Nice result there mate. This tactic gave me a lot of high average ratings for my players, hopefully it will do that for you aswell. If you've got a top keeper then this tactic really works well.

Hennessey and Harper are excellent for me. (H)

Hennessey and Harper are excellent for me. (H)
Aha (H) Hennessey is pretty consistent so he's probably a good keeper for the tactic. Cerny was immense for once with my QPR team, normally he sucks and fails :p

I had the same problem. There is a link on the thread somewhere...

Just download it from the attachment at the bottom if the link doesn't work :)

Started using your tactic today. I'm currently Leeds.
Leeds 4 - 0 Exter L1
Leeds 3 - 2 Sunderland LC
Walsall 1 - 2 Leeds L1
Wycome 1 - 3 Leeds L1

Cool tactic overall ;)

Last edited:
Hi Max, thanks for the tactic. Just tested it here and had some up and down results with Spurs.
Overall it was W3 D2 L2. (although the 2 defeats were against Man Utd and Chelsea) Previously my record was W0 D4 L1, so although it doesn't look great on mine your tactic is definitely an improvement.

At the moment my box 2 box midfielder seems to be doing very little, tried Rodwell there and Modric, but they seem to defensive, or too attacking to suit the role, although modric has all the attributes you require. May try Huddlestone who is currently playing as my other CM there instead. Will let you know the results.

Also do you find a DL or a D/WBL (EG: Sakho vs Mattock/Bale) more suitable at full back, as I noticed you place an importance on crossing, which DL / DRs rarely have.

Hi Max, thanks for the tactic. Just tested it here and had some up and down results with Spurs.
Overall it was W3 D2 L2. (although the 2 defeats were against Man Utd and Chelsea) Previously my record was W0 D4 L1, so although it doesn't look great on mine your tactic is definitely an improvement.

At the moment my box 2 box midfielder seems to be doing very little, tried Rodwell there and Modric, but they seem to defensive, or too attacking to suit the role, although modric has all the attributes you require. May try Huddlestone who is currently playing as my other CM there instead. Will let you know the results.

Also do you find a DL or a D/WBL (EG: Sakho vs Mattock/Bale) more suitable at full back, as I noticed you place an importance on crossing, which DL / DRs rarely have.
Modric wouldn't work in the box-to-box role as he hasn't got the defensive or strength attributes for it. Huddlestone hasn't really got the attacking attributes so it's a tough pick. Jenas would work well in it I would of though, and a DR/DL work better than a WBL/WBR.

Looks great !

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

Hope this works

Cheers! Playing with Bacup in NW Counties Premier Division, I've loaned a lot of youngsters from the prem. Santa Cruz etc. Anyway, wasn't working at first but they adapted after pre-season and first 2 games I've won both of them 4-0. I'll give you more of an update after next few games.<)

I was wondering if pitch size would benefit the tactic? Normal or Large?

Thanks

I really want to try this tactic, but the flat four-four-two formation dosen't suit my players. Will it work if I push the two wide mids up to wingers?
Cheers.

well, the attacking part is really good but I got a problem. My players tend to have lots of shots around 14 to 20 a match and 5 to 12 on target but my team cannot score even they dominate most of the time. I always end up losing 1-0 in the game I dominate. I dont know why.

was just trying it with west brom in pre-season 2009 atm, and i was playing chesterfield. after 70 minutes Ishmael Miller finally got his hattrick playing as target man, so i decided to replace him with young 17 year old striker chris wood. within 15 minutes he also had his hattrick!! 1 word... !!!AMAZING!!!

I was wondering if pitch size would benefit the tactic? Normal or Large?

Thanks
It depends on the pace of your team really, if they are slow then small and if they are fast large :)

I really want to try this tactic, but the flat four-four-two formation dosen't suit my players. Will it work if I push the two wide mids up to wingers?
Cheers.
Yeah it should do, but put them to "support" and not "attack" so it balances attack and defence better.

well i thought i would give this a go as i have had no luck with any tactic yet.

started well and plays well but just been beaten by hull. draw with OB.
not the tactics fault, 35 shots 1 goal for hull. hull had 10 shots 2 goals.
ob had 3 shots and i had 44 odd. noboody scored.

so id say the tactic works well just my whole game does not with any team.
o and mike phelan must have found gary nevill in bed with his wife,
the man does not like him at all lol