managed to get a whopping £27M for him, and that's final. None of that "if he plays 50 games for the club" stuff... its a full £27M. And we've already signed Mavuba, so we don't need to panic about bringing in another player. I know Mavuba is 30 and so is only a short term option, but I feel he can do a job for us. Farewell Victor, you did a good job for us. Good luck.

View attachment 240550
View attachment 240551
Our fantastic run of form came to an unfortunate end at home to Spurs. Harry Kane was superb and carried Tottenham over the line, even though we nearly fought back with Rodriguez's 88th minute goal, and the Ward-Prowse's free kick which hit the bar in the 92nd minute.

View attachment 240549
The Spaniard has a lot of time to grow and develop as a player. He's still only 24 so I feel he has the capacity to improve a lot over the next few seasons. His versatility allows him to play all across the back four, and so could prove very useful.

Now we have five first team centre backs at the club, with two decent youngsters in the under 21's eagerly awaiting a chance. I think we need to ship one out...

View attachment 240547View attachment 240546View attachment 240544View attachment 240543

From left to right is my personal preference on our current centre backs (not including the new signing, Nacho).

This corresponds with a poll that was put on the club website:

Who is your preferred Saints centre back?

José Fonte45%
Virgil van Dijk30%
Maya Yoshida20%
Florin Gardos5%

José Fonte is our captain and a terrific leader. He's certainly staying, along with van Dijk who has been brilliant since his summer move from Celtic. That leaves the decision between Maya Yoshida and Florin Gardos. Don't get me wrong, Gardos has been decent for us in the games he has played but I don't think he's adjusted well to the English game. Yoshida started the season on fire and has played very well ever since.

Although Gardos signed in the summer, before I took over, I feel as though he'd be better off at another club where he'd receive more first team football. I'll be offering him out to clubs as of now.

View attachment 240523
Rodriguez was on form as we drew away at Newcastle. Not a bad result by any means but it rankles a bit that we let our lead slip straight away in the second half. Thankfully Targett's injury isn't bad at all.