May have accidentally made a god tactic

hi mate trying it out now getting some good results against weaker opposition but struggling abit away from home and against strong teams , also what kind of players am I looking for attribute wise in each position also do you use any opps instructions thanks and im
Enjoying this tactic

Hey mate,

I don't use any opp instructions.

Target Forward is key. A lot of play goes through him. Needs to be strong, good jumping, heading, physicals, finishing helps of course. A physical beast is good here, this my current dude physicals

Untitled.png

Full backs need to be good going forward. Good dribbling, crossing, passing etc but also solid defensively tackling, marking

CBs need a bit of speed about them, can't be too slow. My 2 starters currently have 14 acc/14 pace and 12 acc / 15 pace

GK is pretty much standard sweeper keeper but look for one with decent kicking as tactic has him kicking long to the TF

pressing forward. good physicals and mentals. technicals less so.
this is my regen PF, he's only 18 so plenty room to grow but mentally and physically he's already good enough and only has a few "good" technicals for now

Untitled.png

16 finishing at 18 helps :D

Anchorman you want those key defending stats - marking, tackling, positioning, strength. good decision maker, anticipation, good teamwork

The AP needs good passing, vision, technique, good first touch, agility, decisions

B2B is a B2B. You want him to be good at everything basically lol

The IF wants good dribbling, finishing, first touch but also good passing, technique, agility. He'll score and assist plenty

Also you can try changing the AP to a DLP and see how that goes. I found the other team was having far less shots on goal but felt I was getting FM'd quite a bit so don't use it very much lol

Giving it a go in the National League North with Hereford. It will be interesting to see how it works with lower league part time players. So far only played 3 friendlies but have won them all.

Will be interesting to see how this performs with the new update

Who is your TF, TJMitchell?

I'm now in my third full season using this tactic.
After the close race with Liverpool, the next season was not as good. I ended up in 4th with 76 points. Playing in the Champions League took quite a toll on my player's fitness and I constantly was getting messages that my star striker Šeško plus the team's playmaker Hannibal needed resting. It might have also been a result of me not paying a lot of attention to training. Which I now try to do.

This third season is also proving a bit inconsistent. We're currently third, but with only three points down to 10th. Of course me failing to improve the team significantly might be a reason.

I have made some minor changes to the tactic. Like the goalkeeper's distribution. He was often just giving the ball away by kicking it to the only place where we don't have anyone in attack, to the right wing. Kind of strange, his kicking is 13 so it should be possible to just loft it forward to the TF. But i'm now kicking it short instead.

Speaking of the TF, he's never done a lot for me. My main guy there has 16-16 in Jumping Reach and Strength, but is not much of a goal threat. His corner role is switched with my CB who's even better in the air. But this season I've not been scoring much at all from corners. Could it be a result of the new update?

I've tried mixing the attacking roles up a bit, with Complete Forward instead of TF and Advanced instead of Pressing. The former didn't prove much of a difference, but I feel that Šeško is more of a threat as Advanced than Pressing. I did however feel that this cost us some important defensive work, so he's back to pressing.

I still feel that this is a great tactic, but it's not perfect. Especially the AP getting tired every match is a bit of a problem.

3 games in to the Conference North season with Hereford and we are unbeaten so far. The pre-season was 100% wins and so far in the league there has been 2 wins and a 1-1 draw a game in which the team went behind to a penalty. Currently sitting second in the league despite a prediction of 14th. So far so good.

Who is your TF, TJMitchell?

/snip

My current TF is Leonardo Campana (ex Wolves player) also a Bulgarian dude called Preslav Borukov who ive had since 3.Liga. Definitely been the dominant scorer for me over the years. 25 goals last year, 10 in 10 this year. The other dude scored 37 in Bundi.2 when he was the TF.

Since the update I've played 7 games for 5 wins, 2 losses. I feel I was the better team in the 2 losses but lost both 1-0. Also won 1-0 with a 93rd min winner after dominating the game.

Untitled.png

I might have to look at some tweaks maybe but I'll play a bit more of the season and see how I go.

Also, I have NO IDEA if this is even a thing but I have the same tactic in all 3 slots and will "change tactics" every now and then. I don't know if this works but in my head I sometimes see a difference :LOL:

Post update. No tactic tweaks. One word. Inconsistent 😆

Untitled.png

Time to have a little play around and see what changes I can make

Ok. I have made some tweaks and played a couple games. Not many but I got other things to do so...

Untitled.png

Tactic is attached. Please try it out and let me know how it goes for you.

Attachments

• 4-1-3-2 DM Asymmetric AP BWM some tweaks.fmf
    42.9 KB · Views: 494
Ok. I have made some tweaks and played a couple games. Not many but I got other things to do so...

View attachment 570167

Tactic is attached. Please try it out and let me know how it goes for you.

hi mate some in game pics again of instructions for xbox users please we can't download links thanks and sorry keep up the great work lovely tactic

Another season finished with Sunderland, our 5th in PL. (Yes, basically all I do is play FM nowadays. Blaming it on winter season and new covid restrictions...)

We're not able to live up to the magnificent season two years ago, but once again finished 4th. This season was very inconsistent, maybe due to new update, and I even tested out a new Ragnick-tactic for some months.

This went from February to the middle of April, but the tactic was too much for our team. So I tweaked this good old formation to become a standard 4-3-3 to use in bigger matches. I was just about to meet Bayern in the CL semis. And we beat them! (4-1 away, lost 2-4 at home).

Real Madrid was waiting in the final. I went with the tweaked formation and startet strong, but Real took more and more control as the game went on. Some time mid second half I changed back to this, which helped. We held out for extra time, and became the stronger side. Our reward came in the 107th minute, when we scored what proved to be a game winning penalty.

So you could say this tactic won me the Champions League with Sunderland! Way sooner than I was expecting to.

1639077240633.png

Last edited:
hi mate some in game pics again of instructions for xbox users please we can't download links thanks and sorry keep up the great work lovely tactic

Hey mate,

It's not much. Just change the Anchorman to a Ball Winning Midfielder (defend). The left CB from a BPD to a standard Central Defender (defend) and add these to the left back

Untitled.png

That's it

Another season finished with Sunderland, our 5th in PL. (Yes, basically all I do is play FM nowadays. Blaming it on winter season and new covid restrictions...)

We're not able to live up to the magnificent season two years ago, but once again finished 4th. This season was very inconsistent, maybe due to new update, and I even tested out a new Ragnick-tactic for some months.

This went from February to the middle of April, but the tactic was too much for out team. So I tweaked this good old formation to become a standard 4-3-3 to use in bigger matches. I was just about to meet Bayern in the CL semis. And we beat them! (4-1 away, lost 2-4 at home).

Real Madrid was waiting in the final. I went with the tweaked formation and startet strong, but Real took more and more control as the game went on. Some time mid second half I changed back to this, which helped. We held out for extra time, and became the stronger side. Our reward came in the 107th minute, when we scored what proved to be a game winning penalty.

So you could say this tactic won me the Champions League with Sunderland! Way sooner than I was expecting to.

👏👏👏 noice!

This went from February to the middle of April, but the tactic was too much for our team. So I tweaked this good old formation to become a standard 4-3-3 to use in bigger matches. I was just about to meet Bayern in the CL semis. And we beat them! (4-1 away, lost 2-4 at home).

View attachment 570245
can u post your tweaked version man

1639418580122.png

Record so far using the 4132 DM Asymmetric AP tactic with Hereford (ingame editor has not been used) currently sitting 3 in the Conference North. This is after the recent update.