• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 104
  • Views Views 6K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Chelsea new-boy Raul Meireles insists he never wanted to leave Liverpool but says the chance to work with Andre Villas-Boas again was too good to turn down.

More...

"[But] when I knew that Chelsea and Andre wanted me, it convinced me. It is only because he wanted me."

What will he do if AVB gets sacked? Submit TR once more to follow him?

Anyways good move for him. Chelsea got good player for very good price.

What will he do if AVB gets sacked? Submit TR once more to follow him?

Anyways good move for him. Chelsea got good player for very good price.
Will find out at Christmas. /Joke

Here's what he really said:

'I made the right choice last year to come to England and to come to Liverpool and this year was different because I knew that I didn't want to leave Liverpool. I felt that the new owners didn't want to sell me, but when I knew that Chelsea and Andre wanted me it convinced me.'

another:

'It was strange,' he says of the last few days, 'because I knew of the interest of Chelsea, and the interest of the coach, and it was a pleasure to come to this club but it was strange because it was on the last day.

well done BBC another story writtren up shockingly

No brainer to me. Stay 4th choice at a club who were willing to sell you all through the summer window, or move to a club who genuinely seem to want you.

Seen some liverpool fans saying they're glad hes gone, dont want players who arent loyal to the shirt etc... Well loyalty cuts both ways, Liverpool were hardly loyal to him

I'm a Liverpool fan myself and I've got to say I liked Raul, he was terrible in a tackle but goin' forward he was a cut above but at the same time he wasnt going to get into our squad with the likes of Lucas, Adam, Henderson [being brought through], Downing, Maxi, Kuyt and now there's even talks of Gerrard going to struggle to get back into the team. Raul wasn't going to be first choice and thats obv what he wanted as well as to work with AVB again. Good deal for both teams tho' I wish we wouldve got sturridge in the process!

No brainer to me. Stay 4th choice at a club who were willing to sell you all through the summer window, or move to a club who genuinely seem to want you.

Seen some liverpool fans saying they're glad hes gone, dont want players who arent loyal to the shirt etc... Well loyalty cuts both ways, Liverpool were hardly loyal to him

When did Liverpool say he was for sale?

He'll probably get more chances at Chelsea, it has been well-documented all summer how big our midfield is, so it always looked likely he'd leave. Hope he does well for all but two games of the season.

Can you show us a story or 2 where it says this?

seriously? you could just google it yourself, as opposed to me having to look back through all the various things ive read

now now lads, all that matters is the man with size 6 boots is now playing in blue lol.

now now lads, all that matters is the man with size 6 boots is now playing in blue lol.

Still the most ridiculous thing you've told me today. Reckon he will start the next game? Actually, who are you playing?

Back