Mccollio09's Buy English! Shortlist

alex chamberlain? ryan bennet? both may be worth adding. good work though

sorry just seen bennett was on

Last edited:
Anyone else tried downloading it yet? One user said he has had problems and I'm not the best on the technical side of things

No-one else has tried downloading it? I'm shocked, thought there would be loads of people keen on trying this out.

No-one else has tried downloading it? I'm shocked, thought there would be loads of people keen on trying this out.

There's been over a thousand views in less than a day that I made this post, law of averages alone says that a fair few people have downloaded it. You got it to work yet mate? In theory you could save it to any directory and then when you go to import shortlist, as long as you search in the appropriate place, it should be there.

There's been over a thousand views in less than a day that I made this post, law of averages alone says that a fair few people have downloaded it. You got it to work yet mate? In theory you could save it to any directory and then when you go to import shortlist, as long as you search in the appropriate place, it should be there.

I'm sure they have, would be good to know if it's working for them though.

Nope still no luck :( It just doesn't show up for some reason and I don't know why.

I'm scouting them all manually in my Man City to see how they come up.

Scout reports can be a good basis to go on, but I'd say they only get things right 50% of the time, a 20 judging ability and 20 potential ability scout once told me a regen could only become 2.5 stars at best, he's now got 4 stars on the coaching page. If the scout report isn't great, but the player has decent attributes in all areas that you need for the position, trust your own instincts.

Zaha from palace

Will check him out in a bit, just on my save at the moment, although on that he isn't too hot... Then again he has been wasted by the AI so that's not surprising, you got a screenshot of him to show me how he develops?

Honestly I think McEachern and Cork shud be swapped Josh is just better IMO

Honestly I think McEachern and Cork shud be swapped Josh is just better IMO

IRL I wouldn't disagree, it's a bit different on FM though. In any case, both are worth signing, if McEachran turns out better than him, fair enough, these ratings are just to be used as a general guide. As I said in the OP they are my subjective ratings. Hope you found this list useful.

IRL I wouldn't disagree, it's a bit different on FM though. In any case, both are worth signing, if McEachran turns out better than him, fair enough, these ratings are just to be used as a general guide. As I said in the OP they are my subjective ratings. Hope you found this list useful.
Kind of need it at the momment in my chelsea save am struggling second season with the 8 plyers rule.

Have you downloaded the list then? Does it work for you?
Yeah and I have no problems.U download it and then put it in here
C:\Users\Oliver\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\shortlists
Im using vista but obviously Oliver is whatever user name ur one is.Then in game go to the drop down menu with ur name go to search then shortlist then in the top right corner it shud say shortlists then go into that click import shortlist and then select Miccollio or whatevers it called then press the selct button in the corner and this list will come up .

Yeah and I have no problems.U download it and then put it in here
C:\Users\Oliver\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\shortlists
Im using vista but obviously Oliver is whatever user name ur one is.Then in game go to the drop down menu with ur name go to search then shortlist then in the top right corner it shud say shortlists then go into that click import shortlist and then select Miccollio or whatevers it called then press the selct button in the corner and this list will come up .

I've done that but for some reason it doesn't show up when I go to import it. I have absolutely no idea why.

I've done that but for some reason it doesn't show up when I go to import it. I have absolutely no idea why.
Think it would make a difference if I e-mailed it to you? One other thing to check mate which I didn't say. It's possible that you have two sports interactive folders (I do). Make sure it's saved to the right one

As a last resort, either you copy out the list and save it yourself (which should take about 3 hours :-s) or press ctrl+f on the op thread, enter in the name of the player you're interested in and press enter, should highlight him and you can see how he is rated straight away.

(ctrl +f can be used on any internet site or word document if u need to find something specific)

Last edited:
Are u sure its documents and not the installation directory ur using.

It might work like that but I can't be sure. Yep it's in the right one where all my other add ons are.

Yep its documents its in lol. I really don't understand.

I'm going to download another shortlist to see if that works.

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

Just tried downloading Raikan's wonderkid shortlist and that didn't work either. :(

Seems like I'm not meant to use them lol

Well I've just been through on a new game and added them all to my shortlist. I've now saved that shortlist, does that mean I can access it in other saves?

---------- Post added at 02:38 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:55 PM ----------

I've found it!

I was being an idiot and going into filters instead of shortlists lol.

Great I can now get to work winning everything with the English!