• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 69
  • Views Views 3K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Alex McLeish resigns as manager of Birmingham City.

More...

Billy Davies to Birmingham/cardiff would make sense, guy was unlucky not to get promoted to the prem!

Quite random, hadn't heard about this developing.

Villa after McLeish?

****, I'd take him. Nice bloke by all accounts, always respectful to us too.

Always thought his football has been slightly negative, relegated twice in 3/4 seasons with Brum, not sure if he'd be the right option for Villa.

I read the story in NOTW and thought "they're having a laugh'' but I switched onto SSN about ten minutes ago and they were just breaking the story; can't believe it tbh. I don't blame him for leaving after their "get us promoted or you're fired'' threat; but to join Villa? It would/will be a very brave move for Alex.

As for Villa themselves, I'm shocked that they aren't looking for better managers. I know they went after Rafa, but they haven't even approached Rijkaard, Quique Flores or anyone else of that calibre.

Brum should replace McLeish with Keano imo.

How many managers have managed both Aston Villa and Birmingham? And in succession? I don't think its many...

Heartbroken i know they got relegated but he made a great side!if it werent for him Roger Johnson,Scott Dann,Craig Gardner,Joe Hart,Ben Foster wouldnt be as well respected as footballers as they are today and Stephen Carr would be retired!

How many managers have managed both Aston Villa and Birmingham? And in succession? I don't think its many...

Ron Saunders, and he's well respected by both. He even managed the Baggies right after.

If Billy Davies comes near St Andrews i will be canceling my season ticket, dont rate him whatsoever!!

This news has really P***ED me off!!

You take a team down under your full control, a team you build yourself, then you walk away and more than probably walk down the road to Aston and take the job down there, it is an absolute joke!!

The majority of villa fans are saying they dont want him, Eck would bless any side, he is a top manager with a key eye for players, as it shows Dann, Johnson, Carr, Gardner, Zarate....

If we get Curbishley, Hughton, O'Neill etc then ye i suppose we would be content, but if Davies, Jones, Dowie ETC get the job unhappy would be an understatement!!!

he's a top manager? he's been relegated twice now.

Yeah, can't see that happening.

Not surprised he's gone from Birmingham though. That owner is dodgier than a second hand car salesman with something to hide.

the first relegation was mid season with a **** pot squad that he could hardly invest in left by fat nose spud head brucey boy

this season he has full responsibility, we had a poor season league wise, however with how mad this season was i still consider us unfortunate

Considering the squad he had, he did extremely well to get them the League Cup and although he did have a poor season league-wise which was pretty unfortunate for him

Yeah, can't see that happening.

Not surprised he's gone from Birmingham though. That owner is dodgier than a second hand car salesman with something to hide.

I think it will happen- Who else can Aston Villa hire, with such a reputation as McLeish? And why else would he resign from Birmingham, after such preperation for next season?

Considering the squad he had, he did extremely well to get them the League Cup and although he did have a poor season league-wise which was pretty unfortunate for him

How people can say that, is rather confusing. They had a better squad than the likes of Wigan and Wolves imo. They have (had) the likes of Zigic, Larsson, Martins, Derbyshire, Gardner, Dann, Johnson and Foster, who, especially the last four, should be able to walk into the Wigan/Wolves/Stoke/Blackburn/West Brom teams, and they all managed to stay up.

Back