Status
Not open for further replies.
Massive help Max. If you want me to write up something on using 3 at the back like I said on MSN earlier I am more than happy to help because when used correctly it is very very efficient. It's something I like working with so if you want a hand on that, I'm here to help. The Team Instructions though is very helpful, I will be using that :)

Massive help Max. If you want me to write up something on using 3 at the back like I said on MSN earlier I am more than happy to help because when used correctly it is very very efficient. It's something I like working with so if you want a hand on that, I'm here to help. The Team Instructions though is very helpful, I will be using that :)
Yeah go for it mate. If you do it on Microsoft Word or something and then send it to me on msn, I'll edit it into the OP and credit it to you :)

Yeah go for it mate. If you do it on Microsoft Word or something and then send it to me on msn, I'll edit it into the OP and credit it to you :)
No problem mate. I'm a little busy for the rest of tonight but I will have something sorted by tomorow :)

No problem mate. I'm a little busy for the rest of tonight but I will have something sorted by tomorow :)
No problem. Takes a while to do, so I don't mind :)

I'm out tomorrow night until about 9:30ish, so I won't be able to update as much as I'd like, but of course the half term starts after tomorrow, so I'll catch up then :)

Max seriously you are a beast, my team instructions are all wrong and those explanations will help me put it right, i cannot stress how much i thank you for this, just made me better at fm

Max seriously you are a beast, my team instructions are all wrong and those explanations will help me put it right, i cannot stress how much i thank you for this, just made me better at fm
Glad it's helping you mate :)

Seems to be serving it's purpose so far

One more thing max, you probably want to kill me, defensive line, time wasting and tempo

One more thing max, you probably want to kill me, defensive line, time wasting and tempo

I may not be an expert, but tempo is related closely to your passing style. If you want to counter the team then you are going to want to have a quick tempo, get the ball forward as fast as possible to exploit the space. If you want to keep possession, playing a shorter passing game, then your tempo is probably going to be on the slower side, although some of the best teams and keep possession even with a really quick tempo.

Defensive Line height relies on if you have a true defensive midfielder and the pace of your defenders, with fast defenders and no DM it can help top have a high defensive line and play the offside trap. If you have slow defenders and no DM then a normal DL is best, it does not leaves them to exposed to through balls, and also does not create a bigger gap between the midfield and the defense. With a DM and a Slower Defensive line you can look to play deeper, especially if you are a team that wants to counter attack.

Just my thoughts anyway.

Yeah no problem, I'll do this later tonight/tomorrow, as I'm out for most of the day today.

max, you might want to add that attacking sides will also benefit from more pressing, as it helps win back and recycle possession high up the pitch, resulting in near constant pressure

max, you might want to add that attacking sides will also benefit from more pressing, as it helps win back and recycle possession high up the pitch, resulting in near constant pressure
Cheers mate, I forgot to add this in yesterday, it was late at night :$

Nice one, Max. Didn't see this coming ;)

Just read through it all and now my eyes are bleeding :mad: Great help though. Cheers <)

Aha Max I am going to have to counter this a little bit when i get in from work :$

Max I solute you (H). Tnx to you I got the 442 working for the first time in fm10. Great post, hope you keep up :D

like what prigrajf said, i also managed to get the 442 formation working for the 1st time using burnley. a very remarkable guide on the overall. i might post some screenshots after mid season :D

lol yeah a lot of people underestimate the diffiuclty of making a 4-4-2. i cannot stress the importance of partnerships in the 4-4-2, my own 4-4-2 has 4 attack 4 support 2 defend, all mutually supporting each other.

max i forgot to mention about more pressing in attacking tactics, since it works with high defensive line, you must guard against the through ball and high ball over the top. the defensive line needs to be a unit, so the less gelled a team is, the more prone they are to getting caught out (which is why tactics tend to be more leaky when you first start a team)

lol yeah a lot of people underestimate the diffiuclty of making a 4-4-2. i cannot stress the importance of partnerships in the 4-4-2, my own 4-4-2 has 4 attack 4 support 2 defend, all mutually supporting each other.

max i forgot to mention about more pressing in attacking tactics, since it works with high defensive line, you must guard against the through ball and high ball over the top. the defensive line needs to be a unit, so the less gelled a team is, the more prone they are to getting caught out (which is why tactics tend to be more leaky when you first start a team)
Yeah I'll add a part about changing your tactics for when you're team is gelling later, things like play with a bit more discipline and more rigid, and slowly giving your players more freedom after a while.

like what prigrajf said, i also managed to get the 442 formation working for the 1st time using burnley. a very remarkable guide on the overall. i might post some screenshots after mid season :D
Glad it worked for you mate, cheers for the kind comments ^^)

I've got some spare time to update this, does anyone want anything done in particular?

Could you do the "4-5-1" Which has 4 defenders, 2 Centre/Defensive Mids, 2 Wingers, Left Sided "Supports Striker" Attacking Midfielder and 1 Right Striker? Cheers mate ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.