Michael Carrick – The England Player That Never Was

• Thread starter Thread starter sunilvk7
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 69
  • Views Views 5K
Maybe i was OTT when I said Fergie and Wenger wouldn't have made difference.

Thats a very good point Mike, that they both have fantasctic domestic knowledge.. One more reason to support why National team manager should be from within the league/country.

Capello was fantastic and winner in every team he managed. Shame with how he is struggling with England NT as when he was appointed I thought "Finally some manager who wont take any **** from players"..

English football has its own unique style that needs to be understood. NT manager must come from here, but also would benefit from Continental knowledge hugely. I would have Pearce and Ray Wilkins

Capello has been slow to understand the quirks of english football, but being a foreigner, people stuck the knife in long before they should have

English football has its own unique style that needs to be understood. NT manager must come from here, but also would benefit from Continental knowledge hugely. I would have Pearce and Ray Wilkins

Capello has been slow to understand the quirks of english football, but being a foreigner, people stuck the knife in long before they should have

Call me whatever Mike, I would hate to see Pearce getting the job. He is not good enough to become NT manager. I supported him a year back, but looking how clueless he was in the games that mattered most I'm afraid England wont make any progress under him.. Maybe thats just me..

Call me whatever Mike, I would hate to see Pearce getting the job. He is not good enough to become NT manager. I supported him a year back, but looking how clueless he was in the games that mattered most I'm afraid England wont make any progress under him.. Maybe thats just me..

3 games should not define him, let him learn from his mistakes, and not forget the success (2007 semi final 2009 final). He is the closest we have to a young hungry manager willing to learn.

If I may... I think Pearce is still raw for the senior job, just like Batista is (Was?) for us. Not saying he'll make the same mistakes as the situation is a lot different, but I don't think he's ready.

If I may... I think Pearce is still raw for the senior job, just like Batista is (Was?) for us. Not saying he'll make the same mistakes as the situation is a lot different, but I don't think he's ready.

The current domestic alternative seems to be Redknapp. I know who i prefer

3 games should not define him, let him learn from his mistakes, and not forget the success (2007 semi final 2009 final). He is the closest we have to a young hungry manager willing to learn.

Yeah, but his past record with ManCity where his team scored some 10 goals at home shows he is not really what England wants. He is very passionate which makes many to like him, but imo that is not enough.

And the reason I mentioned those 3 games is we have seen England team doing so well in the qualifiers but not so well in the actual tournament. Same trend continued with U 21 team. So I have my doubts.

Yeah, but his past record with ManCity where his team scored some 10 goals at home shows he is not really what England wants. He is very passionate which makes many to like him, but imo that is not enough.

And the reason I mentioned those 3 games is we have seen England team doing so well in the qualifiers but not so well in the actual tournament. Same trend continued with U 21 team. So I have my doubts.

We scored plenty of goals in the 4.5 years under him, unfair to hlpd his city days against, when he admits he wasnt ready then. He was was robbed of wilshere for the finals, and learned too late to rely on lansbury (though he would have started him in the 3rd game but he picked up an injury). a mistake he can learn from. and again he clearly can do well in tournaments have done so in the previous two

We scored plenty of goals in the 4.5 years under him, unfair to hlpd his city days against, when he admits he wasnt ready then. He was was robbed of wilshere for the finals, and learned too late to rely on lansbury (though he would have started him in the 3rd game but he picked up an injury). a mistake he can learn from. and again he clearly can do well in tournaments have done so in the previous two

Yeah, he has done well. Like I said I have my doubts. I will be very happy if he proves me wrong and I will glady raise my hand and say "I was wrong"..

Yeah, he has done well. Like I said I have my doubts. I will be very happy if he proves me wrong and I will glady raise my hand and say "I was wrong"..

Im not saying he will definitely make it, but we have to give him the chance. Failure is just as important as success if you learn from it

Back