• Replies Replies 158
  • Views Views 14K

Do you think Andy Gray is right?

• Yes, I agree with him

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • No, what the f**k is he saying?

Votes: 34 68.0%

• Total voters
I wish Messi would go to a new league, but sadly he won't. Will be stuck in that boring 2 team league winning La Liga over and over and over again.

Just because Ronaldo did well in the Premier League doesn't mean Messi will.. They are completely different players. Plus this debate is about the physical side of the game, Ronaldo is to say the least a tank.. Messi is hardly of the same stature.. Ronaldo was build to be able to cope with the English game, Messi was set up for the Spanish game you can hardly make a comparison based on them both playing in Spain and Messi being "better" which I also don't agree with.

What on earth is that supposed to mean.

Ronaldo was built like a tank? ... Cristiano Ronaldo ?? oO)

Watch page 1 and you will see despite his physique, Messi can get stuck in as good as most. A big difference in psysique to look at, yet Ronaldo hits the deck 14 times a game and Messi works his position to gain the advantage.
Ronaldo did nothing but mock lesser teams in england with the steopver rubbish, and it proved successful for him. Messi is not that type of player, he uses effective skill. ie. When it's required.. And pays off.

As for Ronaldo being better than Messi, if that's your opinion, fair enough. Altho most would agree it is very wrong.

honestly the top 8 matches or so would be close with IMO the prem just sneeking it but the other 12 matches IMO i think will be dominated by english clubs as i belive the bottom clubs in england are alot stronger than the bottom clubs in la liga

I completely disagree with every point there. If we matched up the sides in 1-20th places with their English counterparts, I think Spain would prbs win.

IMO:

Barca > Man Utd
Real > Arsenal
Villareal <= Man City
Valencia <= Chelsea
Espanyol < Spurs
Atletico Madrid > Sunderland
Getafe > Bolton
Bilbao >= Newcastle
Real Sociedad < Liverpool
Mallorca > Blackpool
Sevilla > West Brom
Hercules <= Blackburn
Deportivo > Stoke
Santander < Everton
Osasuna <= Aston Villa
Levante = Birmingham
Almeria = Fulham
Malaga > Wigan
Sporting Gijon = Wolves
Zaragoza >= West Ham

You will probably disagree, but I just think that most La Liga sides are better than most EPL sides.

Messi would cope here. He's not too small, I think he proved that by out-jumping Rio Ferdinand to a header and scoring from it in the Champions League final a couple years ago. If that's already been stated, sorry but I really cba to read through 4 pages of debate :P

Yeah Ronaldo, the 6 foot 1ish. Muscle man.... You know the Guy i would imagine

http://www.topfatlosstrainer.com/wp...us-***-appeal/Cristiano-Ronaldo-Body-Pics.jpg

Hardly looks weak to me

Ripped, but not a tank.

I'd happily floor him (H)

Our wages don't attract top players from other leagues........... Due to the really high rates of tax in the UK.

If you think a lot of top players are going to play in Spain purely for footballing reasons you need to stop having such faith in the modern day footballer. There are notable exceptions like Kaka. Although it has backfired spectaculalry, he chose to go and be the final piece in Real's jigsaw over the big money offered by Man City.

Well they want to succeed, don't they? A slower, more technically gifted player is going to want to play in La Liga where he has more time on the ball and not the faster paced long ball Premiership. The Spanish league is compatible with the Latin style of play and there's the language, which is why since the 90's the Latin players tend to go there. The Prem, because of its style, attracts the better athletes who aren't as gifted technically.

As for wages, how many teams in La Liga other than Real Madrid and Barca can afford to pay their players high wages? Every time in La Liga pretty much is in serious financial trouble (those two included)...the difference is they get their debt written off by the state.

Why do you think so many foreign players play in the Premiership? What's the statistic, something like only 40% of players in the Starting XI in the top half of the Prem are English? It's because of the incredible amount of money in the Premiership...compare it to Serie A (which was the best league in the 90's) or Ligue 1...the other leagues can't compare in terms of player wages or transfer budgets (this has to do with their own rules, especially debt to profit, TV agreements, lack of foreign ownership, etc.). This is how the Prem got to be arguably the best league in the world. Only there will you find the Abramovich's and the Mansour's.

Another reason why I hate Andy Gray. He blabs on about ****, but this is the worst.

Ronaldo was built like a tank? ... Cristiano Ronaldo ?? oO)

Watch page 1 and you will see despite his physique, Messi can get stuck in as good as most. A big difference in psysique to look at, yet Ronaldo hits the deck 14 times a game and Messi works his position to gain the advantage.
Ronaldo did nothing but mock lesser teams in england with the steopver rubbish, and it proved successful for him. Messi is not that type of player, he uses effective skill. ie. When it's required.. And pays off.

As for Ronaldo being better than Messi, if that's your opinion, fair enough. Altho most would agree it is very wrong.

Thank you for proving my point.. They are completely different players. Which is why your logic is terrible. I don't really care about your opinion on either player the fact of the matter is you cannot just Messi on Ronaldo's success.

Thank you for proving my point.. They are completely different players. Which is why your logic is terrible. I don't really care about your opinion on either player the fact of the matter is you cannot just Messi on Ronaldo's success.

Yet your earlier post is basically saying Messi's talent would be affected by the team he plays for..

Smart ?

Yet your earlier post is basically saying Messi's talent would be affected by the team he plays for..

Smart ?

Well it would, what does that have to do with anything though.. :S

Well you're bringing up a point made in jest and arguing it with fact.. Your fact being that i cannot compare Messi to Ronaldo's successes.. This goes without saying as they are different human beings, let alone different players. Only a 10yr old would compare on paper. You're point seems to be that Messi wouldn't be as good if he played for a lesser team.. Bar the learning he gets from coaching staff etc, his on the pitch qualities would still shine. If you're a world class player you're world class. Even if he played for Bolton... Hence the phrases "One man team" or "Big fish in a small Pond."

Although it's clear that Messi wouldn't do as well in the Premier League than he does in La Liga, he would still be an absolute beast of a player.

Well you're bringing up a point made in jest and arguing it with fact.. Your fact being that i cannot compare Messi to Ronaldo's successes.. This goes without saying as they are different human beings, let alone different players. Only a 10yr old would compare on paper. You're point seems to be that Messi wouldn't be as good if he played for a lesser team.. Bar the learning he gets from coaching staff etc, his on the pitch qualities would still shine. If you're a world class player you're world class. Even if he played for Bolton... Hence the phrases "One man team" or "Big fish in a small Pond."

No that's not the point I was trying to make. I mean if Barcelona were a Premier League team then Messi would be a better player than if he played for a team like Bolton.. There is no such thing as a one man team.

lool I was watching the program and andy gray didnt even say that

i don't think he would hit the ground running in the PL to be fair. It would take him a while to adapt to the way the game is played but he would walk into any side in the world without a dout. Andy Gray is a clown.

Well my opinion is that Andy Gray is just trying to get his name in the papers for saying something like that.
Complete and utter nonsence. Messi isnt all about skill as he can read the game well and make the most of the situation hes put in. If Messi joined the Premiership he may struggle for a few months but he would adapt to it and still have the same kind of impact as he does at Barca.

Andy Gray is just jelous of the skills messi has at his disposal

I still don't get the title of the article? Nobody said he'd ever play for Stoke?

I think Messi would struggle greatly in the SPL against Rangers' 10 formation. :P

Back