Meireles explains Chelsea switch

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 104
  • Views Views 6K
Yeah but the middle of the park isnt his normal position.Thats why its irrelevent.He plays further forward in an area where he wouldnt normally be comitting to challenges and thats why he doesnt normally do it.Lampard does the same and thats why he would fit in and be able to replace the aging lampard

Finally someone gets my point lol.

He was not needed by Dalglish it's really as simple as that. Oh and about the Brits thing Coates, Enrique, Doni and Suarez all aren't brits. about 50% of his transfers have been brits so he doesn't seem to have any preference really
TBF Enrique was brought in because there was no English alternative.Baines being one of the few decent British LB's.Suarez is an excellent player no matter what nationality he is so I dont see why anyone wouldnt sign him.Doni is 31 so hes only a back up.Coates is the only one who isnt british that I cant explain.Practically all of his other signings where brits tho.

TBF Enrique was brought in because there was no English alternative.Baines being one of the few decent British LB's.Suarez is an excellent player no matter what nationality he is so I dont see why anyone wouldnt sign him.Doni is 31 so hes only a back up.Coates is the only one who isnt british that I cant explain.Practically all of his other signings where brits tho.

I don't understand what your point it :S I said 50% signings are Brits and 50% aren't so he doesn't seem to have a preference unlike what Jacko said about getting rid of Meireles because he's not a Brit :S

I don't understand what your point it :S I said 50% signings are Brits and 50% aren't so he doesn't seem to have a preference unlike what Jacko said about getting rid of Meireles because he's not a Brit :S
I know but im explaining why the rest werent British.There is definatly a British feel to his transfer policy tho.

I know but im explaining why the rest werent British.There is definatly a British feel to his transfer policy tho.

after I already explained it.... ok. Please do explain that last point

I can explain Coates.

Liverpool probe Uruguay avenue | Liverpool Football Club News, Fixtures, Results, Gossip |

after I already explained it.... ok. Please do explain that last point
He tried to buy british players to fill all the gaps but couldnt find enough good players.For example Baines.He would have solved the LB problem easily but Everton wouldnt sell and I dont think it would have been a popular decision anyway.

Nothing to add but Mike is right btw Liverpool were willing to sell him.
They were talking to Juve and Inter I believe about him going for 11-13mil.
The Chelsea deal was pretty much done before he'd left, the transfer request was just a way of saving Liverpool about a million.

He tried to buy british players to fill all the gaps but couldnt find enough good players.For example Baines.He would have solved the LB problem easily but Everton wouldnt sell and I dont think it would have been a popular decision anyway.

He was looking for british based players, not just british players

Swear Liverpool never actually made a formal enquiry about Baines it was just rumours

I'm a Liverpool fan myself, and didn't want him or Aquilani to go. But it's understandable really. Being on the bench with Adam, Lucas, Henderson and Gerrard (once he's fit) before you isn't gonna cut it. He wouldn't have had a chance for first team football.

So I'm gonna be a good guy and say, Good luck Raul.

Let's be honest, it's a step up for him in his career. Just like Aquilani's was, I've always supported both of them despite how they've been viewed by Liverpool. Alberto's at AC Milan and Raul's at Chelsea, both have gone up in the world being brutally honest. Hope they enjoy their fresh starts, Raul shocked me more but clearly Adam/Henderson are viewed as the future along with Gerrard so Liverpool made their choice and now they have to stick with it.

I find it amazing that people have been saying he's terrible etc and done nothing this season, remember the Arsenal game? Liverpool had the 1 man advantage but didn't create much until Suarez and Raul came on and the pair of them (Not just Suarez) reignited the attack and got Liverpool 2 goals between them. Just my opinion but Raul and Alberto have made step up's in their careers and good luck to them. Liverpool got a good price on Meireles, suites all parties. I'm very happy he's at Chelsea, he could add that extra dimension to the midfield and link up with Mata/Torres and provide that missing spark for Andre Villas Boas.

Let's be honest, it's a step up for him in his career. Just like Aquilani's was, I've always supported both of them despite how they've been viewed by Liverpool. Alberto's at AC Milan and Raul's at Chelsea, both have gone up in the world being brutally honest. Hope they enjoy their fresh starts, Raul shocked me more but clearly Adam/Henderson are viewed as the future along with Gerrard so Liverpool made their choice and now they have to stick with it.

I find it amazing that people have been saying he's terrible etc and done nothing this season, remember the Arsenal game? Liverpool had the 1 man advantage but didn't create much until Suarez and Raul came on and the pair of them (Not just Suarez) reignited the attack and got Liverpool 2 goals between them. Just my opinion but Raul and Alberto have made step up's in their careers and good luck to them. Liverpool got a good price on Meireles, suites all parties. I'm very happy he's at Chelsea, he could add that extra dimension to the midfield and link up with Mata/Torres and provide that missing spark for Andre Villas Boas.

He really is a top top player... he can perform the lampard very well and i'm not just saying this as i'm portuguse fan.

After Ronaldo he has to be first name on portugal team list:) just lil worried he doesnt get game time... just grow a pair AVB and drop Lamps when he doesnt perform... well Looks like chelsea has my support this year:) just please go save Nani;)

He really is a top top player... he can perform the lampard very well and i'm not just saying this as i'm portuguse fan.

After Ronaldo he has to be first name on portugal team list:) just lil worried he doesnt get game time... just grow a pair AVB and drop Lamps when he doesnt perform... well Looks like chelsea has my support this year:) just please go save Nani;)

Save Nani from all the trophies and personal awards he's winning? ;)

I don't know why people are criticizing Lampard so much. 1 goal and 2 assists can't be too bad. Obviously at 33 he can't be playing every match so I agree that Meireles can rotate with him or Ramires, but he can't replace Lampard.

Before our rebuilding it would've been a step up. I see no reason why we can't finish above chelsea this season.

Before our rebuilding it would've been a step up. I see no reason why we can't finish above chelsea this season.

he'll be playing CL football this season too, still currently a step up

Back