Meireles explains Chelsea switch

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 104
  • Views Views 6K
Like I said, short term it's definitely a step up. Long term; who knows.

First of all you said Long term: probarly not and now its who knows. If you had said who knows in the first place we wouldnt have had this debate for the last hour or so lol.

I'm a Liverpool fan, I'm hardly going to say you're going to stay a better club. We'll see this season, I firmly believe we can finish above you. Also, i'd say you've been the better club for the last 4 or 5 years (and that might be pushing it), not the last 8. You've done well domestically, but up until recently, we've out-performed you in Europe.

The Invincibles never won in Europe - were they worse than the Chelsea side of that year because they got beat by them in the QFs - despite finishing 11 pts ahead in the league? Chelsea have been doing perfectly well in Europe for the past 8 years too.

& it's not just about domestic success.

& I'm not writing you off, I'm bigging us up, because I think we look THAT much better than we have in past seasons.

Really? A less than convincing draw against Sunderland which you could have easily lost, a win against a 10 man, seriously weakened Arsenal side when you again could have lost, and finally an actually impressive win last weekend. Really don't think this Liverpool side will go the whole hog TBH.

And besides, a season lasts 38, not 3 games - bit too early to judge either way IMO. ;)

Well for Meireles, the short term is probably all that matters. He's 28/9 now - he'll probably have 2 or 3 or perhaps 4 years left at the top level, playing regular football for Chelsea (before which McEachran will probably take his place anyway). Why should he think of the LT?

It comes down to whether he wants to play for a real club or a plastic club.

I'm joking (sorta ;))

Back