Miccoli rejects Birmingham offer

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 88
  • Views Views 4K
I hope the fact that Birmingham have signed Zigic does not mean they will be playing long ball football because long ball teams reflect very badly on the Premier League.

I absolutely, definitely, agree with you!!

we played well this past season from playing the ball, i hope it just encourages us to go wider and cross the ball more into him. goals goals goals lol

Calum your a Gimp you know nothing about football.

I'm sort or glad we never got Miccoli, i read he has been having a few knee injuries over the last year,and for 5mil to only get 2 good years i rather blues invest the money in signing Clyne and N'zogbia.

So, now if the Boyd deal fails, who shall we go for to partner Zig?

I still think we need a striker .But i start Cameron Jerome he scored more league goals than Zamora.
the striker i want Blues to sign would be C.Cole or Pav

were never gona get either of them for a sensible fee.

and if im honest, carlton cole is nothing special, and is too similar to zigic.

i know, Chucho? XD

Lol
we could get Babel quite cheapish though, i'm just actually look forward to a Blues season thinking that we won't get relegated

I think Birmingham should be looking at players who will adapt easier to the English game.

Birmingham aren't exactly short of cash now and they have big ambitions. Miccoli was wise to turn this one down and I think Birmingham could buy better.

were never gona get either of them for a sensible fee.

and if im honest, carlton cole is nothing special, and is too similar to zigic.

i know, Chucho? XD

For a lesser price I actually wouldn't complain ;)

Were they chasing Miccoli because Boyd has agreed terms elsewhere do you think?

Maybe.

He would be a great signing if not.

I'd absolutely love to see Martin O'Niel and Villa have as much ambition in the transfer window this season, good move by Birmingham and they're unlucky on this occasion but if you don't try then you'll never get anyone.

For a lesser price I actually wouldn't complain ;)

only because your love him XD he scared defences, but seemed allergic to the back of the net!

---------- Post added at 02:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 AM ----------

Were they chasing Miccoli because Boyd has agreed terms elsewhere do you think?

i think that is a very strong possibility.

or maybe to show Boyd that we dont need him desperately to stop him demanding high wages.

there is a lot of psychology in these transfer deals these days.

---------- Post added at 02:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 AM ----------

I'd absolutely love to see Martin O'Niel and Villa have as much ambition in the transfer window this season, good move by Birmingham and they're unlucky on this occasion but if you don't try then you'll never get anyone.

:O you surprise me some times mate you really do! XD

---------- Post added at 02:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 AM ----------

Lol
we could get Babel quite cheapish though, i'm just actually look forward to a Blues season thinking that we won't get relegated

I would rather not buy anyone than buy an out of form player like Babel, he doesn't work hard enough for me

I only just got over the depression of them letting him go! ;)

If he came back I'd probably hate him. XD

I only just got over the depression of them letting him go! ;)

If he came back I'd probably hate him. XD

he served his purpose last season, gave that different option to our forward line and frightened the best of defences, especially at the beginning of the season.

Much like Clinton Morrison a few years ago! Believe me i loved that chap, when we let him go i was sack Bruce, **** the board, what the **** is going on XD THEN we brought Emile Heskey and life was good again oO)

he served his purpose last season, gave that different option to our forward line and frightened the best of defences, especially at the beginning of the season.

Much like Clinton Morrison a few years ago! Believe me i loved that chap, when we let him go i was sack Bruce, **** the board, what the **** is going on XD THEN we brought Emile Heskey and life was good again oO)

Clinton

YE Clinton Morrison, back when he was at Blues in his prime age of a striker, you could not explain the work rate of this chap. And a great character. Moaning git though XD

---------- Post added at 03:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 AM ----------

I will allow myself to complement Birmingham at most twice per season, and expect abit in return ;)

haha fair enough, i cant make any promises im afraid :$

Decent striker but we have seen so many Italians fail in the Premier League, they're too slow and conservative imo.

But we have also seen players like Di Canio and Zola so you can never tell!

Oh yeah, what about O'Connor playing up front now he is a physical beast?

Oh yeah, what about O'Connor playing up front now he is a physical beast?

Ye im looking forward to seeing how much he has changed from those reports.
But he will never be a Premiership striker will he, good squad player but playing every game may be a bit much for him.

I can see why Big Eck is going for players like Miccoli, experienced, goal scorer, in his prime.
I wonder who else he has up his sleeve?

Back