Miccoli rejects Birmingham offer

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 88
  • Views Views 4K
Unlucky. An ageing, but still quality player. Also, if you dare get Clyne I will... I don't know what I'll do. :'(

Unlucky. An ageing, but still quality player. Also, if you dare get Clyne I will... I don't know what I'll do. :'(

well its very much on the cards, very strong links flying around Brum at the moment with Clyne at the top of the list.

when that happens, they usually sign.

he wont play this season, but maybe next season if we manage to get him, loan him back to palace maybe ;)

If you do sign him, he's a true gem. Superb player, undoubtedly, but also a truly nice bloke as well. Signed my Palace shirt.

I can still hope, of course. Not so long ago he turned down talks with Mick McCarthy and Wolves without even opening negotiations. Proper Palace lad, that one.

I'd like to see us go for that Swiss striker, Derdiyok.

Looked great technically against Spain, although I'm not sure how his club rate him.

I think they should buy Benni McCarthy!! ;) He would murk for them and um West Ham don't need him although he is brilliant. ;)

P.S: Please make an offer in the region of £80M.

Christian Benitez is a good skillful little player, can't he play with Zigic?

Just to say, it was highley known that Micolli wanted to join Birmingha because he wanted to have a crack at the Premier League before his career ended. It said that publicly himself. (Hence the reason for the meeting with the chairman, to demand a move to Birmingham). It was not until he had a discussion with his family and the meeting with the chairman that he decided to stay. Nothing to do with the fact that Birmingham are a small club or not, as that muppet who commented earlier thinks so.

The Boyd deal is near enough dead. I think the Rangers fan pointed it out that he was going to the Turkish club. (Team name slips my mind). He is either going there, or to the north area of England. (Boro Newcastle area) as its close to the Scottish border.
I also have reason to believe that the Clyne deal is at an advanced stage. So hopefully, the deal will be done sooner rather than later.

Cheers for clearing all that up for everyone mate. :)

Clyne ftw.

No worries.
I have friends in the know, so thought id try and shed a little light on things.

Totally agree, Clyne is top class, and would be a good replacement for Carr IMO.

Yeah, like Matt said, we could loan him back to Palace for next year. If he isn't going to play straight away. If Parnaby can stay injury free he might replace Carr too. When he plays he's normally very solid, personally I think he's a great full-back, he just has problems with injuries. :'(

Just to say, it was highley known that Micolli wanted to join Birmingha because he wanted to have a crack at the Premier League before his career ended. It said that publicly himself. (Hence the reason for the meeting with the chairman, to demand a move to Birmingham). It was not until he had a discussion with his family and the meeting with the chairman that he decided to stay. Nothing to do with the fact that Birmingham are a small club or not, as that muppet who commented earlier thinks so.

The Boyd deal is near enough dead. I think the Rangers fan pointed it out that he was going to the Turkish club. (Team name slips my mind). He is either going there, or to the north area of England. (Boro Newcastle area) as its close to the Scottish border.
I also have reason to believe that the Clyne deal is at an advanced stage. So hopefully, the deal will be done sooner rather than later.

Source? I could say I have 'friends' that know.

Totally agree with you on Parnaby. I always used to question him, but the last 2 seasons he has really impressed me. His injuries are a bit of a worry, thats the only bad thing about him in all fairness.

---------- Post added at 04:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 AM ----------

Source? I could say I have 'friends' that know.

Yeah you could.
Its not a direct source to me. My friend is close to Colin Tattum who works for the Birmingham Mail. He is very well informed about the Blues.

I think they should buy Benni McCarthy!! ;) He would murk for them and um West Ham don't need him although he is brilliant. ;)

P.S: Please make an offer in the region of £80M.

That would be funny, except we hate West Ham :)

---------- Post added at 04:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 AM ----------

Yeah you could.
Its not a direct source to me. My friend is close to Colin Tattum who works for the Birmingham Mail. He is very well informed about the Blues.

Colin Tattum, that is reliable.

keep us informed regularly on here mate please ;)

Out of curiosity, is Murphy back from injury yet?

I heard he's on his way out.

I don't really know what to say about him tbh, he's barely played for two years due to his injuries, Quedrue and Ridge :wub:

Making way for Konchesky?

That would be funny, except we hate West Ham :)

---------- Post added at 04:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 AM ----------

Colin Tattum, that is reliable.

keep us informed regularly on here mate please ;)

When I hear something mate, this will be the first place I come ;)

---------- Post added at 04:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 AM ----------

Out of curiosity, is Murphy back from injury yet?

I heard he's on his way out.

I don't really know what to say about him tbh, he's barely played for two years due to his injuries, Quedrue and Ridge :wub:

Making way for Konchesky?

Im sure Murphy come back from injury, but the injured his hammy in training.
I dont know what to make of him either. The only real thing I remember of him was scoring against Blackburn the day we got relegated. I absoluelty loved Quedrue! Was gutted when he got injured, because I knew he wouldnt get back into the team. Gutted he got released.

Hopefully so I rate Konchesky veru highley. Good left backs are a rare breed, and I think Konchesky will improve the LB position. Ridgwell has also stated he wants to fight for his CB position aswell.

I think Birmingham should only replace people that they have to replace really, not just go out and buy because the player is good.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

i would agree with you Max but Big Eck's way of thinking is we have to develop in order to match the other teams in the league and progress like they are.

I think Birmingham should only replace people that they have to replace really, not just go out and buy because the player is good.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Only works like that to a certain extent.

If everyone around them is improving, then it will be harder for Brum to maintain their position.

i know it aint reliable but according to the mirror we are after Robbie Keane:D

Back