• Yes, I agree with him

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • No, what the f**k is he saying?

Votes: 34 68.0%

• Total voters
"Messi not good enough for Stoke City"

ah, another premfaced comment...
he ****** his brain, really...

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

"Messi not good enough for Stoke City"

ah, another premfaced comment...
he ****** his brain, really...

do not like andy gray and never will, always talk rubbish

your joking right, are you blind he destroyed the defense, and he ddnt make many runs because he was playing as a team. and when he got tackled by 3 united players, he still got the ball and kept on playing but ref called it a foul. i think you cant see anything or you dont understand the game

lol I'm blind. Go watch the video Mr Messi lover. He didn't dance around United's players like they weren't there did he? He passed and moved like the other Barca players.
And like sunilvk7 said, It was Xavi and Iniesta who dominated and were the best players. Messi was quiet. Just like the other year when United knocked Barca out.

Would Stoke's style of football, make it difficult for Lionel Messi there?

Without Barcelona Messi isn't as good as he is...He does **** for Argentina....Bottom line anyone can look good when you got players like Xavi and Iniesta in the midfield....Sure Messi can make his own individual runs but I don't think he can out pace all the English League defense in a long run like he does in La Liga while he is quick but he's more of an Acceleration player he runs in "bursts" if you will. He has not alot of shot power so he has to get in close and he won't fight off six feet tall players.

lol I'm blind. Go watch the video Mr Messi lover. He didn't dance around United's players like they weren't there did he? He passed and moved like the other Barca players.
And like sunilvk7 said, It was Xavi and Iniesta who dominated and were the best players. Messi was quiet. Just like the other year when United knocked Barca out.

It's quite clear that you only watch the Premiership and have only seen Barca play a couple times in the CL and once or twice on TV. Messi is clearly better than anyone in the Prem and would score in bunches. You're actually going to base your opinion of him off of one game against United? First of all, he was young back then, and he's twice the player now. Second, Barca was playing terribly at the time, Rijkaard got canned at the end of the season. Third, I thought he looked great that game, and many United fans commented on how well he played afterwards.

Without Barcelona Messi isn't as good as he is...He does **** for Argentina....Bottom line anyone can look good when you got players like Xavi and Iniesta in the midfield....Sure Messi can make his own individual runs but I don't think he can out pace all the English League defense in a long run like he does in La Liga while he is quick but he's more of an Acceleration player he runs in "bursts" if you will. He has not alot of shot power so he has to get in close and he won't fight off six feet tall players.

You obviously don't watch Argentina very much...Messi does well for them and is definitely their best player. Not nearly as well as at Barca, but that's because he fits so perfectly into Barca's system. None of Argentina's players can replicate their form with the Albiceleste...that doesn't mean they're not good, it's just that their NT has a lot of problems. Mainly that there's not really a good formation that their players would fit into and they all play in different leagues.

messi is no weaker then ronaldo and he did fairly well at united.........

LOL, are you serious Ronaldo is much stronger than messi but ronaldo just decides to fall to the floor when he fells like he wants a free kick

lmao at this thread I think the snow must be getting to andy gray's mind. I usually like his commentating but I think he's lost the plot with this 1. What part of BEST IN THE WORLD does he not get? If he can dribble past every team in the champions league he can beat the entire stoke defence while polishing grays shiny bold head with no problem

i dont like messi, but there's this idea that becuase he is small, he must be weak. its simply not true. hes no goliath, but hes certainly no weakling.

Ronan, Faye cant even handle nani, what chance with messi?

leave nani alone

Ok im gonna get flamed for this, but i dont think he would last an entire EPL season, He could probably destroy defences but i think the physicality would catch up with him, hes very small

I mean look he only realistically plays 1-2 english teams in a season

So my 2 cents, commence the flame

i dont think he would last an entire EPL season, He could probably destroy defences but i think the physicality would catch up with him, hes very small

I mean look he only realistically plays 1-2 english teams in a season
Again, being small doesn't have to mean being weak. In fact, he's not so weak at all.

Maybe some seasons ago I would have agreed with you, but lately he almost get injuried during season.
So I don't think it would be like you say.

Sorry but can someone actually explain the point of this by Andy Gray?

Messi is probably never going to come to the Premier League, and if he does I highly doubt he'll play for ******* Stoke!?

Sorry but can someone actually explain the point of this by Andy Gray?

Messi is probably never going to come to the Premier League, and if he does I highly doubt he'll play for ******* Stoke!?
Well, he was guessing what would happen if this happen. Doesn't mean it would happen.

Even though, I guess he meant against Stoke.

Messi wouldnt last 5 minutes with stoke. he'd be in the next world. lol. Huth and Wilko = Messi = dead lol

theres no such thing as "to small" in any normal human being for football. Roy Keane wasnt the biggest bloke but he suffered the "small man" mentality meaning he would compete and fight as hard as he could and i never saw him being bullied on a field, did you?
People said Zola was to small for the premier league but he proved them wrong didnt he!

he wouldn't cut it at Stoke! Messi is nothing without Xavi, he would score half his goals... At Stoke, he wouldn't have the creative teammates to score goals. He'd just be a good player at a mediocre team.

he wouldn't cut it at Stoke! Messi is nothing without Xavi, he would score half his goals... At Stoke, he wouldn't have the creative teammates to score goals. He'd just be a good player at a mediocre team.

: facepalm :

And how would that make him different than any other player? Every attacking player needs service to score goals. So if he was on a ***** team or a team that plays hoofball, than yeah, he won't be able be as successful as he is at Barca, but name a player that could play like Messi at Stoke. Do you guys seriously think that if Cristiano Ronaldo or Rooney played for Stoke or Blackburn they'd score 40 goals?

The results of the poll are pretty sad, and I'm sorry but to be honest I think it has a lot to do with English football fans. A lot of them seem to think that all leagues and players outside of England aren't worth watching and that they "wouldn't be able to do it at Stoke," as if that were the primary measure of how great a player is. Unbelievable.

Back